THE BROWNS BOARD

What is Everyone doing for the Game

ATENEARS

For me, as with any away game, I like to park my rear on the couch in front of the 52"HD Plasma.

Pregame I pace the house and usually have a few cocktails beginning between 9:00-10:00am ... or as soon as I shower.

Get some food going in the kitchen, pace some more, another cocktail ... dress in my game day gear (whatever Browns shit I come across first, nothing fancy like a Raiders spiked suit or anything).

No one watches the game with me, since I'm such an asshole to sit by on game days (imagine that).

However, the wife wants to go to the bar and hook-up with some friends. Don't know if it is a good idea tomorow though as I'm sure several would just love to disrupt our game day chat that we provide here for many transplanted browns fans around the globe.

We'll see how the moring goes though ... In a nut shell, no real plans tomorrow, almost can't wait to wake up though and face that day.

GOD, please let us be competitive with a chance to win.

It's going to be interesting for me. I typically watch the games in the privacy of my own home, as a typical reaction to a loss for me is something that borderlines homicidal rage. But I recently had to cancel my cable (I'm a college student with no source of income at the moment, so costs had to be cut :( ), so I am going to the bar across the street. It will be a new experience watching the game around people I know. If we lose, may God have mercy on their souls. If they win, a round of drinks for everybody! At that point I won't care that I'm a broke ass!

Well, let me think. I'm gonna do what I usually do in this situation when it comes to Pittsburgh.

Make sure all of my breakables are out of danger. Line up my Steeler voodoo dolls. Make sure I have enough pins for sticking.

Make sure I am well stocked in the Keilbasa and perogie department. Potato and cheese are my favorite. Then smoke a kielbasa and remember the Ghoul. Who stole the Kishka?

Then take my pre Steelers Valum and try not to punt my cat accross the room. They have learned to leave the room. They're neurotic enough anyway.

Not thrilling but neither is the rest of my life.

Heidi

Well, let me think. I'm gonna do what I usually do in this situation when it comes to Pittsburgh.

Make sure all of my breakables are out of danger. Line up my Steeler voodoo dolls. Make sure I have enough pins for sticking.

Make sure I am well stocked in the Keilbasa and perogie department. Potato and cheese are my favorite. Then smoke a kielbasa and remember the Ghoul. Who stole the Kishka?

Then take my pre Steelers Valum and try not to punt my cat accross the room. They have learned to leave the room. They're neurotic enough anyway.

Not thrilling but neither is the rest of my life.

Heidi

You should strap some of your breakables to your cat, kill two birds with one stone. Or save one cat with two breakables, if you will.

Well, we had a great pot roast last week, but this week,

I'll just grill some hamburgers, and get some more onions out of the garden,

and some really great tasting sweet banana peppers called "anacondas" I think it was...

or, maybe I'll fry a skillet full of cabbage, peppers and Jimmy Dean sage sausage.

Dad and my sister will be coming over.

but my wife always sits there in amusement at how animated we get about THIS game. Our other friends think they may come...

Tomorrow morning, especially on steeler sunday, I'll get up about 6:30 am, and hike out to our woods,

and hang out there for about 2 and a half hours, checking for deer hunters.

Well, about 3 sundays ago, late in the evening, I was walking our big pup Bernie Kosar out back on our grown up

old oil well road through the woods, and I saw a hunter just off the end of our property with his bow pretty much

pointing at us.

Well, Bernie starting barking at a squirrel, and this nutjob starts screaming at me, threw his bow to the ground, and

stood there. so, I get Bernie behind me, walked to within about 30 yards of our property line, and apologized if we interrupted his hunting.

Hey, I had no idea bow hunting season was in...

Whereas, I'm sure he's the guy who has been said to always hunt in our woods previous seasons, and the neighbor's woods,

and was angry he wasn't allowed anymore.

Well, tough freakin turkeys !

So, at one point, he flew into a rage screaming at me about bein an f'in hypocrite because I would hunt

on our property but no one else can.

Yeah, he was a complete idiot. But, I won't provoke a fight, I just said it's our land now, and that is the way it is.

Then he picked up his bow, cursed me again, and threw his bow down and atarted to walk onto our property and fight me.

So, I have Bernie with me, and stood there to defend Bernie, and the nutcase stopped, and went back and picked up his bow.

I actually knelt down to shield Bernie if he fired at us, but he backed away and I left...

He actually screamed at me saying it's a good thing I didn't come over there, or he'd kill me.

Well, he isn't the owner of the cornfield behind our land. He farms it for the owner, for hunting privedges.

All that huge cornfield, but he wants to hunt in our woods. Well, if he does shoot a deer and it runs into our woods,

too bad. I won't let him come and get it.

The game warden came out and we walked around our property, and he said either the guy was on something, or

he was providing noise cover for a cohunter who would have been flushing deer out of our woods into the open path of the

old grassy road. I also talked to the sheriff who came out. He said if I ever have the problem again, to call them immediately.

So, I'll be out there tomorrow morning at dawn, and if he comes after me, well, I'll already be on our property, and

he may not be able to leave it. Sure, I will probably get hurt, but a Browns fan has to do what a Browns fan has to do.

I have to make it back soon enough to start cooking for the game, ya know.

Or, I won't be commenting for a few days because I got shot in the back, right through my blaze orange jacket,

and ended up in the hospital.

Nobody is going to intimidate our friends or my family to avoid our woods just because it's deer hunting season.

But, if I do get shot in the back with an arrow, dammit, I'm not going with the paramedics until I watch every minute

of the freakin BROWNS squeeler game with my family, hoping the Browns kick the crap out of them.

THAT is what this Browns-Steeler week is all about.

For me, as with any away game, I like to park my rear on the couch in front of the 52"HD Plasma.

Pregame I pace the house and usually have a few cocktails beginning between 9:00-10:00am ... or as soon as I shower.

Get some food going in the kitchen, pace some more, another cocktail ... dress in my game day gear (whatever Browns shit I come across first, nothing fancy like a Raiders spiked suit or anything).

No one watches the game with me, since I'm such an asshole to sit by on game days (imagine that).

However, the wife wants to go to the bar and hook-up with some friends. Don't know if it is a good idea tomorow though as I'm sure several would just love to disrupt our game day chat that we provide here for many transplanted browns fans around the globe.

We'll see how the moring goes though ... In a nut shell, no real plans tomorrow, almost can't wait to wake up though and face that day.

GOD, please let us be competitive with a chance to win.

My family will be watching the game downstairs. I have to watch the game upstairs, especially if we are losing because my mom is always making comments about how the players are ugly and things that aren't relevant to the game...GAHHH that pisses me off! I don't care what the players look like!!!! I don't care which ones are hot!!!! This is xxxxing football!!!! (I won't say these things to my mother obviously so I get to vent them here, to you guys and gals :D)

Thank God for directtv, otherwise it would be hard to get the game here in NC. We will throw some burgers on the grille and sit down and enjoy the game while hoping Mangini and the browns send all the stoolers fans home early in dismay.

A friend told me earlier this week that the Brownies gave me a birthday present last sunday, nah' The present comes this Sunday.

Prediction time

Browns 26

Stoolers 17

i'll have a couple pops here of various varieties before i head to the Browns Backers in Denver, The Retreat, around 10AM MST for breakfast with the lady. the other two times i was there it was damn near standing room only so i hope arriving an hour early will put me in the main room that basically has an entire wall for a screen, instead of the impromptu catering table by the pool table, AGAIN. i'll be with you guys in spirit.

Cal, a cell phone might be a good investment Bud. and if you have one--bring it. they're pretty damn handy. as are pistols. :)

Here theres always the wearing of full gear ,food ,drink and rowdiness on sundays but the steelers games are usually special...at least for my 3 stooler buddies.. for me this year its just another game we wont win...its not a game that we absolutely cant win its just simply one we wont win...

I considered wearing a real carved out pumpkin with stripes on my head to get the guys laughing when they get here but those things smell bad and they are going to get plenty of laughs on me today anyways...i really need a browns striped clown mask! hehehehe

Besides getting lucky with cribbs a couple times and winning i see 2 major scenario's:

Mangini cuts DA loose in order to open up the run resulting in an anderception fest...

Stoolies 44

Browns 6

Or dumbo plays his ussually stale and over-conservative brand of 3 and out football resulting in yawns and a slow but methodical steeler beatdown...

Stoolies 31

Browns 9

Unfortunately today the mask of illusion that this team is wearing under the guise of the lie that DA is the guy and the browns are improved comes off and the browns reveal their unimproved selves and the fans and media will string mangini and dumbo up again to no avail...as DA stays in over the next 4 losses..but at least mankoks motives will be clearly exposed and they will be held accountable...

I always head down to the sports bar to join up with 5-6 other Browns fans.

My best browns buddy and I park ourselves at the bar in from of 4 tvs and watch football. The place has sound boxes so you can dial in whichever game you might want to listen to at any given moment.

Our bartender Christy holds our seats at the bar by setting up a couple of diet Cokes so we always have our spot.

Then settle in for 3-4 tall beers and some sort of lunch.

It's gameday...I look forward to a great game, maybe some smoked chicken, and a cold icy beer.

I share the cost of the DirectTV package with a friend of mine who's out of town. He watches the game on TV and I get the computer feed. If it gets too painful to watch, I minimize the picture and just listen or I mute the sound and just watch; usually the latter because the announcers can't seem to help describing the horrible scene in gruesome repetitive detail. Somehow it's less painful if I don't have to listen to someone describing what I've already seen.

I'll probably make some sort of comfort food. Soup or pizza or something possibly accompanies by a Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale.

This game I may watch with my hands over my eyes while I peek through my fingers.

I have thought about the Direct TV bit for a few years now, but in the end I like heading to the bar to watch the game.

That way if the game is a dud, rather than sulk in my chair as I would at home, I can shoot the breeze with other fans.

I have thought about the Direct TV bit for a few years now, but in the end I like heading to the bar to watch the game.

That way if the game is a dud, rather than sulk in my chair as I would at home, I can shoot the breeze with other fans.

I used to go to a club to watch the games but the smoke really bothered me so I gave it up. I tried it again a couple of years ago (after smoking bans went into effect) but for a variety of reasons it wasn't much fun so I stay home. Besides, since I'm not driving, I have more beverage options.

1000 tune in ESPN to hear geriatric Hanks prediction pit 34 -17

1100 take steaks from freezer for quick thaw on counter

1115 medicaton time (don't forget the SSRI)

1120 log in to Brown's Board in search of any misplaced optimism re outcome of game

1145 consult tv to ensure game is actually being shown in this market

1200 read local newspapers in search of any misplaced optimism re outcome of game

1230 wife leaves with kids because i am an asshole who doesn't want to spend any quality time with family

1235 search medicine cabinet for any pain killers that I may have missed (none)

1245 grill steaks with onion and mushroom....serve with ore ida tots and can of delmonte corn niblets

1255 place food on coffee table........prepare couch and pillows for horizontal comfort

1256 quick prayer to saint jude (patron saint of lost causes)

1300 intense adrenalin rush at kickoff with hope of Browns victory

Well, looks like the plans just changed. The game is on local TV so it looks like a run to the store to grab a few beverages and grab some sub or chili makings and watch on the 47" LCD....may jump in to the tavern to talk some ball during down times.

I don't get to watch many Browns games at home, so this is a welcome surprise.

Now to give the wife her instructions...don't come down and don't say a word...I love her to death, but she is the jinx of jinx's.

As soon as she says anything, we fumble, throw a pick, or our star player breaks a leg.

Red Right 88...Pat's fault.

Bernie's injury...Pat's fault.

The Drive...Pat's fault.

The Fumble..Pats fault.

The helmet toss....Pat's fault.

Northcutt's drop....you guessed it.

Now to give the wife her instructions...don't come down and don't say a word...I love her to death, but she is the jinx of jinx's.

As soon as she says anything, we fumble, throw a pick, or our star player breaks a leg.

Red Right 88...Pat's fault.

Bernie's injury...Pat's fault.

The Drive...Pat's fault.

The Fumble..Pats fault.

The helmet toss....Pat's fault.

Northcutt's drop....you guessed it.

LOL ... If she comes down and speaks, let us know, so we can switch our TV sets off.

Cal, a cell phone might be a good investment Bud. and if you have one--bring it. they're pretty damn handy. as are pistols. Sisky

I do have one, but I had left it at the house...

A friend of mine is wanting to sell to me a few pistols his Dad left him in a collection.

I'm to go look at them today. I think the 9 mm would take out a bear or mountain lion

if I ever run across one.

Well, don't laugh, I already told the S. Ohio mountain lion story a long ways back - I was in the fourth or fifth grade.

Oh, I was out this morning about 7-10, and only saw two beautiful deer, three squirrels,

a chipmunk, some loud crows. Nobody anywhere. I'm good, ready for the Browns to shock the steelers and win

for us today !

Archived