THE BROWNS BOARD

Ratliff?

bigred

What do you guys think, will we see him this year?

We know EM likes him a lot. What do you guys think of him?

I am just curious. I did some research on him but couldn't find much. Looks like he has a decent arm and is mobile.

One can only hope we will see Ratliff against Pittspuke. It can't get any worse than what we have behind center currently. The starting QB for the Massillon Tigers would probably fare better.

In NY, Brett Ratliff had a monster camp last year and was all the rage before Favre arrived. In those preseason games (I was at all of them) he looked first and foremost like a guy who really got the guys around him to respond. They really moved the ball. Granted, this was against backups.

When they announced the trade on draft day, I was not surprised to see Ratliff's name on there. They exposed Erik Ainge on the practice squad to keep Ratliff on the 53-man roster (and they liked Ainge enough to not want to lose him). Tremendous upside with a good arm and some mobility.

I will say that I was very disappointed to see him this preseason because it doesn't even look like the same guy.

Pat Kirwan has been on record on NFL Radio as saying we'd "see all three QB's starting at some point in Cleveland this year". I really hope that if he gets into a game,....the old Ratty shows up and not this one.

Archived