THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns -vs- Green Bay Tailgate Party

ATENEARS

BROWNS vs- PACKERS

Sunday October 25th, 1:00pm Kick-off

Tailgate Party Kicks-off at 9:00am (meal served at 10:30am)

This should be a good one (but aren't they all), we have Furnier coming in from Arizona. I will be questionable, as I'm coming in from Las Vegas on the Redeye that morning, not landing until 6:10am, and we are considering heading home, shak out the bags, put all our money in a vault and heading downtown for the party.

If you are a first time vistor, visit the following web pages by clicking on the underlined words:

TAILGATE PARTY PAGE (http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm) - Provides all the following links, plus pictures of some pretty good looking dudes who pull this thing off, as well as photo's of past events.

TAILGATE Q&A Page (http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Party%20QA.html) - Pretty much answers all your questions, and is a good read.

TAILGATE MAP (http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Site.htm) - From GPS coordinates, to Satelite images, as close of an address as we can get to a parking space, etc ... many have used these pages to find us.

It is a BYOB type of party, but if you are staying downtown and traveling in by foot or train and would be more comfortable having us provide your beverage for you, just advise and we will accomodate with cooler/ice and all.

IMPORTANT

If you are planning to come, please post the number of people in your party. For Large Groups we really need a firm committement as we prepare food based on the count and leftovers are given to the homeless or tossed out.

Please post below if you can make-it. We will pull this post back up near the top early during the week the week of the party.

I am very psyched for this Tailgate and game. My first of both since opening day of 2007 (Chuck Frye's last hurrah!) Also, I'll be there with my son Vince who almost lost his life 11 years ago and the originating members of this board rallied around him and my family and got the Browns to contribute some cool stuff to him as well as bought him a kickass Jersey that he (and I on occasion) wore for YEARS!. Neither he nor I have ever or WILL ever forget that kindness! I hope to make it back at least once a season from here on out. I figure if the English guys can do it....then so can I!

Doug

I am very psyched for this Tailgate and game. My first of both since opening day of 2007 (Chuck Frye's last hurrah!) Also, I'll be there with my son Vince who almost lost his life 11 years ago and the originating members of this board rallied around him and my family and got the Browns to contribute some cool stuff to him as well as bought him a kickass Jersey that he (and I on occasion) wore for YEARS!. Neither he nor I have ever or WILL ever forget that kindness! I hope to make it back at least once a season from here on out. I figure if the English guys can do it....then so can I!

Doug

I remember that like it was yesteday, so glad Vince is still with us.

Ed,

I forwarded you an e-mail that was sent only to me, of 11 Canadians coming in for this Tailgate.

Also, I'm sure you saw the one of the other group of Canadians (6-or-7) who are returning for this game that were at last years Ravens game. they sent pictures too, so we will get them up on the page soon.

Don't forget about that group of 30, (half of which are Packer fans) describing themselves as, "fun-loving, friendly and gracious bunch who have been known to break out in Packer chants and Wisconsin polka dances." I agree with your reply, they sound like a good time.

Damn that is at least 54 that I can think of off the top of my head ... how many other e-mails did I miss. I was really planning on coming until Furnier committed.

I'll be there ... someone has to help you. :wub:

All, i'm having PC difficulties and may not be able to get caught up on emails until Monday or Tuesday. Stan, good news about our Canadien friends, and i am aware of the group of 30 from Wisconsin. It's great to hear that Doug will be here. Also, my son is driving in from Milwaukee for the game.

All, i'm having PC difficulties and may not be able to get caught up on emails until Monday or Tuesday. Stan, good news about our Canadien friends, and i am aware of the group of 30 from Wisconsin. It's great to hear that Doug will be here. Also, my son is driving in from Milwaukee for the game.

Well, I save them all, just wasn't following them so close this game since I was in limbo about attending.

Hey Guys...looking forward to our annual trip to see the Browns! There will be 6 (possible 7-but will confirm) of us coming from Toronto again this year (we joined you for the Ravens last year). One of the guys, Mike, and I were in Buffalo for the win last week.

I'll be in touch this week with confirmed numbers and let you know if you can help us out by getting some beer on ice!

As Stan outlined, I sent a few pics from last year (I'll bring a CD of more with us next week).

Thanks Again and look forward to catching up!

Cheers,

Anthony

I figure if the English guys can do it....then so can I!

Doug

Damn right Furns. It's just a pity we didnt match up on this one, we could have if it wasn't for me making the mistake of getting married during the football season 13 years ago this Sunday!

Next year!

Have a blast and be sure to post the photos.

Howie.

One of our visitors from Nevada has extra tickets for sale. You can reserve them now and pick them up and pay for them at the Tailgate Party. They are only trying to recoup what they paid for them:

Two in section 346, row 36, seats 11 & 12 -- $50 each SOLD

Two in section 536, row 13 , seats 22 & 23 -- $60 each

Two in section 121, row 3 seats 7 & 8 -- $100 each (Dawg Pound, 3rd Row!)

EDIT: We also have an extra Hotel room reserved at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown, if anyone is interested we can have it transfered over to you. Not sure what the cost is on it.

If you want them, please advise at stan@createns.com

Ed, I might have to work, I wont know for sure till latter this week. If you can use the ticket go ahead I dont want to wait till the last minute

Now i don't feel as bad....what's a tailgate without the Sperkmeister??

Glad to bring the Heatwave with me! I just hope it doesn't rain. I'll have my camera in hand and plan on taking plenty of pics....although depending on Internet access you may not see any of them until the following weekend when I get back to Az.

Doug

As it works out, I will be able to join you this go....Someone who said they wanted the seat isn't able to go so I will lug my son up one last time before he starts a job in New Jersey, so count me in for 2 people....I am a early bird if you haven't figured that out.

Things usually work out for the best....and for me, this is the best.

I really, really hope its not too late to join this party. Myself, my father and my friend are coming to the game from just outside Toronto and are hoping to join. We promise to bring some Canadian beer to share. One catch though, we are Packers fans.........

Please let me know if we can join your tailgate.

If this is Luke, we've got ya. Peen, looking forward to seeing you again.

If this is Luke, we've got ya. Peen, looking forward to seeing you again.

I will bring a bottle of Vodka and a couple of bottles of bloody mix...I trust there will be some clean ice and some cups.

I guess the ice doesn't matter...I will leave the vodka and mix in the trunk overnight..I am sure it will be cold enough ice won't be totally necessary.

See you Sunday

I will bring a bottle of Vodka and a couple of bottles of bloody mix...I trust there will be some clean ice and some cups.

I guess the ice doesn't matter...I will leave the vodka and mix in the trunk overnight..I am sure it will be cold enough ice won't be totally necessary.

See you Sunday

i'll bring your pitcher- don't buy a new one.

i'll bring your pitcher- don't buy a new one.

I was just going to set the bottle out and mix them for anyone who wants one..I won't need the pitcher. That way if you want a teenie weenie drink, it can be had. If you want one like I drink...we run out of vodka fast. :D

I was just going to set the bottle out and mix them for anyone who wants one..I won't need the pitcher. That way if you want a teenie weenie drink, it can be had. If you want one like I drink...we run out of vodka fast. :D

I don't usually do bloody marys. Ii also have a couple of your small absolute vodka bottles that I will bring.

I don't usually do bloody marys. Ii also have a couple of your small absolute vodka bottles that I will bring.

Hey guys, just a couple of questions... is there room for parking at the tailgate site? If so, can we leave our car there overnight? Is there a get together after the game? If not, can you guys suggest anywhere?

Looking forward to the festivities.

Luke

Oh and while we are on the topic of booze, we have a couple of cases of beer we are bringing down for the group.

Hey guys, just a couple of questions... is there room for parking at the tailgate site? If so, can we leave our car there overnight? Is there a get together after the game? If not, can you guys suggest anywhere?

Looking forward to the festivities.

Luke

Oh and while we are on the topic of booze, we have a couple of cases of beer we are bringing down for the group.

There is room for parking at our site and you will NOT want to leave your car there overnight.

See you Sunday

I'm a little nervous that you're talking about it being cold enough to leave drinks in the trunk overnight and ice won't be necessary already. WTF am I doing thinking about the December 6th game?? Good god I must be really stupid.

The warmest jacket I own is a golf windbreaker and even that doesn't have long sleeves.

Archived