THE BROWNS BOARD

This Friday's Musings

The Gipper

Gentlemen and Gentleladies, here are my weekly observations:

1. It is Steeler week. F**K Pittsburgh! Now, part of the problem here is a bit of envy. The Steeler's organization operates the way we all probably believe/wish the Browns organization should operate: Steady, intelligent personell selection. Stable...interested ownership that carries out a consistent philosophy. The fact is, the Steelers have been operating now for 35 years or so on a formula the Browns essentially invented and carried out in the 40s, 50s, and 60s: Solid, rock hard defenses (the "Steel Curtain defenses essentially mirrored the Browns dynasty defenses). A supreme running game. Solid, steady, competent quarterbacking. Somewhere in the bowels of Art Modell's peabrain, the Browns lost all that and it was acquired by Dan Rooney and the Steelers. F**k them anyway.

2. F**k frontrunningasskissing Steeler fans. I do not mean the good people of Western PA who have every right to be supportive of and proud of their team. I am talking about the assholes who live around here in NE Ohio who jump on a rivals winning bandwagon because they were raised by ignorant people who did not teach them the meaning of loyalty. My family's ancient family crest had a motto on it: Recte et Fideliter meaning Just and faithful. These FRAK's don't know the meaning of that motto.

3. ZOMBIELAND is a hell of a good, funny movie if you haven't seen it. Odd, yes, for this sort of film.

I would like to see happen to some of the FRAKs from the above rant be treated the way Woody Harrelson treated the zombies in this flick.

4. Speaking of solid, steady, competent quarterbacking, Terrelle Pryor does NOT fit that description. This guy needs to get his act together in my opinion. There is talk that he may want to jump to the NFL after he junior year. What NFL team in his right mind would use more than a low round draft pick on this guy right now?

5. Oddly enough, I would like to see a Dodgers/Angels World Series. I am not a big fan of either team, I just think the "Freeway Series" would be more interesting than any other matchup.

6. Last week I touted author Tom Clancy. This week I will say simply that while I still like his stories, he has a tendency to throw in some boneheaded, ignorant, gratuitous, needless, political comments into his books. E.g. He, appropriatley chastised the Soviet Union for attempting to assassinate Pope John Paul II; yet he was praised the Eisenhower administration and the CIA then for how well they carried out the political assassinations of foreign leaders, while chastising the Kennedy Administration for not being successful at the one attempted assassination of another country's leader that occured during that term, not even thinking about the fact that it was the same CIA that "did things right" under Ike that f**ked up the attempt on Castro...like that was JFKs fault. He apparently has no problem with political murder as long as it is someone he supports (read: a Republican US administration) doing the murdering. Boneheaded.

7. OK, lucky number 7 Hottie of the week. I couldn't make up my mind this time around, so I will give you all a choice: either Oscar winner Marisa Tomei (of My Cousin Vinny fame), or Marg Helgenberger of CSI. Give your vote. I will try to get you some samplings of each lady's "attributes" if I can find any. You are welcome to assist me in this effort.

this is real facebook dialoge from some of my freinds. effing band wagons. i have changed the names for identity purposes.

Nathan Matu And oh yeah...HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! (boom, boom) HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!September 10 at 11:41am · Comment · Like / Unlike · View Feedback (12)Hide Feedback (12)2 people like this.

William RobeNo wonder people don't like Steeler Fans!!

September 10 at 1:49pmNathan Matusiak you're a real class act, Ya know it? Why all the hate Billy? What did I ever do to you?

September 10 at 2:13pmWilliam Rober No hate here.

September 10 at 2:27pmRyan Cunni perfect example of why i hate em! GO BROWNS!!!!

September 10 at 2:48pmNathan MatuOh Ryan, Like you, that statement is too easy!

September 10 at 3:23pmRyan Cunni Do you think Big Gay Ben will roll up in a molester van tonight?

September 10 at 3:54pmWilliam Rober He will if you are going to be there Ryan.

September 10 at 4:20pmThomas Hartl You cheared for the Bills in High School

September 11 at 10:14pmNathan Matus I married into the steelers.

September 11 at 10:59pmRyan Cunni u band wagon front rowing fan

September 12 at 1:06pm

Write a comment...

Married into it. you can marry into money you can marry into the mob. AS A MAN YOU DONT CHANGE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM WHEN YOUR 23 YEARS CAUSE THE WIFE LIKES THEM. That is obsurd. he is now queer in my book and shal be kicked in the nuts.

this is real facebook dialoge from some of my freinds. effing band wagons. i have changed the names for identity purposes.

Nathan Matu And oh yeah...HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! (boom, boom) HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!September 10 at 11:41am · Comment · Like / Unlike · View Feedback (12)Hide Feedback (12)2 people like this.

September 10 at 1:49pmNathan Matusiak you're a real class act, Ya know it? Why all the hate Billy? What did I ever do to you?

September 10 at 2:27pmRyan Cunni perfect example of why i hate em! GO BROWNS!!!!

September 10 at 3:23pmRyan Cunni Do you think Big Gay Ben will roll up in a molester van tonight?

Write a comment...

Married into it. you can marry into money you can marry into the mob. AS A MAN YOU DONT CHANGE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM WHEN YOUR 23 YEARS CAUSE THE WIFE LIKES THEM. That is obsurd. he is now queer in my book and shal be kicked in the nuts.

Thats good stuff!!!

Write a comment...

Actually, kicking him in the nuts would do no good because clearly the guy has no balls.

Archived