THE BROWNS BOARD

Mark Sanchez and the NFL INT recordbooks

Lumbergh

I don't know what the INT record is, but no matter what it is it is in serious danger if Mark Sanchez starts all 16 games this year.

I like his "it factor" though. And he really interviews well. So he's got that going for him.

You sound like the anti-Shep.

i give credit to the jets for having backbone and sticking with their decision to start their rookie quarterback. You really think that if mangini had actually drafted sanchez that he would have stuck with him this long? How long did he give brady?

You don't come here often, do you?

Just a little cause I am often banned. But when I do all I see is everyone turning every thread into DA sucks. If its wr's missing balls, or the running backs, offensive lineman, Mark Sanchez, punt snapper or the waterboy its all the same shit.

I'm not interested with your guy's crush on a certain poster if that is what your trying to say.

Answer: Quinn got 6 starts to prove he sucked shit beyond all doubt.

is that 3 starts from last year? and the 3 from this year? So MANGINI gave him 3 starts. I liked his starts last season. he played well if i remember correctly until he got hurt. This season he started against Min/Den/Bal all which have good defenses in a new system with players who were still working out what to do.

To say that HE sucked ass is not a fair observation. The offense as a whole sucked. With DA at QB i could say that the offense is doing better than it had been in the first 3 games. But is it because anderson is at the helm. or is it because the offense is learning the system finally. I don't think we can judge it until we put brady back in. So.... i really dont think that Brady proved he sucked BEYOND ALL DOUBT. because i am not convinced.

Name me another quarterback in the NFL that posted average stats, and got just 6 or less starts in the NFL NOT because they were injured.....

GO!

oh okay Quinn was just avg now was he?

avg in a "Charlie Frye vs the Steelers in the season opener" kinda way

Seriously, there is no point in arguing this. Quinn is done. His career as a starter in the NFL is over. He is not going back in. He does not have "it". There is no point in discussing it anymore.

oh okay Quinn was just avg now was he?

avg in a "Charlie Frye vs the Steelers in the season opener" kinda way

Seriously, there is no point in arguing this. Quinn is done. His career as a starter in the NFL is over. He is not going back in. He does not have "it". There is no point in discussing it anymore.

Disagree. He might be a good one. But it sure as hell won't be in Cleveland. His debut reminds me of Leinart's. But.... It also reminds me of Eli's. I loved watching Eli fail early on. IDK what happened. But it really wouldn't surprise me if he goes somewhere else and tears it up.

Its his first year and hes going to make mistakes.Unlike the browns the jets will play there 1st round qb.

We played ours too, but I can assure you that had the Jets had a young QB on the bench today that was 13-14 with 43 TD's with 35 INT's and 6500-yrds, they would have trotted him out too.

Kellen Clemens is 3-5 with 5-TD's & 11-INT's with 1555-yrds to his name ... big difference.

AND ..that's even with Sanchez having SOME success already

atenears 6 games in 3 years is not enough time.Anderson keeps maken the same stupid plays over and over.he does not move forword in his game as a qb.Least find out what brady will do with a season of playing time under his belt.Im not saying brady is are answer,but at least u know what u got after a year.We already know what anderson is going to give you.Why draft a guy in the 1st round to let him sit on the bench.

atenears 6 games in 3 years is not enough time.Anderson keeps maken the same stupid plays over and over.he does not move forword in his game as a qb.Least find out what brady will do with a season of playing time under his belt.Im not saying brady is are answer,but at least u know what u got after a year.We already know what anderson is going to give you.Why draft a guy in the 1st round to let him sit on the bench.

This is a thread mostly about the Jets and Mark Sanchez, i'm sure we can debate Brady Quinn vs Derek Anderson in one of several other threads out there.

I guess we should all be glad that BQ started the first 2.5 games so this thread wouldn't be Derek Anderson and the NFL INT recordbooks.

DA- 6 INT in 3.5 games (1.7 INT/game)(1.18 INT/game career)

Sanchez-10 INT in 6 games (1.66 INT/game)

I have no problem with DA starting right now. I would rather have BQ just because theres still that chance he could break out, but this season is lost, and I hope we don't get a QB this offseason unless its a Vet stopgap because we have many other holes to fill. But its not like Sanchez is worse than what we have here, in fact he's light years ahead of what we have. However, I'm glad we didn't draft him. He would be better than what we have now, but won't be a franchise QB in the long term.

I guess we should all be glad that BQ started the first 2.5 games so this thread wouldn't be Derek Anderson and the NFL INT recordbooks.

DA- 6 INT in 3.5 games (1.7 INT/game)(1.18 INT/game career)

Sanchez-10 INT in 6 games (1.66 INT/game)

I have no problem with DA starting right now. I would rather have BQ just because theres still that chance he could break out, but this season is lost, and I hope we don't get a QB this offseason unless its a Vet stopgap because we have many other holes to fill. But its not like Sanchez is worse than what we have here, in fact he's light years ahead of what we have. However, I'm glad we didn't draft him. He would be better than what we have now, but won't be a franchise QB in the long term.

You don't think that Sanchez has a bit more seasoned line, twice as good of running game, and a hell of a lot better receiving corp? (Not to mention Defenses and overall team)

You don't think that Sanchez has a bit more seasoned line, twice as good of running game, and a hell of a lot better receiving corp? (Not to mention Defenses and overall team)

Sanchez has crossed that dreaded "3 games and you're scouted" line in the NFL. It's Merril Hoge who said it best on NFL Matchup. It only takes 3 NFL game films for good NFL coaches to lock up your tendencies, reads, etc. Now that Sanchez has crossed that line, he's beginning to struggle somewhat.

But this happens to all rookie QBs sooner or later, even ones like Sanchez who has all of the complimentary things you mention, Ate.

By the way, love posting here. Not going anywhere.

Sanchez has crossed that dreaded "3 games and you're scouted" line in the NFL. It's Merril Hoge who said it best on NFL Matchup. It only takes 3 NFL game films for good NFL coaches to lock up your tendencies, reads, etc. Now that Sanchez has crossed that line, he's beginning to struggle somewhat.

But this happens to all rookie QBs sooner or later, even ones like Sanchez who has all of the complimentary things you mention, Ate.

I agree with that. My reply was in comparing stats.

By the way, love posting here. Not going anywhere.

ding, ding ... get the man a sleestack doll!

Thanks man, I like much more now.

I don't know what the INT record is, but no matter what it is it is in serious danger if Mark Sanchez starts all 16 games this year.

I like his "it factor" though. And he really interviews well. So he's got that going for him.

It might be equal to Tim Couch's rookie year sacked total 50+

LOL! I started another thread (Justin Case) that he looked good until Braylon got there. It was a littler more specific to the Buffalo game so I could show all our fans that DA htting receivers in the hands vrs Buffalo is better than consistently hitting Buffalo defenders in the chest. They were 3-1 and now they're 3-3. Coincidence? The NY media REALLY wants Braylon to be a superhero in their bright lights big city. They LOVE playing up the Sabbathia thing. You just know they're hoping to show Lebron that they have already taken 2 guys from 2 different sports and made them champions for coming to the BIG City. The irony is Lebron doesn't think very much of Braylon and I sincerely think that Jets team would rather play in front of a Vanderbilt crowd of 29,000 right about now. It's a very hospitable place: "Welcome to NY - now get the FLOCK out of here!"

- Tom F.

Archived