THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs at QB

Chubbs24

I like see the offense opening up and having cribbs at QB. Although the interception was thrown in the redzone, i think it is a good try at trying to make something happen with the offense.

From what I'm seeing no way should he be throwing the ball! But I do love the offense today!! It's about time, but this team really needs a QB!!!!!

I liked the looks of the WildDawg the first few times we ran it. We probably caught the Steelers with the wrong personnel on on the field defensely. Once we ran it too much, they made adjustments and stymied it.

Why put DA out as a WR though? was that just to fool the Steelers on what personnel we were sending to our huddle?

I think if you are really going to run the WildDawg and be serious about it, then run it with the right personnel. Hell put special team type guys in there if it helps. Have WR's in there if you are gonna have a pass option off of it. have HARRISON and CRIBBS be the feature of it, not Lewis with DA split wide, that fools no one.

I thought Cribbs should have attempt a longer pass. Suck them up to stop Cribbs from running then throw over their heads. Don't suck them up and then throw into them.

This season, I think it should stick, but with the right personnel and use to produce, not as a gimik, ram it down someones throat. line-up withy the attitude of "You can't stop this!"

(I thought I had seen another post titled WildDawg, but couldn't find it prior to making this thread, if I see it we will merge them)

I only got to watch the first half, It seemed like Cribbs was taking most snaps? I guess that would be par for Mangini, giving up on another QB after 3 games and going to a gimmick like WildDawg. I heard Cribbs has a pretty good arm, no dink and dunk type stuff. Why all the WildDawg in such a large dose??

i remember what 2 seasons ago there was a 2point conversoin we did against the cardinals where we ran Anderson outside the numbers to edwards to 'talk about the play' and we snapped the ball to cribbs who faked a run and threw the ball to winslow in the endzone.

Anyone else remember that?

we just need to have cribbs throw the ball as a suprise option. Not as a designed play. Run first, throw if its open.

Archived