THE BROWNS BOARD

Current sports trivia

The Gipper

These are pretty much straightforward sports questions on this set. A couple of quirks, maybe, but not really.

1. What city that currently has a team in one of the major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) has gone the longest since its last championship?

2. What is the last year a city/region won two titles in the same year. (and for this purpose, a Super Bowl win counts for the year in which the season is played, thus 2009 for Pittsburgh would not count, as it was the 2008 season in which the Steelers won the title)

3. The Yankees and Phillies have a chance to meet in the World Series. They have met one time before in a WS. Name the year and the result.

4. If the Angels and Dodgers make the World Series, it would be the first all LA area WS. Except for the New York area, where it has happened many times, name the other cities/metro areas that have hosted an "All City/metro area" World Series. Try to give the citie, year, and teams.

5. How many times has a team from New York won the World Series? Give the teams and number of titles for each if possible.

6. Name the 6 teams that have "waited longer" than the Browns to win an NFL title. (i.e. they had to have been in existance before 1964)

7. John Wooden turns 99 today. How many NCAA titles did he win with UCLA?

8. How many years did Wooden coach UCLA before winning his first NCAA title?

9. Which current NFL head coach coaches in the same city in which he was born.

10. What do current Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels, current Atlanta Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff, former Chiefs HC John Mackovic and former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler all have specifically in common?

11. Give all the names that the Angels have officially gone by at one time or another.

12. This question is for the birds:

A. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Blue Jays?

B. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Orioles?

C. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Robins?

These are pretty much straightforward sports questions on this set. A couple of quirks, maybe, but not really.

1. What city that currently has a team in one of the major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) has gone the longest since its last championship? san diego

2. What is the last year a city/region won two titles in the same year. (and for this purpose, a Super Bowl win counts for the year in which the season is played, thus 2009 for Pittsburgh would not count, as it was the 2008 season in which the Steelers won the title) 2004-Boston

3. The Yankees and Phillies have a chance to meet in the World Series. They have met one time before in a WS. Name the year and the result.

4. If the Angels and Dodgers make the World Series, it would be the first all LA area WS. Except for the New York area, where it has happened many times, name the other cities/metro areas that have hosted an "All City/metro area" World Series. Try to give the citie, year, and teams. New York Yankees and Dodgers. no idea when bu the dodgers won.

5. How many times has a team from New York won the World Series? Give the teams and number of titles for each if possible. yankees -22? dodgers 1?

6. Name the 6 teams that have "waited longer" than the Browns to win an NFL title. (i.e. they had to have been in existance before 1964) lions, cardinals, chiefs, seahawks, do the titans count?, falcons?

7. John Wooden turns 99 today. How many NCAA titles did he win with UCLA? 10

8. How many years did Wooden coach UCLA before winning his first NCAA title? 3?

9. Which current NFL head coach coaches in the same city in which he was born. jim mora jr.

10. What do current Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels, current Atlanta Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff, former Chiefs HC John Mackovic and former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler all have specifically in common? none of them played division 1 ball.

11. Give all the names that the Angels have officially gone by at one time or another. anaheim, california and the los angeles angels of anaheim (which is bs)

A. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Blue Jays? angels

B. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Orioles? phillies

C. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Robins? dodgers

1. What city that currently has a team in one of the major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) has gone the longest since its last championship? Chicago, the Cubs

2. What is the last year a city/region won two titles in the same year. (and for this purpose, a Super Bowl win counts for the year in which the season is played, thus 2009 for Pittsburgh would not count, as it was the 2008 season in which the Steelers won the title) Answered

3. The Yankees and Phillies have a chance to meet in the World Series. They have met one time before in a WS. Name the year and the result. Answered

4. If the Angels and Dodgers make the World Series, it would be the first all LA area WS. Except for the New York area, where it has happened many times, name the other cities/metro areas that have hosted an "All City/metro area" World Series. Try to give the citie, year, and teams. Chicago, White Sox and Cubs, 190+(6, 7, 8?), Okland and SF (They are the same metro area) 1989

5. How many times has a team from New York won the World Series? Give the teams and number of titles for each if possible. Yankees 26, Mets 2, Dodgers 1, Giants 5

6. Name the 6 teams that have "waited longer" than the Browns to win an NFL title. (i.e. they had to have been in existance before 1964) Lions, Cardinals, Eagles, Chargers, Vikings, Oilers/Titans (if I read this question right, you're talking about the top game for that league at that time, correct?)

9. Which current NFL head coach coaches in the same city in which he was born. Norv Turner?

10. What do current Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels, current Atlanta Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff, former Chiefs HC John Mackovic and former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler all have specifically in common? They all went 5-0 to start a season??

11. Give all the names that the Angels have officially gone by at one time or another. Los Angeles Angels, California Angels, Anaheim Angels, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

A. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Blue Jays? Phillies

B. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Orioles? Yankees

C. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Robins? Dodgers

Here's a couple for you, Gipper.

Where did baseball's Broncos play? (Hint, it wasn't Denver!)

Where did baseballs Innocents play?

Where did baseballs Orphans play?

I like some of the old team names, they can really be fascinating......

:D

1. What city that currently has a team in one of the major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) has gone the longest since its last championship?

2. What is the last year a city/region won two titles in the same year. (and for this purpose, a Super Bowl win counts for the year in which the season is played, thus 2009 for Pittsburgh would not count, as it was the 2008 season in which the Steelers won the title)

4. If the Angels and Dodgers make the World Series, it would be the first all LA area WS. Except for the New York area, where it has happened many times, name the other cities/metro areas that have hosted an "All City/metro area" World Series. Try to give the citie, year, and teams.

5. How many times has a team from New York won the World Series? Give the teams and number of titles for each if possible.

6. Name the 6 teams that have "waited longer" than the Browns to win an NFL title. (i.e. they had to have been in existance before 1964)

9. Which current NFL head coach coaches in the same city in which he was born.

10. What do current Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels, current Atlanta Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff, former Chiefs HC John Mackovic and former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler all have specifically in common?

11. Give all the names that the Angels have officially gone by at one time or another.

A. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Blue Jays?

B. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Orioles?

C. Which current MLB playoff team was once known as the Robins?

1. Memphis?

4. Oakland and SF. i think it was the year of the big earthquake.

12.B. Yankees were originally the Orioles

To LNC:

Question 1 is not right. Chicago had a title as recently as 2005 when the White Sox won (the question was about the city, not a specific team)

Q #4. The one's you name are correct, but the answer is not totally complete

Qs 5, 6, 11, 12 are all correct.

1. Memphis?

4. Oakland and SF. i think it was the year of the big earthquake.

12.B. Yankees were originally the Orioles

Memphis, no. They just became a "major league city' a few years ago when the Grizzlies moved there.

Your other partial answers are right

Here's a couple for you, Gipper.

Where did baseball's Broncos play? (Hint, it wasn't Denver!)

Where did baseballs Innocents play?

Where did baseballs Orphans play?

I like some of the old team names, they can really be fascinating......

:D

I believe the "Broncos" played in Cleveland....but I also think it was technically spelled "Bronchos".

I want to say that the Innocents were one of the Chicago teams.

And I believe the Orphan played in a town that no longer has a major league team, like Troy or something. Maybe not.

Memphis, no. They just became a "major league city' a few years ago when the Grizzlies moved there.

Your other partial answers are right

i think my answer is right (as you have asked it). Whatever answer you're looking for, i'll bet that Memphis is at least a tie. :)

i think my answer is right (as you have asked it). Whatever answer you're looking for, i'll bet that Memphis is at least a tie. :)

I don't think so. The question was "which major league city has gone the longest since it last championship". First, Memphis has never had a major league championship in the major sports, and secondly, as I said, it has not been that long since they became a major league city. Memphis only became "major league" when the Grizzlies moved there in 2001. Compare for instance, New Orleans, which became "major league' in 1967. (New Orleans is not the right answer).

Gipper, here is the question that i answered. Memphis currently has a team and hasn't had a championship (that i know of)- and that's a long time. i enjoy these quizzes, even though i know very few answers.

Archived