THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Day Thoughs

Steeler SChick

a) Cribbs is remarkable. The Steelers are tickled that we have Logan running kicks back, but Cribbs is on another level.

B) DA looked.... mediocre, which is an improvement from last week. His receivers didn't do him any favors.

c) I'm not sure if our rush line sucked or if your rush D was solid, but our ground game was mediocre.

e) Anyone saying Ben's name shouldn't be mentioned with the Mannings and Brady's of the world can go xxxx yourself.

f) That WildDawg shit isn't going to get yinz anywhere. It looks awful.

g) DA had all day to throw at times. Massaquoi looked.... ok. Yinz need more receivers to step up.

h) It really wasn't a close game. That TD return made it closer than it should have been. Still, the stains gave a little better game than I expected, especially early on.

That is all.

Regards

.... an'at

a) Cribbs is remarkable. The Steelers are tickled that we have Logan running kicks back, but Cribbs is on another level.

B) DA looked.... mediocre, which is an improvement from last week. His receivers didn't do him any favors.

c) I'm not sure if our rush line sucked or if your rush D was solid, but our ground game was mediocre.

e) Anyone saying Ben's name shouldn't be mentioned with the Mannings and Brady's of the world can go xxxx yourself.

g) DA had all day to throw at times. Massaquoi looked.... ok. Yinz need more receivers to step up.

h) It really wasn't a close game. That TD return made it closer than it should have been. Still, the stains gave a little better game than I expected, especially early on.

That is all.

Agreed on A & B. I think our rushing D is actually starting to step up. Once Peyton and Brady rape someone, then he can be mentioned in the same sentence as them. I disagree with you about the WildDawg schtick. It looked okay in the first quarter. But then we just ran with it, and ran with it, and ran with it... One-dimensional, you have a defensive coordinator that had at least a grade-school education (which I'm not sure I can say about Daboll) and he picked up on it. Agree on G. And as for H, that third quarter sure was funny.

And I lost the sig bet. =(

That is all.

Regards

.... an'at

Good write up. Josh Cribbs is the only player on the Browns roster that is a real threat. BenRothlisberger threw for 417 yards, the Browns had 198 as a team. I remember when yinz guys here argued with me that Kellen Winslow was the better draft choice then BR was. I also remember the days when Atenears said Chucky Frye was "the REAL QB from the MAC" :lol: 12 straight wins over an opponent is almost impossible to do in the NFL. Unless one team is Pittsburgh and the other is Cleveland I suppose.

Looking forward to your latest attempts at smack talk next offseason when you tout your FA and draft pick signings and predict this will finally be the year the Steelers decline and the Browns are contenders. Rinse and repeat.

Regards,

Silverback

Agreed on A & B. I think our rushing D is actually starting to step up. Once Peyton and Brady rape someone, then he can be mentioned in the same sentence as them. I disagree with you about the WildDawg schtick. It looked okay in the first quarter. But then we just ran with it, and ran with it, and ran with it... One-dimensional, you have a defensive coordinator that had at least a grade-school education (which I'm not sure I can say about Daboll) and he picked up on it. Agree on G. And as for H, that third quarter sure was funny.

And I lost the sig bet. =(

Yeah, the sig bet. Forgot about that.

Tell ya what - you pick it. I'm drunk right now and probably would come up with something stupid.

"Go Steelers" or something like that would suffice.

Peace

Regards

... an'at

That is all.

Regards

.... an'at

Actually last week and this week were pretty similar. Perfectly thrown dropped passes coupled decently thrown dropped passes, with poor WR adjustments on a couple of incompletions, a couple of rushed throws while being hit, throw aways, botched screen plays, blocked passes at the line, deep INT .... only difference is that this week DA fumbled.

I think you are just trying to save face because you diss'ed DA prior to the game, now after watching a full Brown game you realize that he could be a servicable QB with some help.

WR are the weakest link on offense, Run game ain't anything to write home about and the play calling is suspect, but not sure what I'd call with this cast of WR's. DA distributes the ball and can be a threat deep, that should be enough to get another phase of the offense going.

Defensively, our Safeties start back peddling out of the picture just prior to the snap and McDonald is a vagina who was playing with a bum shoulder which equals disaster.

I think you are just trying to save face because you diss'ed DA prior to the game, now after watching a full Brown game you realize that he could be a servicable QB with some help

Eh, not quite.

While I do think DA could be a "serviceable" player on a better team, I don't think he would be starting material. Maybe a decent backup.

Not sure when I dissed DA, but in case there is any question about that - DA sucks, as a starter.

BQ has way more upside than DA will ever have, it baffles me why DA's in the game. Yinz can lose ugly with either QB, but if BQ's not your guy for the future, trade him for badly needed picks.

Picks... can you rattle off all of the stains first-round picks since the franchise came into existence?

For shits and giggles.

Regards

... an'at

Actually last week and this week were pretty similar. Perfectly thrown dropped passes coupled decently thrown dropped passes, with poor WR adjustments on a couple of incompletions, a couple of rushed throws while being hit, throw aways, botched screen plays, blocked passes at the line, deep INT .... only difference is that this week DA fumbled.

I think you are just trying to save face because you diss'ed DA prior to the game, now after watching a full Brown game you realize that he could be a servicable QB with some help.

WR are the weakest link on offense, Run game ain't anything to write home about and the play calling is suspect, but not sure what I'd call with this cast of WR's. DA distributes the ball and can be a threat deep, that should be enough to get another phase of the offense going.

Defensively, our Safeties start back peddling out of the picture just prior to the snap and McDonald is a vagina who was playing with a bum shoulder which equals disaster.

Well hopefully there are G.M.'s that are seeing what you are seeing in DA and offer us a couple 1st round picks for him so we can rebuild our team well enough to compete and then add a QB to the mix at that time. :wacko:

a) Cribbs is remarkable. The Steelers are tickled that we have Logan running kicks back, but Cribbs is on another level. AWESOME PLAYER

B) DA looked.... mediocre, which is an improvement from last week. His receivers didn't do him any favors. QUINN deserves a REAL SHOT , BUT WILL the WRs Catch for Him ?

c) I'm not sure if our rush line sucked or if your rush D was solid, but our ground game was mediocre. BROWNS Run D WAS Up to task

e) Anyone saying Ben's name shouldn't be mentioned with the Mannings and Brady's of the world can go xxxx yourself. DITTO

f) That WildDawg shit isn't going to get yinz anywhere. It looks awful. I THOUGH YOUR WILD CAT WAS TROUBLESOME TO US

g) DA had all day to throw at times. Massaquoi looked.... ok. Yinz need more receivers to step up. AGREED

h) It really wasn't a close game. That TD return made it closer than it should have been. Still, the BROWNS gave a little better game than I expected, especially early on. AGREED

SteelersSchuck, your steelers played good. You guys deserve it. You steelers are just a good good football team. We deserve to lose. After all, we went through 4 coaches. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for us anyway.

Yeah, I'm not here to rub that in. Just wanted to chat about the game.

Regards

... an'at

Well, I was really hoping DA would improve his accuracy & touch on short-type throws, so we don't have to draft a QB high and wait yet again for him to pan out. Yes, we dropped passes-offensively, it's no secret we suck, but we need defensive playmakers desperately in the upcoming draft.

Our defense is a seive. They say we play a 3-4 scheme, I say it's a 3-0 because we have no linebackers at all. The middle of the field is wide open every time, and Brandon McDonald looks like a 5th grade CYO or Muny league rookie tackler.

BR was pressured early in the game, and things looked ok...but then Pitt makes adjustments, we decide to play the "sponge" defense that soaks up yardage, and it's 12 in a row for Pitt.

Well, I was really hoping DA would improve his accuracy & touch on short-type throws, so we don't have to draft a QB high and wait yet again for him to pan out. Yes, we dropped passes-offensively, it's no secret we suck, but we need defensive playmakers desperately in the upcoming draft.

Our defense is a seive. They say we play a 3-4 scheme, I say it's a 3-0 because we have no linebackers at all. The middle of the field is wide open every time, and Brandon McDonald looks like a 5th grade CYO or Muny league rookie tackler.

BR was pressured early in the game, and things looked ok...but then Pitt makes adjustments, we decide to play the "sponge" defense that soaks up yardage, and it's 12 in a row for Pitt.

Well the Browns Showed up Hit HARD , Played Hard , and hung around even though they were getting Outplayed. Missing Wimbley and Then Jackson ... they didnt quit , Thats a big part of getting better. I Still think an Established Winning Coaching regime is needed. But The Browns didn't embarrass you guys today. Over on our Board , there were a lot of Nervous Fans over there for a while.

Honestly the biggest 2 pieces we need on defense are a safety and a strong safety both need good hands and a keen sense..this is a lerner trademark weakness imho both elam and pool consistantly let balls slip out of their hands and that hurts us really bad...

The offense....sheww..starting with DA who looks slightly improved from a discipline standpoint but still releases the ball both to hard and often to early or spiralling downward or behind the WRs...combined with newbie WRs still not comfortable with their routes and a constantly breaking o-line that cant be trusted is a mix for disaster enuff said..maddeningly bad and inopportune playcalling doesnt help...

But hats off to the steeler fans your team is good as always and ours sucks as always...;)

Well the Browns Showed up Hit HARD , Played Hard , and hung around even though they were getting Outplayed. Missing Wimbley and Then Jackson ... they didnt quit , Thats a big part of getting better. I Still think an Established Winning Coaching regime is needed. But The Browns didn't embarrass you guys today. Over on our Board , there were a lot of Nervous Fans over there for a while.

That is true to an extent, the "playing hard" comment. I don't think Mangini is as bad as he's made out to be in the media. We have to see how this next draft pans out, looks like we're headed for a top 10 (or 5, egads) pick. I think he actually understands that we need to win our division games, that is better than Romeo already. Our two best performances this year have been Cincy, and today (for about a half).

What drives me nuts is the passive defense mentality. Big Ben looked rattled in the first quarter, because we brought pressure. Pitt's main weakness is pass-blocking on the o-line. It looked like he had all day to throw after the first quarter, we rushed only 3 guys, with an occasional blitz. I don't get it why we stopped bringing heat...or did Pitt make adjustments, and we didn't adjust off of that?

My brother-in-law in Pittsburgh (huge Steeler fan) was freaking out, but then he did his customary trash-talk phone call at 430pm. Man, it's gonna be tough yet again at our Thanksgiving get together, WTF.

Archived