THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson is going to rip the Steelers a new A-hole

Guest CardDawg

Guest CardDawg

This is the game guys, This is where Derek Anderson steps up and has a monster game against the Steelers. Everyone has a big game this week, this team is focused and either each starter is playing very solid or has something to prove and the boys are hungry and not just here to go through the motions anymore. Those that left were the Poster Boy's of the 'me' attitude (well, all except Queeen, but I think he just drives the media golf cart during practice these days).

I'm starting to get really up for this game!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 88fingerslewy
It's very concerning having two rookie WRs and a 3rd who's only been on the team 10 days. Plus having a TE with a dislocated finger.

However I have guarded optimism for this game. It screams let down game from the Steelers. I even picked up MoMass for my fantasy team.

Don't be guarded Lum's let it all hang out. Maybe this will be a NYG monday night kind of game. Dislocated finger? Who Royal? I missed something.

Don't be guarded Lum's let it all hang out. Maybe this will be a NYG monday night kind of game. Dislocated finger? Who Royal? I missed something.

Yeah, Royal has been playing with a dislocated finger. I think we get Furrey and Robiskie involved in the underneath stuff early so the Steelers back off from blitzing and then we"ll take some shots downfield. We can take these guys. Plus, mix in both backs inside and outside ... I didn't hate Dabol's gameplan last week ... we are setting up the offense nicely, we just need to connect when there is a play there (Royal drop, etc).

Zombo

For once in my life im going to be realistic, Derek wont do anything but throw picks, have a horrible completion rate, and maybe a touchdown or 2. We might win the game, but it wont have anything to do with DA

We've all seen what DA can do when the offense clicks. The more time he gets with these young guys in the #1 offense, the better. I feel better with young, healthy, athletic and hungry receivers out there than I did with Braylon and the guys we had playing last year. I think this thing starts clicking sooner than you think.

Zombo

For once in my life im going to be realistic, Derek wont do anything but throw picks, have a horrible completion rate, and maybe a touchdown or 2. We might win the game, but it wont have anything to do with DA

If Anderson throws a TD or 2 and the Browns win then he'll have had a lot to do with that W. Like it or not.

You Quinn fans can suck a fat one.

And don't forget the Browns defense is pretty damn good. Wanna bet Rex Ryan's jets hold the Bills to just 3 points?

This is the game guys, This is where Derek Anderson steps up and has a monster game against the Steelers. Everyone has a big game this week, this team is focused and either each starter is playing very solid or has something to prove and the boys are hungry and not just here to go through the motions anymore. Those that left were the Poster Boy's of the 'me' attitude (well, all except Queeen, but I think he just drives the media golf cart during practice these days).

I'm starting to get really up for this game!

I'm starting to feel the exact same way ... let's face it, Pittsburgh is going to key on stopping the run. They are going to bait DA to beat them ... and ohhhhhh, will he.

I thought you left

No way anyone can easily walk away from something they put such a large investment in. Regardless we're all glad to see Stan back.

As for the thread, I have no idea how you guys can keep retaining such optimism. Its like you guys are forgetting our team sucks. I don't want to rain on your guys premature parade, so I'll mostly be keeping my thoughts to myself, but I am expecting us to look pretty much like we did last week, only this time we're facing a good team that can stop the run.

Anyone want to bet on the number of Robert Royal drops? :lol:

I thought you left

Have you been to some of these other forums? (chirp .... chirp ..... (cricket) .... chirp .... (wind) ...... dog bark in distant .... ).

These new owners have some good ideas and some great connections. They are bringing in some ex-players to post and hold a chat. Actually I told them to hold off for the time being because we have a lot of assholes around here looking to grind an axe ... and wouldn't believe it would actually be the real Tim Monoa, or Thane Gash or guys like that and would just ask them stupid shit anyhow.

Regardless of the big names, I'm just glad I can talk football without fielding all the bullshit.

Regardless of the big names, I'm just glad I can talk football without fielding all the bullshit.

*thanks*

welcome back. this probably feels like a rolling stones farewell tour. you left and then two minutes later you were back. glad to see you came to your senses. i love you.

No way anyone can easily walk away from something they put such a large investment in. Regardless we're all glad to see Stan back.

As for the thread, I have no idea how you guys can keep retaining such optimism. Its like you guys are forgetting our team sucks. I don't want to rain on your guys premature parade, so I'll mostly be keeping my thoughts to myself, but I am expecting us to look pretty much like we did last week, only this time we're facing a good team that can stop the run.

Anyone want to bet on the number of Robert Royal drops? :lol:

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting back to talking some hard core football around here.

As far as the optimism ... I have no clue where it comes from, it starts inside of me like a constipated fart on Sunday nights and by time Thursday comes around I'm shitting rainbows.

Pat Kirwan on Movin the Chains yesterday said he's a big Anderson fan. He said don't read into the 2-17 stat, and that Anderson could turn around and go for 250 next game.

I'm with him, because if Anderson is consistent at anything its at being inconsistent.

*thanks*

welcome back. this probably feels like a rolling stones farewell tour. you left and then two minutes later you were back. glad to see you came to your senses. i love you.

I love you too man .... is it me (probably, big weight off my shoulders) or does it feel different around here?

Hey, what happen to the thanks button? j/k .. haha

I love you too man .... is it me (probably, big weight off my shoulders) or does it feel different around here?

Hey, what happen to the thanks button? j/k .. haha

IMO Not really.... Everyone's a little on guard after the shit storm that happened.... but it will return to normal eventually. Depending on your perspective, that might not be a good thing, though.

IMO Not really.... Everyone's a little on guard after the shit storm that happened.... but it will return to normal eventually. Depending on your perspective, that might not be a good thing, though.

I guess I missed something...what's different?

Watching the Detroit game, the Steelers are definitely soft over the middle in the passing game. They also seem suspect to a good screen with their blitzing.

Seriously, if Culpepper doesn't throw a Retarded interception, and their kicker makes a FG, Detroit would have been in position to win in the closing seconds Vs. Pittspuke.

Watching the Detroit game, the Steelers are definitely soft over the middle in the passing game. They also seem suspect to a good screen with their blitzing.

Seriously, if Culpepper doesn't throw a Retarded interception, and their kicker makes a FG, Detroit would have been in position to win in the closing seconds Vs. Pittspuke.

And if Limas Sweed and Santonio Holmes catch the passes that were right in their hands in the End Zone, the Steelers are 5-0.

The sad part is how you are desperately trying to stretch to make yourself believe you have a chance to beat a team you haven't beaten in the last 11 times you've played....and this might be the worst team you have put on the field in that whole stretch.

Ballpeen, Not much is different - the thread title contains "A-hole" so people are still trying to talk

politics on this board. :D

I predict Anderson will have a great game, until a Steeler sacks him and there's a pile up, and one of the Steelers

sprays mace in his eyes to take him out of the game,

and Quinn will come in and kick Steeler butt too,

until Girlieman Troy Pollybooboo sneaks into the game and pokes Quinn in the eyes with his hair.

Then Ratcliff comes in, and still kicks their stupid bumble bee unis' butts by driving the Browns downfield, 1 TD and going for two:

BROWNS 51 STEELERS 0

Well, it DID happen once, ya know. If yer going to dream, dream big.

\

QUOTE (PlaygroundLegend @ Oct 16 2009, 11:35 AM) *

For once in my life im going to be realistic, Derek wont do anything but throw picks, have a horrible completion rate, and maybe a touchdown or 2. We might win the game, but it wont have anything to do with DAIf Anderson throws a TD or 2 and the Browns win then he'll have had a lot to do with that W. Like it or not.

END QUOTE

You Quinn fans can suck a fat one.

And don't forget the Browns defense is pretty damn good. Wanna bet Rex Ryan's jets hold the Bills to just 3 points?

Where did he even say Quinn's name a single time?

Archived