THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim Rome is Burning

Legacy Fan

Guest Masters

Some highlights:

Title of the bit was A Low Brown Dirty Shame.

Why does the win feel like a 4 TD loss.

Even when the Browns win, they lose.

Knocked the 2/17 performance and EM backing him as best chance to win.

Just know that Quinn will probably morph into Joe Montana after being traded.

Don't look for EM to get the Browns out of their mess.

Rome's a tool who will say what ever he thinks will get him ratings. Gee I wonder what he thought of McDaniels BEFORE denver started winning?

I am SO TIRED of all these "experts" people want to site because someone somewhere decided they had a good voice or a good face for TV, and yet all they do is spout the conventional wisdom that everyone else is spouting.

Guest Masters

Rome is a tool, but I still enjoy him. As Jason said, Rome makes smarmy kind of cool. Plus Rome gives nothing but love for Cleveland sports and fans on his radio show. Cleveland is the town he has done the most appearances at because of the fans. So I tip my cap to him for that.

I think really the point it, CLE even after winning still manages to be the butt of jokes.

Rome is a tool, but I still enjoy him. As Jason said, Rome makes smarmy kind of cool. Plus Rome gives nothing but love for Cleveland sports and fans on his radio show. Cleveland is the town he has done the most appearances at because of the fans. So I tip my cap to him for that.

I think really the point it, CLE even after winning still manages to be the butt of jokes.

Agree totally.

Jimmy just lit us up & tore Mangini a new one. I don't have the transcript, but he called him a poor-man's Josh McDaniels and nowhere close to "the hoody".

Also, our only playmakers are Cribbs & Thomas.

Ouch.

Agree. I've never liked Mangini; just always seemed like Belichick's shoeshine boy who got lucky being associated with a genius and fooled everyone.

And then turned around and bit his ex-boss, who was the one and only reason Mangini became more than a errand runner.

I can't stand disloyalty.

Agree. I've never liked Mangini; just always seemed like Belichick's shoeshine boy who got lucky being associated with a genius and fooled everyone.

And then turned around and bit his ex-boss, who was the one and only reason Mangini became more than a errand runner.

I can't stand disloyalty.

yikes.. so Mangini should have let Belichick cheat against him because he was a former employer?

I disagree. Belichick was classless for cheating against his former disciple.

Yeah, but now you will post and we get to see your pretty face!!! :)

I didn't hear this "story"/rant/whatever and I don't know who Jim Rome is...but I like Mangini and I'm optimistic he will turn this team around. It's about the only thing I'm optimistic about (in other words, don't bust my bubble!!! :P )

he's a douche who likes to lick his own a-hole. he thinks he's hilarious, he's always right and that his s*** don't stink.

First, Eric Mangini is a smart X's and O's coach with a "contagious personality" which totally belies the guy whom we see at the podium. There are numerous NFL people who believe this including Ernie Accorsi, Bill Parcells and, yes, Bill Belicheck. You don't just talk your way into an NFL head coaching job.

Second, Jim Rome didn't watch any of the 2-for-17 performance and I'm sick and tired of people who don't watch the game making such polarizing comments and opinion-laden rants on a game that they didn't watch.

Third, Jim Rome is looking for shock value and nothing more. The problem is that the "hate Mangini" news cycle was two weeks or more ago and in the last two days we're starting into an upswing with the articles by Peter King and the "Mangini is changing" by Florio.

Jim Rome wants you to think that Josh McDaniels' success and Eric Mangini's success are mutually exclusive. They're not.

Answer these questions:

-If Eric Mangini is such a horrible guy, then why did the guy who fired him, the guy who replaced him and multiple Jet players show up en masse to support his youth camp this year on their own time? Why did Dustin Keller get up and sing the praises of EM to the 800 kids?

-If Eric Mangini is a horrible coach then how come he could beat Belichick twice in Foxboro and drill an undefeated Tennessee team on the road?

-If Eric Mangini turned in the Pats for cheating....how come there's no mention that he actually blew the whistle? There's implication but there's not any proof that it wasn't someone else in the organization

-If Eric Mangini is so horrible, then why did Bill Belichick get SO pissed at him for taking the Jets' job? Let's see, get the offer of an NFL HC job at age 34 and turn it down because Bill doesn't like it? What was Bill afraid of? See above.

-If Eric Mangini is such a horrible talent evaluator then how come all but two of his roster cuts in Cleveland are out of the league?

-Here is his draft history with the Jets:

D'Brickashaw Ferguson Virginia

1 Nick Mangold Ohio State

2 Kellen Clemens Oregon

3 Anthony Schlegel Ohio State

3 Eric Smith Michigan State

4 Brad Smith Missouri

4 Leon Washington Florida State

5 Jason Pociask Wisconsin

6 Drew Coleman Texas Christian

7 Titus Adams Nebraska

1 Darrelle Revis Pittsburgh

2 David Harris Michigan

6 Jacob Bender Nicholls State

7 Chansi Stuckey Clemson

Vernon Gholston Ohio State

1 Dustin Keller Purdue

4 Dwight Lowery San Jose State

5 Erik Ainge Tennessee

6 Marcus Henry Kansas

7 Nate Garner Arkansas

All of these guys are still in the league except for Schlegel. I don't wanna hear any more of this Mike Tannenbaum crap either. He's a lawyer and a bean-counter who was brought in by Parcells to manage the cap. He's admitted himself that he's never scouted a player personally.

Sorry guys....as usual....Jim Rome has missed the boat. The Browns' comments on "Moving the Chains" today on NFL Radio were STELLAR regarding the head coach specifically by BOTH hosts. I would trust Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan (who've actually played, coached, GM'd and scouted in this league) over a midget who once called Jim Everett "Chrissy" to the point of getting a beat down.

First, Eric Mangini is a smart X's and O's coach with a "contagious personality" which totally belies the guy whom we see at the podium. There are numerous NFL people who believe this including Ernie Accorsi, Bill Parcells and, yes, Bill Belicheck. You don't just talk your way into an NFL head coaching job.

Second, Jim Rome didn't watch any of the 2-for-17 performance and I'm sick and tired of people who don't watch the game making such polarizing comments and opinion-laden rants on a game that they didn't watch.

Third, Jim Rome is looking for shock value and nothing more. The problem is that the "hate Mangini" news cycle was two weeks or more ago and in the last two days we're starting into an upswing with the articles by Peter King and the "Mangini is changing" by Florio.

Jim Rome wants you to think that Josh McDaniels' success and Eric Mangini's success are mutually exclusive. They're not.

Answer these questions:

-If Eric Mangini is such a horrible guy, then why did the guy who fired him, the guy who replaced him and multiple Jet players show up en masse to support his youth camp this year on their own time? Why did Dustin Keller get up and sing the praises of EM to the 800 kids?

-If Eric Mangini is a horrible coach then how come he could beat Belichick twice in Foxboro and drill an undefeated Tennessee team on the road?

-If Eric Mangini turned in the Pats for cheating....how come there's no mention that he actually blew the whistle? There's implication but there's not any proof that it wasn't someone else in the organization

-If Eric Mangini is so horrible, then why did Bill Belichick get SO pissed at him for taking the Jets' job? Let's see, get the offer of an NFL HC job at age 34 and turn it down because Bill doesn't like it? What was Bill afraid of? See above.

-If Eric Mangini is such a horrible talent evaluator then how come all but two of his roster cuts in Cleveland are out of the league?

2 Kellen Clemens Oregon

4 Brad Smith Missouri

7 Titus Adams Nebraska

2 David Harris Michigan

7 Chansi Stuckey Clemson

1 Dustin Keller Purdue

5 Erik Ainge Tennessee

6 Marcus Henry Kansas

7 Nate Garner Arkansas

All of these guys are still in the league except for Schlegel. I don't wanna hear any more of this Mike Tannenbaum crap either. He's a lawyer and a bean-counter who was brought in by Parcells to manage the cap. He's admitted himself that he's never scouted a player personally.

Sorry guys....as usual....Jim Rome has missed the boat. The Browns' comments on "Moving the Chains" today on NFL Radio were STELLAR regarding the head coach specifically by BOTH hosts. I would trust Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan (who've actually played, coached, GM'd and scouted in this league) over a midget who once called Jim Everett "Chrissy" to the point of getting a beat down.

Yeah! x100000000000000000000

Another thing in regards to Josh McDaniels he inherited a much much better team then Mangini did.

Jim Rome got way to big for his own good. He used to be a regular sports talk guy on a local San Diego station and his show was phenomenal back then. Then it went into syndication and he was all over the radio and all over the country and he has essentially turned into the sports version of Howard Stern. He probably doesn't believe half the shit he talks about, but he's looking for the "shock value."

Answer these questions:

2 Kellen Clemens Oregon

4 Brad Smith Missouri

7 Titus Adams Nebraska

2 David Harris Michigan

7 Chansi Stuckey Clemson

1 Dustin Keller Purdue

5 Erik Ainge Tennessee

6 Marcus Henry Kansas

7 Nate Garner Arkansas

Best post on here in a looooooong looooooooong time. Thank you

Archived