THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson is going to rip the Steelers a new A-hole

Guest CardDawg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Goodbye
FYI Anderson has played the Steelers 4 times and has 3 total picks in those games, 1 by Polamalu.

Except it's 4 picks in 4 games, not 3.

1 in 2006

1 in 2007

2 in 2008

But whose counting :unsure:

The Steelers have been in a bit of a rut and are probably looking at this game as a "must win" in order to get back on track.

Everyone that says win after we eeked one out on the Bills, pass that shit this way I want a hit.

No way we walk away with a W short of a total implosion by Pit.

Just can't let it go can ya?

poor bastard.

we're his facts incorrect?

other than that I saw nothing wrong with that post. He was correcting statistics used to make an arguement.

I personally believe this game is tailor made for DA to do well.

Everyone outside of cleveland expects him to do terribly. Hell half of cleveland expects it. I think this is one of those "cinci" type games for DA.

we're his facts incorrect?

other than that I saw nothing wrong with that post. He was correcting statistics used to make an arguement.

I personally believe this game is tailor made for DA to do well.

Everyone outside of cleveland expects him to do terribly. Hell half of cleveland expects it. I think this is one of those "cinci" type games for DA.

I have no idea if his stats were correct, it really doesn't matter to me as I'm looking ahead. I just found it odd that a Browns fan would come to the defense of a Steeler fan.

I know the temptation and hate are high and irresistible, but My God, take it to the secret Brady Board, it is so unwanted here.

I have no idea if his stats were correct, it really doesn't matter to me as I'm looking ahead. I just found it odd that a Browns fan would come to the defense of a Steeler fan.

I know the temptation and hate are high and irresistible, but My God, take it to the secret Brady Board, it is so unwanted here.

Gotcha accuracy doesn't matter here.

So do you think it matters whether it's Mendehol or Parker running the ball for Pitt? Seems their run game is getting on track at the same time our run defense is getting better.

its a pressure game, dont' get your hopes up.

pressure = imploding DA

Really? what pressure? we're 14 1/2 point underdogs, no one expects us to win, and most expect DA to play badly.

The rivalry? Nah that kind of stuff doesn't pressure DA, he's pretty obtuse when it comes to things like that.

I expect him to have a really good game.

Gotcha accuracy doesn't matter here.

So do you think it matters whether it's Mendehol or Parker running the ball for Pitt? Seems their run game is getting on track at the same time our run defense is getting better.

In my book, Accuracy definately matters tremendously, unless your arguing with a Steeler Fem, then you just make up shit to suit your argument.

In regards to Menopause or Parker, I'm not sure. I think Menopause, because I smell some mistakes and two turn overs. I hope they don't soften us up with Menopause, then open us up like a vagina with Parker ... (slapping face) but I can't wait until Rogers just goes off on these poor bastards.

Hey, what to you think they do with the face mask they saw off of Ben Gay Ben's mug after we cripple him? Man, I'd like to have a pair of those for book-ends.

pressure of another division game, rivalry, the fact that hes played terrible every game this year. he'll be pressured to play better, because of that he'll take risks that he doesnt' have the accuracy or intelligence to make successfull. that means pick, and incompletes. and we're not going to be able to do anything this game by only running it up the middle like against buffalo. DA will be the one who has to step up and carry the team to a win. that fact alone is what will keep him from doing it. its an obvious pattern, you can trace it all the way back to 2007. ya, there have been some anomolies here and there, like the giants, but overall it holds true. whenever there is pressure on him he folds like a cheap suit.

Really? what pressure? we're 14 1/2 point underdogs, no one expects us to win, and most expect DA to play badly.

The rivalry? Nah that kind of stuff doesn't pressure DA, he's pretty obtuse when it comes to things like that.

I expect him to have a really good game.

Good game huh?

DA will realize he's being used and gladly lay a turd as long as the Browns pay him the big bucks.

Good game, maybe, i hope so, but other than hope and wanting theres nothing to indicate he's gonna get much better.

pressure of another division game, rivalry, the fact that hes played terrible every game this year. he'll be pressured to play better, because of that he'll take risks that he doesnt' have the accuracy or intelligence to make successfull. that means pick, and incompletes. and we're not going to be able to do anything this game by only running it up the middle like against buffalo. DA will be the one who has to step up and carry the team to a win. that fact alone is what will keep him from doing it. its an obvious pattern, you can trace it all the way back to 2007. ya, there have been some anomolies here and there, like the giants, but overall it holds true. whenever there is pressure on him he folds like a cheap suit.

I agree to a point

but look at the Giants game last year. No one expected him to play well. Just like now. I don't think you could find anyone but a few that say he's going to do well against Pittsburgh defense.

So yes he can go out there and gunsling and throw the ball around. And the Steelers DBs are just poor enough for him to do that to. and Pollywantsahaircut is still slightly gimpy and won't be himself.

I bet you DA has a good game and I bet mangini expects him to also. And if he doesn't have a good game. I bet mangini like me will have to start to rethink his decisions.

I think the browns need to break some habits this week. I remember watching KWII getting creamed as the receiver on a hot route that the steelers had scouted. I expect them to take a couple of chances this week, if da has time to use a pump fake he could hit some big plays.

One thing I don't expect to happen is seeing the browns physically dominated again. The steelers will know they were in a football game when this ends. I hope they show up expecting a cake walk

lol Really ATE? Im glad other were able to point out this gem...

I understand your views and concerns. Noted.

Had the Browns drafted Quinn at #3, they would have paid $20+mil more for him. Even if they pick in the Top-10 next year and needed a QB, they would have paid $20+mil more for one.

In the scenario that they landed him, they will save $20+mil and have a QB to groom for an entire season before we get to your gloom-n-doom draft.

I know that you like to discount Offensive Linemen as nobodys. However, ever see a bar fight between two 300lb'ers? The agile one makes mince meat out of the nobody, and the longer the fight last the worst the beating in the end will be. Keep that in mind.

You've also made many references to the Safety position being a dime-a-dozen and I have always disagreed with you on that too. Let's just agree to disagree.

On last note on Joe Thomas, I seen on the News last night that he has only committed 3 penalties in something like 2,736 snaps. I know that you are a big Penalty guy (see critism on Wimbley), thought you might enjoy that stat.

Quinn is much better than Couch, with many, many more years of real NFL-style offense under his belt, a stronger arm and more elusive ... plus will probably prove to be $40-mil less expensive. You gave Couch an endorsement and a year to prove you wrong, give the same to Quinn. I am, and I wasn't any Quinn supporter by any means during talk about using a #3 overall on him.

Quinn & JT are water under the bridge ... they are on-board, let it ride out ... now tell me about Eric Wright ... WTF did we see in him?

you sure are a great evaluator of talent, Joe Thomas turned out great, so that pick was solid ate, you support Quinn here....

but then you ask what they saw in Wright? He hasnt caused any trouble and alot of people think high of him (I dont) but I think you believe he's a pretty solid corner.

All Im saying is that all of our judgements can be waaay off, I could be wrong, Quinn could truely suck, DA could be great. I wish there was a way we all could be coaches for a day to see if we could truely hack it.

I'd beat the steelqueers though im sure, and if DA doesnt... again, that will be one more slash against him

One thing I don't expect to happen is seeing the browns physically dominated again. The steelers will know they were in a football game when this ends. I hope they show up expecting a cake walk

I agree, this team is very physical. Nobody knows it.

All anybody is talking about is "2 for 17" and "ugliest win ever".

I like it that way.

lol Really ATE? Im glad other were able to point out this gem...

you sure are a great evaluator of talent, Joe Thomas turned out great, so that pick was solid ate, you support Quinn here....

but then you ask what they saw in Wright? He hasnt caused any trouble and alot of people think high of him (I dont) but I think you believe he's a pretty solid corner.

All Im saying is that all of our judgements can be waaay off, I could be wrong, Quinn could truely suck, DA could be great. I wish there was a way we all could be coaches for a day to see if we could truely hack it.

I'd beat the steelqueers though im sure, and if DA doesnt... again, that will be one more slash against him

LOL, WTF was all of that? Were those old quotes from me or what?

I said Quinn was better than Couch? How does Couch measure up to me, good or bad? Where are my quotes from 1997 on Couch? That may tell us how much worth this endorsement is.

I diss'ed Joe Thomas? News to me.

I diss'ed Eric Wright? Other than maybe I thought they reached and could have had him later ... hey, can you go back and tell me how I felt about Julie Brown in the 8th grade?

3-1*

*Really 3-0-1 with a missed call. :/

Amen...Cincy was wide right.

Browns have a ways to go, but the upset win this week will get them around the corner faster than we thought.

LOL, WTF was all of that? Were those old quotes from me or what?

I said Quinn was better than Couch? How does Couch measure up to me, good or bad? Where are my quotes from 1997 on Couch? That may tell us how much worth this endorsement is.

I diss'ed Joe Thomas? News to me.

I diss'ed Eric Wright? Other than maybe I thought they reached and could have had him later ... hey, can you go back and tell me how I felt about Julie Brown in the 8th grade?

I diddnt say you dissed thomas, I said that was a good pick, I was complimenting you, Im just pointing out that you 180'd on Quinn, even talking about his "strong arm", and that you also dissed eric wright.

Im just pointing out that we all make some bad judgement calls once in a while

whether it be predicting steelers vs. browns

or BQ vs. DA

I diddnt say you dissed thomas, I said that was a good pick, I was complimenting you, Im just pointing out that you 180'd on Quinn, even talking about his "strong arm", and that you also dissed eric wright.

Im just pointing out that we all make some bad judgement calls once in a while

whether it be predicting steelers vs. browns

or BQ vs. DA

Dude, believe me, I have made plenty of errors over the years here and proudly wear them on my shirt sleeve. Quinn don't crack the top-20, even if I pimped him at one time. I was excited about that draft, because we freaking did something on draft day to try to improve the team. Hated the kid with our first pick, but liked that we traded back into the first round for him.

I'm sure Zippy will be along soon to list as many of my blunders off the tip of his head ...

(I was dead on about Torry Holt, Ricky Williams, the Ditka Trade & Drew Brees though in 1998)

I agree, this team is very physical. Nobody knows it.

All anybody is talking about is "2 for 17" and "ugliest win ever".

I like it that way.

Me too.

Everyone of those sold-out coaches that laughed at us as studio hosts last week would have LOVED that win as a coach.

That was a coaches game. Any tiny thing goes wrong and you could lose field position, momentum, and the game.

The game was close from start to finsish, with each side trying not to give up the big play.

Our defense hit hard, swarmed, got after the passer, gang-tackled ... what more could you ask for?

Everyone is acting like we just out-stumbled the 76 Bucs or couldn't beat a college team. We just shut down Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Terrel Owens and Lee Evans for three hours without giving them a whiff of the end zone.

This team is playing VERY tough. Two weeks in a row. Tough Defense. Tough Special Teams. Tough Running Game ... If Anderson develops some timing with these young receivers and gets guys like Momass, Cribbs and Harrison in space .... we can be a good football team the rest of the year.

Yeah, I said it ... Good Team This Year.

I'm not sure where all the whiney pansies that cared more about "thanks buttons" and "QB ratings" than tough-ass wins went to, but it's been kind of nice around here the past couple days ... we're talking football like adults during Steeler week.

This is the toughest Browns team the Steelers have faced since Belichick.

Zombo

(I was dead on about Torry Holt, Ricky Williams, the Ditka Trade & Drew Brees though in 1998)

I'm "dead on" in my 21-20 Browns prediction this week, just wait. And for good measure, I have Berea over Olmsted Falls tonight as well...upset weekend, here we come.

I went back and read that whole (old) quote (by me). And I stand 100% behind EVERYTHING I said there. BTW< I wasn't diss'ing Eeric WRight, he was a nobody to me. I was asking Rich to shed some light on him, because I believe he was pimping him and I wanted to know "what we saw in him" ... I'm a DB Homo, I was excited we felt highly about a CB and wanted to know more.

BTW, saying someone has a stronger arm than Tim Couch, is like saying that the piece of gum you use to get in the package of trading cards was much better than a single chicklet.

I'm "dead on" in my 21-20 Browns prediction this week, just wait. And for good measure, I have Berea over Olmsted Falls tonight as well...upset weekend, here we come.

LOL, I'm heading out to Mentor to watch my Mentor Cardinals send 7-0 Maple Hts home crying (again).

In my book, Accuracy definately matters tremendously, unless your arguing with a Steeler Fem, then you just make up shit to suit your argument.

In regards to Menopause or Parker, I'm not sure. I think Menopause, because I smell some mistakes and two turn overs. I hope they don't soften us up with Menopause, then open us up like a vagina with Parker ... (slapping face) but I can't wait until Rogers just goes off on these poor bastards.

Hey, what to you think they do with the face mask they saw off of Ben Gay Ben's mug after we cripple him? Man, I'd like to have a pair of those for book-ends.

woops sorry I must have missed this one with how hopping this place is lately.

I think I'd rather see parker. mendenhal stretches the edge a little more than I'd like.

Me too.

Everyone of those sold-out coaches that laughed at us as studio hosts last week would have LOVED that win as a coach.

That was a coaches game. Any tiny thing goes wrong and you could lose field position, momentum, and the game.

The game was close from start to finsish, with each side trying not to give up the big play.

Our defense hit hard, swarmed, got after the passer, gang-tackled ... what more could you ask for?

Everyone is acting like we just out-stumbled the 76 Bucs or couldn't beat a college team. We just shut down Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Terrel Owens and Lee Evans for three hours without giving them a whiff of the end zone.

This team is playing VERY tough. Two weeks in a row. Tough Defense. Tough Special Teams. Tough Running Game ... If Anderson develops some timing with these young receivers and gets guys like Momass, Cribbs and Harrison in space .... we can be a good football team the rest of the year.

Yeah, I said it ... Good Team This Year.

I'm not sure where all the whiney pansies that cared more about "thanks buttons" and "QB ratings" than tough-ass wins went to, but it's been kind of nice around here the past couple days ... we're talking football like adults during Steeler week.

This is the toughest Browns team the Steelers have faced since Belichick.

Zombo

I agree I think Mangini would love to see Anderson develop some timing with these recievers and actually expects it to start this week. but if Anderson fails to do that, I have no fear that Mangini will make the right decisions to help this team win. even if it means looking silly by changing QBS again.

Archived