9 total first downs- 1 pass- 8 rush

4/16- Buffalo- 28th against the pass

Brady Quinn

11 total first downs- 10 pass-1 run

3/14- Denver- 4th against the pass

17 total first downs- 10 pass-5 run-2 penalty

3/12- Minnesota- 11th against the pass

This is what's confusing.

Sure against Cincy we did pretty well. They a solid defense against the pass.

Buffalo was a disaster (I know there were drops, but considering the drops and drive killing penalties BQ had, I considered it a wash).

I left out the Baltimore game because it's not completely fair to judge either QB considering the circumstances. Some could argue that Baltimore changed their coverage to more of a bend but not break because of the huge lead.

So BQ combined for 28 first downs, 20 of them passing compared to DA's 29 first downs, 15 have been through the air.

Third down conversions, there hasn't been much difference. BQ was around 23% converting on 3rd down, and DA is around 26.2% converting on third down. And BQ's play was against much tougher defenses AND he didn't have much help in the run game. Some argue that the run game has been helped because of DA's arm. I call BS. The running game has been helped because of Jerome Harrison against Cincy's mediocre rush D, and Jamal against Buffalo's terrible rush D. I don't think that DA starting against Denver and Minny would have yielded a different or more impressive outcome.

I just don't see how "taking chances" is so much better, when we aren't completing passes and converting any differently.

I think these stats just go to show you how it's not necessarily on the QB's, compared to the rest of the offense.

So DA fans, let's not act like he's doing anything much better, if at all. And BQ fans, don't get excited because BQ wasn't doing that well, but he wasn't doing terribly either, especially given the circumstances.

And then you factor in that all of Quinn's yards came in garbage time down 3 scores.

Then it becomes clear why he rides pine.

I'm sorry... where in this post were we discussing yards?

AH! Thought so...

Either discuss the topic, or stay the hell out of my topic. It's not my fault you're an idiot who prefers a xxxx up QB.

Thanks!

Yup its amazing how the backup is expected to be ready but doesnt get no snaps with the first squad...im not buying the"we arent looking to trade bq crap" either...but lets wait until after DA gets systematically raped by the stoolers,packers and bears and see if bq is put back in for the rest of the season...after he is no longer eligible for the 11 mil deal of course...;)

Thanks! the manual way...DAM YOU STAN! ;)

And then of course there's this gem of a stat: Second lowest completion rate of a winning QB since the AFL Merger! Congratulations?

"Despite Historically-Bad Performance, Anderson Still Browns' Starter

Derek Anderson was bad in the Browns 6-3 win over Buffalo this past Sunday.

(How bad was he?)

He was so bad, it ranks as one of the worst single-game performances of all time according to sports history blog Inhistoric.

2-17, 23 yards, 1 sack, 1 INT, zero touchdowns. He had a QB rating of 15.1 and his completion percentage was just 11.8% -- the second-lowest percentage of a winning quarterback since the AFL merger. Only Don Gault, who won a game in 1970 despite converting on only 1 of 16 passes, had a worse completion percentage. It's also the first time since the turn of the century that a team won with just three or less completions.

Um. congratulations?

So with Brady Quinn and his salary escalators waiting in the wings, surely head coach Eric Mangini will want to hand the keys over to him, right? Nope. Mangini is going all-in with the guy who has a 15.1 passer rating."

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/10/12/1082544...istorically-bad

And then you factor in that all of Quinn's yards came in garbage time down 3 scores.

Then it becomes clear why he rides pine.

BTW the effective yards stat on this link, http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb , shows that your statement is 100% incorrect.

Quinn effective yards- 329 on 86 passes

DA effective yards- 225 on 88 passes

I know that neither QB has thrown that many passes, but you just need to read all of the information on DYAR and DVOA and then you can understand their logic.

Thank you, come again.

Guest Masters
BTW the effective yards stat on this link, http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb , shows that your statement is 100% incorrect.

Quinn effective yards- 329 on 86 passes

DA effective yards- 225 on 88 passes

I know that neither QB has thrown that many passes, but you just need to read all of the information on DYAR and DVOA and then you can understand their logic.

Thank you, come again.

*thanks*

Guest Masters
Just read that Quinn's only practice reps are on the "show team," not with the actual Browns offense. How the kid hasn't publicly told Mangini to fukc off, I really don't know. Benched after 2.5 games, kept there behind the worst quarterback in each of the last two seasons, and not even allowed any real reps?

It's pretty nasty stuff.

Where did you read that?

We all have heard the rumors, speculations and conspiracy theory's on the Browns, let me add a tape recorded conversation that occurred at the beginning of the season and again this past week..

Mangini: We have a talented young guy in Brady Quinn but I really don't want to pay him the bonus money, how can I get away with this without the fans driving me out in 3 games.

Daboll: What if we start the season with Quinn, don't allow him to throw a pass longer than 20 yards and make sure we allow the opposing teams defense a front seat pass to the "Sack the Brady" club?

Mangini: That's not gonna work, Edwards can catch any ball and run it to the house.

Daboll: I have an idea, we can tell Edwards that if he drops a whole bunch of balls we will allow him to hit one of Lebrons friends and send him to the Jets.

Mangini: That is a great idea, but what do we do with Anderson?

Daboll: I'm thinking, that we can let him play for a couple of games and trade him before he starts to throw interceptions.

3 weeks later....

Mangini: Well the Quinn idea worked like a charm!! We have everyone thinking that Quinn sucks big time!!!

Daboll: Remember that was my idea!!!

Mangini: Well so was the Anderson idea!!

Daboll: Wait a minute, I said we could start him before he started throwing interceptions!! I was not completely wrong, he only through 1 interception last week!!

Mangini: Yea, but he only completed 3 passes, including the interception!!

Daboll and Mangini: Man this sucks!!

Archived