THE BROWNS BOARD

The Measurement

kshutchins

Does anyone have a screen shot of that measurement? You must know the one. I'd love to see it again.

Funny how these controversies are ignored by the "experts" at halftime and during the post game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just as pissed on the spot of the ball. Sure they can show the replay of a phantom call Hold that was never even called on the Josh Cribbs return, but when Big Gay Ben looks to be stopped, they spot it almost a yard further, it's still short and they still give them the first. But no replay of Big Gay, and a replay ten minutes later showing the chain link short.

would it really have mattered? We played piss poor today on both sides of the ball, and DA still has no accuracy or touch on his passes

I have no idea if it would have mattered but I'm just curious. Some goobers are saying "camera angle" made the difference and I'd like to take another look for myself. I'd also like to see if I can tell where the ref was standing when he was looking at the marker to make the call.

I don't like blaming the refs for a loss because there are too many other factors that go into a game. I do believe this was a particularly egregious error simply because it should have been an objective call. I'm not a fan of replay and one of the things that I love about baseball is that the ump has the last word no matter what.

Though I hate that we lost, this wasn't one of the most painful games I've witnessed.

I've watched football for over 40 years and NEVER seen a meaurement botched until this one. That said, I'm not sure if it was botched or just PREPAID like the Superbowl in Detroit was.

I know Pittsburgh fans want to pretend they got screwed on pass to Ward in the end zone the very next play. Basically you still have 3 points awarded to a team that SHOULD have lost possession of the ball. That wasn't even close enough to measure unless of course the spot got shadey in the first place. As usual, the Rooneys got it covered.

I don't really think Pittsburgh needed the help today but as usual somebody was all too ambitious to provide it wearing the black and white.

- Tom F.

I've watched football for over 40 years and NEVER seen a meaurement botched until this one. That said, I'm not sure if it was botched or just PREPAID like the Superbowl in Detroit was.

I know Pittsburgh fans want to pretend they got screwed on pass to Ward in the end zone the very next play. Basically you still have 3 points awarded to a team that SHOULD have lost possession of the ball. That wasn't even close enough to measure unless of course the spot got shadey in the first place. As usual, the Rooneys got it covered.

I don't really think Pittsburgh needed the help today but as usual somebody was all too ambitious to provide it wearing the black and white.

- Tom F.

Its funny how you forget their was a major holding completley missed on your first td. Everyone seen it on the intial play and the announcer even pointed it out as it happened. Then the replay just magnified how obvious it was. But go ahead and be a typical Browns fan; deny any call has ever helped you and refuse to admitt you lost fair and sqaure. That kind of attitude is why your team sucks.

I was just as pissed on the spot of the ball. Sure they can show the replay of a phantom call Hold that was never even called on the Josh Cribbs return, but when Big Gay Ben looks to be stopped, they spot it almost a yard further, it's still short and they still give them the first. But no replay of Big Gay, and a replay ten minutes later showing the chain link short.

It was seen by the announcer on the actual play as it happened and everyone was able to see it on the replay. Go ahead and pretend like it didn't happen.

Its funny how you forget their was a major holding completley missed on your first td. Everyone seen it on the intial play and the announcer even pointed it out as it happened. Then the replay just magnified how obvious it was. But go ahead and be a typical Browns fan; deny any call has ever helped you and refuse to admitt you lost fair and sqaure. That kind of attitude is why your team sucks.

hey moron, you had lost on fourth down, that means our ball. NO MATTER WHAT SPIN YOU PUT ON THAT, IT'S CLEVELAND BALL. Nice job paying the ref's again,

hey moron, you had lost on fourth down, that means our ball. NO MATTER WHAT SPIN YOU PUT ON THAT, IT'S CLEVELAND BALL. Nice job paying the ref's again,

That bad call led to three poinst for the Steelers. The non-call on the holding bad call got your team 7 points. 12 losses in a row, but its okay, blame others (refs) not yourselves.

I will say it yet again...we got our team, colors, & history back, but will never get a f-in break until 2020.

One reason I'm not a big fan of NCAA Football is because it's a lot like ice skating- the rankings system is subjective. The NFL is slowly turning into the WWF, looking like it's rigged. The replay on Mendenhall's fumble showed it was a fumble, and we got screwed 4 plays later by a measurement scandal.

I HATE replay. Screws us over every time.

I looked for it in all 3 replays as the commentator wanted to show us what he thought he saw. Each time, he couldn't find it on the replay so what # was held and at what yard line so we can zero in on this enormous hold impacting the play you speak of. I'll give you the floor and as many hours as you need and then we'll talk about it.

Just out of curiosity, when the Browns' defender got called for a late hit on Ben - the replay showed the blocker had this defender by the face mask all the way up to the hit.

Nobody here is saying Pitt won BECAUSE of the shadey calls - they're just wondering why they get so much preferential treatment. Mike Holmgren QUIT his position with the rules committee because of that farce of a Superbowl in Detroit so there's really some validity to all of this.

The Rooney Rule is - They got it covered!

- Tom F.

The difference is holding calls are missed all of the time. The clock was stopped, the refs were standing right next to the measurement and the Steelers still somehow got the call. I don't know that it would've made a whole lot of difference, but that would've given our D a huge boost of confidence and maybe could've shifted the momentum.

Does anyone have a screen shot of that measurement? You must know the one. I'd love to see it again.

Funny how these controversies are ignored by the "experts" at halftime and during the post game.

It was shown from the Back Angle. We didn't get to see the Strait across shot . just the back angle, NO Way do the Refs call it a 1st Down if it wasn't ,please. Add to that IF the refs were "Helping" Pittsburgh they damn sure wouldn't have overturned Hines Wards TD which easily could have been ruled a Catch , esp. since it WAS Ruled a catch in the 1st place , and needed irrefutable evidence (Which there wasn't , he lost the ball on his 2nd Roll over) a little common sense here please. I don't blame you guys for being pissed in general , but the measurement had nothing to do with the loss. It was a First down.

Look at the Color marker on the Stick , you can see its shot on an ANGLE. Hilarious... I guess you gotta Cry about something.

QUOTE (Bob806 @ Oct 18 2009, 06:00 PM)

I will say it yet again...we got our team, colors, & history back, but will never get a f-in break until 2020.

One reason I'm not a big fan of NCAA Football is because it's a lot like ice skating- the rankings system is subjective. The NFL is slowly turning into the WWF, looking like it's rigged. The replay on Mendenhall's fumble showed it was a fumble, and we got screwed 4 plays later by a measurement scandal.

I HATE replay. Screws us over every time.

Really did REPLAY Screw you when Hines Ward caught that TD in the Corner of the end zone.... Generalizations and exaggerations rule here.

- Tom F.

Shall we explain why the Ward TD Overruled since the game was "Bought and Paid for " ???? Dont say it wasn't a TD because THAT doesn't matter the NFL Blows Replay calls EVERY WEEK with No repercussion. You sound like an azzzzz.

What kind of person actually thinks like this?

Me. Replay is a joke...it slows the game down, and IMHO, has caused officiating to decline.

It's not just being bitter about replay as a Browns fan. It's being bitter about it as a football fan in general. I could give a rat's ass about the Raiders or Bills, ask them about the replays in their "tuck rule' or bullshit "Music City Miracle" playoff games. Even you guys vs. Tennessee on the FG by Nedney.

Yes, I HATE replay.

Me. Replay is a joke...it slows the game down, and IMHO, has caused officiating to decline.

It's not just being bitter about replay as a Browns fan. It's being bitter about it as a football fan in general. I could give a rat's ass about the Raiders or Bills, ask them about the replays in their "tuck rule' or bullshit "Music City Miracle" playoff games. Even you guys vs. Tennessee on the FG by Nedney.

Yes, I HATE replay.

AGREED 100% its sucks , overturns in Bizarre fashion. Rubber stamps Obvious plays that should be Overturned. I say Junk it.

Shall we explain why the Ward TD Overruled since the game was "Bought and Paid for " ???? Dont say it wasn't a TD because THAT doesn't matter the NFL Blows Replay calls EVERY WEEK with No repercussion. You sound like an azzzzz.

Should they have STILL had possession after the measurement shows they didn't make it to the line to gain? They got 3 points from it and nobody saw Hines Ward arguing the call because that ball never got secured. Are we supposed to feel thankful the refs only handed you 3 points instead of 7?

Comeon, in 1 breath you guys want to act like you don't need any help against the Borwns and in the other breath you still THINK you need the refs.

- Tom F. (The Rooney Rule is they got it covered!)

Add to that IF the refs were "Helping" Pittsburgh they damn sure wouldn't have overturned Hines Wards TD which easily could have been ruled a Catch , esp. since it WAS Ruled a catch in the 1st place , and needed irrefutable evidence (Which there wasn't , he lost the ball on his 2nd Roll over) a little common sense here please.

Um there was way more evidence than what they needed on that play. You have to complete the play without losing possession, which he clearly didn't. You could roll 800 times before losing the ball and it's an incompletion. You have to come to a stop with possession, thats when the play ends.

Its a pretty simple rule, you should be able to understand that, you're a pretty simple guy. :)

Should they have STILL had possession after the measurement shows they didn't make it to the line to gain? They got 3 points from it and nobody saw Hines Ward arguing the call because that ball never got secured. Are we supposed to feel thankful the refs only handed you 3 points instead of 7?

Comeon, in 1 breath you guys want to act like you don't need any help against the Borwns and in the other breath you still THINK you need the refs.

- Tom F. (The Rooney Rule is they got it covered!)

But our perspective on the call was jaded. It was the angle. Look at replays , I though it was short as well Until the replay. You can see the Camera angle wasn't giving us the true Look. I do a Lot of Filming and Photography , I know this is the case. Its REAL Obvious when you watch the replay and are looking for it.

Archived