THE BROWNS BOARD

Can we fire Daboll yet?

DeadWombat

The play calling was so damn awful. Granted, we FINALLY got around to using Cribbs in the WildDawg, which is what everyone outside of the Browns have been saying for years. It took Daboll 5 weeks to figure this out. And what do you know? It actually works! Thats the only good thing I can say about the offense. I am so damn tired of seeing these horrible play calls. Predictable running games. Boring running routes. General WTF moments. The fact that none of our WRs can catch anything isnt helping either.

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Carthon calling the shots.

Sorry man, but get off Deboll. What is he supposed to do with:

1.No QB

2.Misfits as Guards

3.young recievers

4.stopgap RB's and TE's.

I mean, numero uno is big, but the whole offense is going to have infusions. It sucks but it is what it is. OC is the most meaningless cord. in football. Depends on talent.

I feel your pain, but really what is he supposed to do ?

Receivers can't get open

and when they do they either drop it ,or DA can't get the pass near them

Our QBs SUCK!

Our best receiver has played a grand total of 5 games

We really didn't expect to win today, just don't get embarrassed(we're walking a thin line on that one)

We're in for a long season my friend.

The play calling was so damn awful. Granted, we FINALLY got around to using Cribbs in the WildDawg, which is what everyone outside of the Browns have been saying for years. It took Daboll 5 weeks to figure this out. And what do you know? It actually works! Thats the only good thing I can say about the offense. I am so damn tired of seeing these horrible play calls. Predictable running games. Boring running routes. General WTF moments. The fact that none of our WRs can catch anything isnt helping either.

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Carthon calling the shots.

That is Mangini's call. Personally, I hate the dude. Reminds me of George Costanza with a beard. Too predictable.

Sorry but the OC has nothing to do with a QB that throws the ball into the teeth of coverage every week. I don't think he called that. Among many other issues beyond his controll. If he gave DA free reign to throw the ball around he would have had a massive amount of int's.(as if 5 in 10 quarters is not enough) . so he limits what he can do in order to keep the inteception machine from going into automatic mode.

Until that last pass (which was more or less a last-ditch play) Anderson did not make any throws where I shouted "WHAT THE xxxx ARE YOU DOING!!!!!?!?!?!?!?" to the tv. Which, I have. On quite a few occasions. In fact, I think that was the only stupid one that he made today. The rest all seemed well-advised. Except for maybe when he got pushed outta the pocket and threw it to the running back who was two yards behind the LoS.

It didn't help that Eric Steinbach was laying on his ass the entire game while being bullrushed around the backfield by EVERY Steelers defender. I'm sure a cornerback could push Eric out of the way.

The receivers need to make a play on the ball. Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Steve Smith, Randy Moss.... they never got/get perfect throws all game and are able to get a play on the ball. If the WR wasn't expected to make a play on the ball, then ANYBODY who could run a 4.4 would be a WR.

Derek Anderson needs to be more decisive. Why is it the guy cannot scramble at all? Anytime he needs to move to the left or right of the pocket he trips and is all over the ground. This led to a fumble today.

Our defense looks good against weaker opponets, but the Steelers RAG TAG, PIECED TOGETHER OFFENSIVE LINE held our big guys up like highschool defenders. I hate all the discussion about needing a 150 million dollar offensive line to win football games. The steelers do it with a bunch of renobs and let their star LG go without hesitation when it came time for a payday.

I'll give Mangini one more year to get more of "his guys" in here.... but too many Head Coaches go into worse situations then ours and are able to win a few games.

Life's good as a Browns fan.

Archived