THE BROWNS BOARD

So DA fans, what's the excuse now?

DaBrowns41

I'm just curious. DA had 3 turnovers that were 100% on him today. He's a big reason why our defense couldn't stop anybody because they were on the field so damn much.

What the hell is the excuse?

Don't tell me drops either, because BQ had quite a few drops in his 2.5 games as well.

Brady Quinn is a SEXY man!

I'm just curious. DA had 3 turnovers that were 100% on him today. He's a big reason why our defense couldn't stop anybody because they were on the field so damn much.

Don't tell me drops either, because BQ had quite a few drops in his 2.5 games as well.

No excuse ... although I've posted in many threads here about most aspects of the offense and defense. Start there if you really want to know.

No excuse ... although I've posted in many threads here about most aspects of the offense and defense. Start there if you really want to know.

I just want to see why it's such a big deal that Quinn doesn't start. It's obvious this team can't win a game against an average opponent or better no matter who is QB, because we have no WR's, TE's, right side of the line, or running game.

So why do we want to keep butchering DA's value just to keep Quinn on the bench?

Im not DA fan, but the 3 turn overs were not 100 percent his fault.Throwing into double coverage was his fault ,Piss poor blocking by his backs to pick up blitzers was a big part of the other 2.No running game and dropped balls hurt this team.And the defense cant stop anybody cause they cant cover the pass.Bottom line it a team effort and the team played horrible.

Here is a news flash for all of us......................Both of our QB's SUCK. Neither will be on our roster in two years, and maybe even next year. PLEASE give the DA vs BQ nonsense a rest, because neither is worth the energy it takes to type a sentence, much less, the breath it takes to say EITHER's name.

Im not DA fan, but the 3 turn overs were not 100 percent his fault.Throwing into double coverage was his fault ,Piss poor blocking by his backs to pick up blitzers was a big part of the other 2.No running game and dropped balls hurt this team.And the defense cant stop anybody cause they cant cover the pass.Bottom line it a team effort and the team played horrible.

On each of those plays he had 3.5+ seconds to get rid of the ball. That's more than enough time.

Not to mention he's a professional football player who's supposed to hold onto the ball. Not to mention he and Mack had 2-3 bad exchanges.

3 turnovers were all his fault.

It's not his fault because the whole team sucks just as hard, there have been teams where you look at them and see a good team that the QB is just murdering by his foul play. This whole team is a big ball of suck, so it really doesn't matter what DA does. Throw Tom Brady back there and you would see suck.

On each of those plays he had 3.5+ seconds to get rid of the ball. That's more than enough time.

Not to mention he's a professional football player who's supposed to hold onto the ball. Not to mention he and Mack had 2-3 bad exchanges.

3 turnovers were all his fault.

It might've been 3.5 seconds from snap to fumble, but that pressure got to him much faster than that... He dodged one of em, but then the other one got him.

yeah strip sacks from behind are always on the QB (....well unless you're a BQ fan and it happens to BQ, then the Right G and Tackle just suck)

It's called pocket presence and awareness. Not sure if you know what that means.

He needs to start stepping up in the pocket. He doesn't, and today he held the ball on for too long and he paid for it.

The offensive line shouldn't be expected to block for 10 seconds so he can throw the football, unless they are playing the Cleveland Browns.

How do u step up in a pocket when there is none.Harrison who weighs 200 pounds was trying to block lbs that weigh 250s pounds and was getting run over.The out side rushers where also getting into.I want to see brady get in and play.But u cant blame everything on DA today.

How do u step up in a pocket when there is none.Harrison who weighs 200 pounds was trying to block lbs that weigh 250s pounds and was getting run over.The out side rushers where also getting into.I want to see brady get in and play.But u cant blame everything on DA today.

You didn't see the pocket to step up in? The announcers noticed it. I noticed it, my buddy's g/f who knows nothing about football noticed it.

Perhaps you should rewatch the game.

maybe u should stop watchen ur buddy girlfriend and rewatch the game urself.He was outside the pocket on a roll when he lost the fumble casue harris let his block run right up the middle

Ok, speak english, then we will talk.

I can't understand what you say when you can't spell and put sentences together.

Like I tried to tell you before, it does not matter who browns have at QB, even Tom Brady, not enough weapons.

By the way, I am still waiting to see DA stretch the field! Yards per completion way too little, much worse than QUINN???? Rocket arm has meant very little last 3.5 games plus one OT, time for Brady Quinn to reappear!!!!! Sorry DA lovers!!!!!!!

We're not seriously still having a conversation about the quarterback position, are we? Other than every single one of us understanding that we need one, I can't fathom why this is still a topic of discussion.

Hell, I'm even considering leaving the Mays/Berry camp just so long as we find a guy behind center.

Beanpot

Let's face it, all the QB threads in the world will not change the fact that BQ is obviously not Mankok friendly. With the Bengals game as the lone exception, I have never seen such poor leadership and performance by a quarterback. Everytime DA drops back he just looks slow and inviting to any defensive player, almost as if he's ASKING to get hit. Ok so the recievers have dropped some balls. Does that make his INT and the two fumbles today also their fault? I don't care, at this point, if you call Terry Bradshaw in from the edge of his grave...GET SOMEONE ELSE IN THERE TO QB OUR TEAM!!!! Does everyone realise that maybe if the QB was showing that he was in full control that it would transfer that confidence to everyone around him? I used to play All Pro Football 2K and one of the abilities called Leadership was described as "The ability to make everyone around you play better". During the 2007 season I was a big DA pimp but the change started rearing it's ugly head during that Pro Bowl when he was showing absolutely NO ability to lead his team after you took away the players that made him look better.

Time to bring in a new DOG and put the old ones to rest...

DA is NOT the answer!!!!

So are you trying to say that if BQ was there we would have won the game ?

Why bring in someone new right now when we all knew we were going to lose this year anyway's. It's a rebuilding year and why risk putting in a different qb with the same crap team and risk the fans booing him off the field before he ever gets a shot with a real team? If we trade BQ and leave DA in this season then next season I think he plans on putting Ratliff in once we obtain more pieces of the puzzle. Who knows.

if we win, DA commanded the team and led them to victory. if we lose and are bad, its everyone else's fault, and DA's team gave up on him.

Which win was that? Last week in Buffalo where he went 2-of-17? You really think anyone was on here giving him credit for that?

Oh you must mean in 2007 where he threw 29 TD's Passing + 3 Rushing and put up 3787 yrds, yet was credited with blowing the Cincy game and the entire season?

Yeah, he gets credit for commanding all kinds of things doesn't he?

That's fine and dandy but why pull BQ at the beginning if that is the consensus? I get the money part but what I don't get is how you allow your team to look this pathetic knowing that the fanbase has suffered ten straight years of total suckage. Mangini is doing it his way for sure but his track record showed improvement from day one and this is NOT improvement. Every week seems like a step backwards and DA is NO help in team evaluation. Ok we know he throws INTs like hotcakes. We also know that he is not mobile. He cannot throw the short passes with any touch at all. Every single DC that plays us just has one thing to accomplish. RUSH DA. He may burn you one time a game but lets face it, he makes far more poor decisions than good. How does that help the rest of the team? The defense gets worn down by halftime, and the recievers are afraid to catch the ball. Would you break your fingers for a guy you KNOW isn't on the roster past the season?

I agree with everyone else, if you're not gonna play BQ throw Ratliff in for good measure or run the Flash package all game, it can't hurt to give defenses a different look that may make them work a little harder at gameplanning...

FYI Brady Quinn starts and the Browns are 0-3 vs the spread.

Anderson starts and the Browns are 3-0 vs the spread.

At least I'm cashing in, so that's good.

Quinns opponents combined record: 11-0

Andersons opponents combined record: 10-6

Excluding Baltimore (3-3) since both played them

I'll chime in here, folks...

Anderson is playing because the team Captains went to Mangini and told him that the team was tired of Quinn and wanted Anderson to play, and Quinn alienating himself with the OC and HC by openly suggesting changes during installation meetings. Of course, if Quinn would have been anywhere close to productive in his three starts, it all would have been moot.

Bradford could very well slip down in the drfat, we mat have a shot at him in the middle of the draft, so when we trade down from the number one spot six times next year, we will be in good shape.

Archived