THE BROWNS BOARD

Tired of these free-agent signings...

Guest mz.

Guest Masters
Gee, those same things about the dolphins being ahead of us were said before....and then they had to blow everything up and start over. Let's see we were 10-6 last year...you think they will be 10-6 this year? Let me see them suceed two years in a row before you tell me how great they are..

same was said about SF. We were told they were doing better than the Browns in rebuilding too...and where are they now?

This "you can turn a team around in two years" thing is a MYTH. Any team that has done it was either A) not as bad as it seemed the year before. or B) got lucky.

I grant you. for after 4 years to nt be farther than we are is concerning. But Miami IS NOT that far ahead of us. One injury to a creaky pennington, and they are in trouble.

No doubt JADBF, no doubt.

Plus, it's a Parcel's team. He did the same thing in DAL in year one (yes folks, Jerry Jones did listen to him the first couple of years). Their coach is a Parcels type guy. They are getting the most out of people.

At the end of the day, MIA is giving up 1 less point per game than CLE (w/ "a weaker schedule"). Not to mention, how do you not do better than a 1 win season. You put Parcel's and Spags in CLE, I would be willing to wager CLE's record is a lot better.

I think savage has done a decent job as far as providing talent to the browns but its the coaching staff that has failed this team in an unacceptable manner i would have been more impressed with savage if he had fired RAC and his crew of lazy slobs at the bye week...

The team really doesnt need a complete overhaul it just needs a real coaching staff to provide a few adjustments to a few players bad attitudes thats all...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aloysius

An anonymous NFL scout confirms what Flugel & others have been saying about drafting d-linemen for the 3-4.

“Look what Bill Parcells did in Dallas and Miami. Look at all the picks he spent on the defensive line. He stocked up on five-techniques — he drafted Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher (in Dallas). They brought in Jason Ferguson. He goes to Miami and drafts Phillip Merling, Kendall Langford and brought Ferguson with him again. You think that position might be important?”

Then again, Savage's mistake was listening to Crennel when he said the Browns should go OLB over DE-NT in '06.

Then again, Savage's mistake was listening to Crennel when he said the Browns should go OLB over DE-NT in '06.

To be honest, I'm fine with Wimbley over Ngata or Bunkley.

He has talent, but needs coaching.

Archived