THE BROWNS BOARD

So DA fans, what's the excuse now?

DaBrowns41

Lums is right, Quinn is out in Cleveland, although I predict he will haunt Browns fans and organization from his new starting spot for the next 12 years, the Browns will churn and burn 12 more QBs in that time frame. The talking heads were even talking about how stupid the Browns develop QBs on national TV.

Ok, speak english, then we will talk.

I can't understand what you say when you can't spell and put sentences together.

This coming from a guy who goes my "Da browns." Funny.

And if you really thought there was any pocket whatsoever on Anderson's fumble, you either were caught up in the emotion of (yet) another Brown's loss (understandable), or you have no idea of what a "pocket" is. (Hint: watching the time & space that Ben had to work with all game should illustrate the difference.)

I only got to watch the first 3 quarters and DA played alright if the receivers could catch the ball. I did not get to see the fourth quarter but stats would suggest that DA played a bad 4th quarter. Of the two fumbles I thought that the first one was DA's fault only because he was loose with the ball because he was trying to make a play. The second one, I don't blame DA for that. As a matter of fact I called that it would happen, of course no brain storm there to know that the Steelers would blitz on 3rd and long and you need to call a quick hitting play.

Unfortunantly the reason that DA is playing is that he gives the team the best chance to win. We all can concede that unless DA shows improvement in a way that he has thus far been unable too that he is not the long term answer to the QB position. But I agree with the poster that said it does not matter who is in at Qb right now, they would suck. The team does not need to draft a Qb right now, but it does need help in almost every other area first. Need a pass rush, need a shut down corner, need better LBs and need better line play. Build up a team and then go get a QB. If you do not like DA then go get a veteran to be the stop gap.

But the way that this team catches the ball no QB will be successful (agree with previous poster).

I'll chime in here, folks...

Anderson is playing because the team Captains went to Mangini and told him that the team was tired of Quinn and wanted Anderson to play, and Quinn alienating himself with the OC and HC by openly suggesting changes during installation meetings.

Source?

Let's face it, all the QB threads in the world will not change the fact that BQ is obviously not Mankok friendly. With the Bengals game as the lone exception, I have never seen such poor leadership and performance by a quarterback. Everytime DA drops back he just looks slow and inviting to any defensive player, almost as if he's ASKING to get hit. Ok so the recievers have dropped some balls. Does that make his INT and the two fumbles today also their fault? I don't care, at this point, if you call Terry Bradshaw in from the edge of his grave...GET SOMEONE ELSE IN THERE TO QB OUR TEAM!!!! Does everyone realise that maybe if the QB was showing that he was in full control that it would transfer that confidence to everyone around him? I used to play All Pro Football 2K and one of the abilities called Leadership was described as "The ability to make everyone around you play better". During the 2007 season I was a big DA pimp but the change started rearing it's ugly head during that Pro Bowl when he was showing absolutely NO ability to lead his team after you took away the players that made him look better.

Time to bring in a new DOG and put the old ones to rest...

DA is NOT the answer!!!!

Too bad this is from a thread that was deleted...real classy mods...I guess there is really no freedom of speech here..lol

Too bad this is from a thread that was deleted...real classy mods...I guess there is really no freedom of speech here..lol

You mean this post right HERE?

Late on Sundays, we consolidate similar threads, so if on Monday morning someone wants to read/input about DA, they don't have to click through 5-6 different threads, especially ones with weird titles such as yours was.

EDIT: If you read down the topics, you will find that each is a farily unique subect. Not 3 about DA, 4 about Quinn, 3 about Cribbs, etc ...

We pretty muc only do that late on Sunday's to clean up all the different threads leftover from Game day. If you want to ever find a post that you wrote, you can always click on your name above your avatar and select 'Last ten posts' or threads.

Just look:

Derek Anderson Brady Quinn

Passing Yds (Rank) 384 (36) 400 (35)

Passing Attempts 84 (31) 74 (35)

Pass Completion 39 (37) 45 (33)

% Pass Completion 46.4 (35) 60.8 (18)

Passing Yds/Attempt 4.57 (36) 5.41 (33)

Passing Touchdowns 1 (36) 1 (36)

% Passes Intercepted 6.0 (35) 4.1 (31)

NFL QB Rating 39.0 (36) 62.9 (32)

300 yd Passing Games 0 (-) 0 (-)

Avg. NFL Rank 31.33 28.11

Only category anderson wins is pass attempts!

the hard-on for quinn is strong here....even still.

where you all fail is in realizing DA is the stopgap because your precious #1 local boy couldn't empty his pants long enough to take a snap. so keep that in mind, that we're watching DA now because your boy shit the bed.....and you still think he's gonna be great? talk about homerism...good god.

start looking at the game as a whole, toolbags, instead of dawging on the same point week in and week out. if you can't see how dropped passes are affecting this team, you really have no football IQ.

You didn't see the pocket to step up in? The announcers noticed it. I noticed it, my buddy's g/f who knows nothing about football noticed it.

Perhaps you should rewatch the game.

There was a pocket to step up in yes, but the loss was not DA's fault by any stretch of the imagination. Our team is bad, and the Steeler's team is good. It ended up exactly how we expected it to. Our DBs are aweful and we had a really hard time creating any running lanes against the defense which, by the way, every team that plays them has that same problem.

Ben had too much time to throw and I couldn't find one of our defensive players ourside of Rogers who was winning their individual battles yesterday. DA turned it over but the guy with the ball has a spotlight on him and when the entire team is getting beat, the guy with the ball gets the heat. DA isn't why we lost but in a vaccum yeah, he needs to protect that ball better.

I'm not disagreeing with you but as a cardinal rule, if someone's girlfriend has an opinion on the game, you should always disagree with her because she is probably wrong. If you find yourself agreeing with her, its time to reevaluate your stance. That is why the only time I watch a game with girls around anymore is when they are bringing out more chip dip once per hour or asking who needs a beer. I can only take so many "why don'y they just run around them instead of into them?" coments. Fellas, chicks are for AFTER the game.

I'll chime in here, folks...

Anderson is playing because the team Captains went to Mangini and told him that the team was tired of Quinn and wanted Anderson to play, and Quinn alienating himself with the OC and HC by openly suggesting changes during installation meetings. Of course, if Quinn would have been anywhere close to productive in his three starts, it all would have been moot.

Bradford could very well slip down in the drfat, we mat have a shot at him in the middle of the draft, so when we trade down from the number one spot six times next year, we will be in good shape.

It looks from here like maybe they should have used some of his suggestions. I can see how it could alienate or upset other players and coaches, but that is a leaders job to make suggestions and not just blindly follow. What we have seen is that the qb change has not improved this team any more than the spark of actually making a change (sort of like firing a manager in the middle of a baseball season). It puts all the players on notice that their job is not secure and they play harder. The threat of change really only motivated them in the Cincy game, as well as finally giving our qb some new weapons like MM as the 2 instead of Cribbs ( a change that should've happened after week 1), a modified OL and an honest attempt to establish a run game. Our course then we trade Edwards meaning MM will not be as open as he was in Cincy. Buffalo is terrible and with the injuries to the LB's could not stop the run, but we couldn't capitalize with TD's. We won due to our special teams (amazingly not Cribbs, but Z)...sad, but better than a loss.

Should they yank Anderson, yes. Should they have done it against Buffalo...yes. Would it lead to improvement? Maybe for a game or two (with Quinn or Ratliff), but the same problems will reappear. This team is bad, just as bad/maybe worse than they were at the beginning of the season. Sure the numbers may look like improvement, but it is comparing apples to oranges and not worth a darn. Will they make a change....I doubt it. I believe Mangini has recognized that it wouldn't change the outcome. The best case is that they would see what they have in Quinn and he improves for the future, but no help for this year. Really how would it matter, we beat Buffalo by 10 instead of 3? Big deal, QB is not the problem and drafting another one early is not the solution.

Good teams develop the rest of the team and then plug in a qb and play them through the rough times so that they learn and improve with a bit of a safety net. Mangini has a plan, it may not work, but it is going to take time to know. In hindsight, the biggest blunder so far and in line with what every expert was saying, they should have traded or released one of the qb's before the season so that whoever was left would have the complete support of the team, and the opportunity to play loose w/o looking over their shoulders. It is not too late, trade either one now and start building for the future without the qb controversy.

Or if we can all accept that the Browns are bad, we could play both of them in games. Could it get any worse? This way Quinn and Anderson get reps to show what they have, Quinn probably still wouldn't get 70% of the snaps, so we could see if he can improve with experience. Obviously if one is going better that game, you ride the hot hand. It would also take some pressure off of both of them. I know conventional wisdom says this cannot work, but we went against conventional wisdom, when we kept both, and then again when we benched Quinn the first time. It's time to get unconventional, again what do we have to lose?

I just want to see why it's such a big deal that Quinn doesn't start. It's obvious this team can't win a game against an average opponent or better no matter who is QB, because we have no WR's, TE's, right side of the line, or running game.

So why do we want to keep butchering DA's value just to keep Quinn on the bench?

Because that'd be smart. That ain't the Browns.

You're right, Put BQ in. If he plays good, we keep or trade him and he'd be worth something. If he plays bad, we are still in the same situation. Everyone knows what DA is.

what's funny is when DA comes out and has a good game (or I should say drive, because he has never played good the whole game) every six or so games, that kind've hurts him, because he's so inconsistent. You can't even prep your offense for him. He stinks even when he manages to play decent!

Archived