THE BROWNS BOARD

we need a vet reciver

medicineman

We need a vet reciver. With the Braylon trade, did that free up any $$ to get a vet reciver maybe like Marvin Harrison! Nobody seems to worry that we have no expiernced reciver. ( please forgive my spelling Im on a lap top and doing 5 things at once)

I think we are going with the rooks to gain them experience. Should have at least retained Joe J to help mentor the boys. He's be perfect for Robiskie

If we could get Chris Carter as a WR Coach that would be something I would be interested in having the browns do. he does run a camp in Florida where he trains college and pro WR's.

Hey if we can BK involved into football operations of this team then why not go after some more old pro's.

Carter is a head case.. Who needs an assistant prima donna.. more distractions.. We have a coach now... Let's see how good he is with these rookies.. I have not seen enough yet to really make a judgement..especially with Braylon mixing up the whole deal now that he's gone.. Let's see how they look by years end. There are going to be a lot of growing pains this year in a lot of positions. I think our secondary looks VERY promising.

There's a rumor that the ratbirds would trade a third and a fifth to the Chiefs for their wr, Bowe.

Say, that's the picks we got from the Edwards trade.

Nah, wait til Robiskie hits the field and starts catching passes vs the Steelers.

If I was a little more certain, I'd play him in ff...

I think we really need an established "field stretcher" to keep defenses honest. I also believe we have some really nice young prospects, but they need time to develop & an on field leader in the WR position would certainly help. Joe J was just injured & off the field too much, but Marvin Harrison could be interesting.

Mike

I think we really need an established "field stretcher" to keep defenses honest. I also believe we have some really nice young prospects, but they need time to develop & an on field leader in the WR position would certainly help. Joe J was just injured & off the field too much, but Marvin Harrison could be interesting.

Mike

Harrison has lost "it" and he never was a team guy OR any kind of mentor.. he would NOT be a good addition. Nor would he come here..

Harrison has lost "it" and he never was a team guy OR any kind of mentor.. he would NOT be a good addition. Nor would he come here..

I agree....he wants way too much money for a guy who is more than just a tad over the hill. And even if he was a good guy or a "mentor", he isn't going to finish out his career playing in Cleveland.

We need a vet reciver. With the Braylon trade, did that free up any $$ to get a vet reciver maybe like Marvin Harrison! Nobody seems to worry that we have no expiernced reciver. ( please forgive my spelling Im on a lap top and doing 5 things at once)

...and an O lineman, D lineman, MLBs, OLBs, DBs, RBs, Safeties, and oh yeah a QB.

I STILL wonder why not Marvin Harrison as a 10 game stop gap? He's prolly interested in showing peole he can STILL be a #1 on a team that doesn't have Reggie Wayne. We could benefit him every bit as much as he could benefit us.

Another guy that needs a job and might want to show people he is clean is Matt Jones.

The thing about signing Jones or Harrison is they do NOT belong to anyone so we don't LOSE anyone or any picks to get them

Just sayin...

- Tom F.

Hey Tom.....I don't want to talk veteran receiver because I don't think we really need one...Flurry is a vet....just go with the youngbloods at this point and make them vets by next season.

I don't see you in the college forum.....how are the Vandy tickets working out?? I know Ga just came in....stick with it man...college football is a great game and the SEC is on average as good as it gets....you are going to see a lot of NFL HOF'ers if you stick with it long enough.

Something about college football...it has some of the purity of HS football and some of the "big time" the NFL brings....it's great...a perfect balance between what was and what is.

I'm wondering when we're going to get a TE ?

When Royal got hurt Sunday that left us with :blink: ? Greg ...err Enc.. whatshisname?

Last time I checked a TE was kind of important to a passing attack,and kind of a mandatory

position in the AFCN

Royal has a severe case of concrete hands, and the 100 mph fastballs don't appear to be the cure

Hieden's hurt,has been all year,so I'm wondering,do we really need 9 Special Teams studs on one team?

I get that their cap friendly ,but christ we got a ST Superstar return man,a specialty snapper,and about a half dozen really good

ST players all on this roster

Yet Sunday we had only 2 healthy TEs and 2 RBs.

Obviously Mangini wants to perfect one aspect of this team before he moves on to the next area,and ST is probably the easiest

place to start BUT damn would it be nice to think we could score a touchdown once in a while,other than on ST

Hey Tom.....I don't want to talk veteran receiver because I don't think we really need one...Flurry is a vet....just go with the youngbloods at this point and make them vets by next season.

I don't see you in the college forum.....how are the Vandy tickets working out?? I know Ga just came in....stick with it man...college football is a great game and the SEC is on average as good as it gets....you are going to see a lot of NFL HOF'ers if you stick with it long enough.

Something about college football...it has some of the purity of HS football and some of the "big time" the NFL brings....it's great...a perfect balance between what was and what is.

You're probably not alone in your thinking Ballpeen. Here's where I'm coming from: Furrey has been somewhat of a disappointment since the preseason ended so I'd like to see someone that can help our younger guys out. The best game MoMass played was when we had an experienced #1 WR Cincy had to roll all their coverages to. It allowed MoMass to be successful without putting too much pressure on him. Even though Braylon lost his art - Cincy had some history behind the reality they needed to cover him with enough attention. Last time they didn't, we were witnessing a DA that everyone cheered in 2007.

I still think we should see MORE Robiskie and alot of MoMass regardless of whether we would sign Harrison or Jones. Doubt we will sign either - I just think this group would benefit from an experienced guy with talent that could take some of the pressure off. Wallace of the Steelers (rookie from Ole Miss) seems to be enjoying life as a rookie when all the attention goes to Ward and Holmes. It's nice when a rookie only has to face a 2nd best or 3rd best corner instead of the #1 with help from a Safety. Last but not least, I was dreaming about what hands like Harrison could do to set an example here for this seemingly forgotten art in our passing game.

I'm enjoying the Vandy season tickets. Inspite of all their offensive struggles - they play some really good D. I'll try to get over to the college board later this week and get into the discussions.

- Tom F.

I understand your point, and it is sound.

At this point, I think it is better to get the young guys out there to see if they can fill the role. If it works out both are more a #2, then we have something to work on this off season..find that FA player with about 5 years left.

I honestly think the struggles with the O rest with the O-line. We haven't had a game yet where the backs really had much chance to run and our QB hasn't generally been pestered at minimum to outright assaulted on nearly every play.

It may also be part scheme, but there isn't much we can discuss on that...it is what it is and we really don't know what was planned, we only see the execution.

Our left side is pretty good. Not much pressure comes from that side on passing plays and when we run well, it is usually left....our O-line makes nearly every team we play look like the Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, or People People Eater.

Until we get that fixed, it is going to be hard to get any flow in the way plays are called and any flow in the way the other players on the O play.

Next year, as it stands we have 11 picks. I hope at least 4 of them are offensive lineman. I say 4 because I go with a 50% flop factor....we have to find 2 who can play....that or we need to target EVERY decent lineman who hits FA.

One way or another, until we fix the line, we won't know how much of the other offensive players ability is wasted by inferior O line play.

Archived