THE BROWNS BOARD

Claussen vs Tebow for the Heisman

OconRecon

Cowherd favors Tebow, but Claussen is in the conversation. His arm stregth is superior to Tebow's. So, when the NFL guys start the arm-strength stuff, who will be drafted first?

Hmmm.

:D:D:D:D

Do we really think Tebow is a top tier nfl QB? I would have to disagree. Unless Miami drafts him and runs the WildDawg on every play. But then again they have Pat White. Jacksonville will draft him just to sell tickets.

i've said this before: claussen isn't entering the draft this year. notre dame is the highest in the ncaa for graduation at 100% for its white playerss. it is around 90% for its black players. just for a comparison: ohio state's is the lowest with around 40% of a graduation rate among football players. way to go jimmy t.

All cool guys. So, agreed. We draft Claussen. Excellent.

Beano on just now. He says is Tebow goes undefeated, he wins it. However, if Florida loses and Claussen beats USC, well then game on.

And on the QB front, Colin talking about "step-up" programs this morning. In other words, which programs step up and win the big games. Florida and SoCal being the best recent examples. Which takes us back to the well known stat revealing DA has beaten one winning team. He's not a step-up QB. He gets nervous and folds. I don't want to start over with another QB, but we may be stuck.

i've said this before: claussen isn't entering the draft this year. notre dame is the highest in the ncaa for graduation at 100% for its white playerss. it is around 90% for its black players. just for a comparison: ohio state's is the lowest with around 40% of a graduation rate among football players. way to go jimmy t.

Nice shot at OSU, but did you know some of the teams that fall below Ohio State? How about Michigan State, Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma. . . looks like a good percentage of LARGE State schools to me. . . and a bunch of big programs that send players directly to the NFL, which does affect the numbers.

On top of that, I believe the latest research on this data came out in the end of 2008, and was based on data from 1998 - 2001, even before Tressel's time, and rumor is it has gotten better since he arrived.

Just sayin.

But regarding the topic at hand, Tebow won't be a good NFL QB. Urban Meyer has a TERRIBLE track record of preparing QBs for the NFL. He has developed some STELLAR performances out of QBs at the college level in his systems (Josh Harris, Omar Jacobs, Alex Smith, and now Tebow. . . ) but none of them have done ANYTHING in the NFL. So, unfortunately, odds are against him.

Nice shot at OSU, but did you know some of the teams that fall below Ohio State? How about Michigan State, Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma. . . looks like a good percentage of LARGE State schools to me. . . and a bunch of big programs that send players directly to the NFL, which does affect the numbers.

On top of that, I believe the latest research on this data came out in the end of 2008, and was based on data from 1998 - 2001, even before Tressel's time, and rumor is it has gotten better since he arrived.

Just sayin.

served <_<

If Tebow becomes a quarterback, it's at least a three-year process or more. I don't see it. In his dreams, he's Jake Locker.

Tebow is the next Eric Crouch. He'll be playing safety in the CFL in 5 years.

I will go on record as saying Tebow will be a pretty good NFL QB, and will go to Dallas once Gruden gets hired as coach.

Dallas will jump Jacksonville to draft him.

Oh...Tebow will be better than pretty good if the team takes the step and runs the O he runs well. Dallas seems to have some of those parts in place with both Jones and Choice in place.

When your program produces so many high caliber players that leave early for the NFL it skews the stat. I'm proud that ND is near the top but your cheap shot at Ohio State was weak.

Clausen isn't going to come out people. Think. It makes no sense for him to come out this year and face a serious competition among 2-3 other players over who is the top QB in the draft; if he produces about the same next year (with nearly all his offense returning) he WILL BE THE UNQUESTIONED #1 QB in the draft. From a developmental point it doesn't really make sense to come out, but more significantly from a pocketbook point it makes zero sense to leave early.

Cleveland isn't going to be bad enough next year to get him.

Archived