THE BROWNS BOARD

Clear as the Nose on Your Face

Chicopee John

Quinn is a dead man walking in Cleveland.

Despite some really good games under his belt, Anderson has been inconsistent at best and a horrible NFL QB at worse.

Why not play Ratliff the rest of the season? What does the team have to lose. With either DA or BQ, the team would be lucky to win 3 games or more. So why not play Ratliff and see what he can do the rest of the season.

Clearly, getting a competent QB is a major objective in the offseason whether it be by FA, trade or the draft. However, what if Ratliff proves to be a viable option at QB? Could that push the QB draft pick from a #1 to a #3, for example and leaving rounds #1 and #2 to other pressing areas of need?

Right now, Anderson is embarrassing. Let's be honest.

I was somewhat upbeat after seeing that the team put up 14 points against the Steelers until I noticed that 7 came from ST again.

Let's see what Ratliff has. Unfortunately, DA and BQ are dead on arrival.

I was somewhat upbeat after seeing that the team put up 14 points against the Steelers until I noticed that 7 came from ST again.

So, I take it that you didn't watch the game? If you did, you were with us feeling real bad for DA as each early drive was killed by dropped passes. You can't always throw it on the money, but when you do 95% of them should be caught, not 30%. Receivers not fighting for the ball, not coming back for it, not sheilding defenders .... can't evaluate DA by the stat line. Couldn't in 2007 and can't today either.

He's not a World Beater, but he probably couldn't have done anything else that he didn't do early on and we just couldn't catch the damn ball.

He's not a World Beater, but he probably couldn't have done anything else that he didn't do early on and we just couldn't catch the damn ball.

No, I didn't see the game.

However, you make my point RE: Ratliff. Let's see if the WRs suddenly get sticky fingers. Other posters today said that the two rookie WRs looked decent. Just trying to reconcile those posts with the dropsies you described.

The season is shot. Why not play Ratliff. Maybe he can go 2 for 17 and throw for over 30 yards!!!!

How do you know BQ is a bust? 2 1/2 freakin games with a game plan that sucked! The Browns are paying the kid big $$$$$......play him or trade him.

You make a valid point.

I am basing my decision on the fact that two different coaching staffs were unable to differentiate BQ from DA. In my opinion, that means the guy is dead meat in Cleveland.

If nothing else, Mangini comes across as a stubborn guy and I don't believe he will go back to BQ before he goes to #3 first.

This is not an excuse-making post. Let's understand that right now.

First, DA wasn't good today. But he wasn't horrendous either.

DA is good when he develops a rhythm in a game. When he can't/doesn't do that, the results are never good. Against Cincy, he and MoMass had a rhythm going. That hasn't happened before or since this year. But once he gets hot, you have to keep riding him. That's why I thought our playcalling the drive after our TD drive today was terrible. DA was just starting to get into it.

Let's also remember that he's working with two rookie receivers that are still adjusting to everything about the NFL game. The speed. The complexity of routes, defensive reads, how each corner/DB plays, etc.

Can DA play much better? Absolutely, and if he starts to this team will win its share of games. Can the receivers play much better? Absolutely, but they need to adjust to the speed of the game. Their hands are late, they're not snapping their head back out of breaks, they're not coming back hard to the ball, etc. This will come in time, and just think how good Massaquoi will be when he develops these traits. Robiskie might become a solid #2 as well.

As far as the off-season goes, it's too soon to speculate about WHAT we will do, but I am CERTAIN that QB will not be a high priority in the draft. Rookie QBs who start are put into situations where they are one of the final pieces to the puzzle. In other words, you put a rookie QB into a situation in which he'll likely succeed. That's the current model and it seems to be working for guys like Flacco and Sanchez.

Sanchez is a perfect example of what I mean. He had to throw five picks today to get his team beat. And even then it was an overtime loss. If our QBs throw five picks we get boatraced by any team in this league.

We have a lot more needs than at QB and drafting a QB #1 overall next year is not going to solve any problems. When we think we can be a championship contender, then we draft the right quarterback.

Maybe Mangini is holding Ratliff off for now so DA can earn the check and take the blame for this season? It wont risk Quinns trade value anymore then it has and since EVERYONE knows we were going to suck anyway he doesnt want to let Ratliff take the fall for the first rebuilding season. He knows were harsh on qb's here in Cleveland. It's all part of a plan.

So, I take it that you didn't watch the game? If you did, you were with us feeling real bad for DA as each early drive was killed by dropped passes. You can't always throw it on the money, but when you do 95% of them should be caught, not 30%. Receivers not fighting for the ball, not coming back for it, not sheilding defenders .... can't evaluate DA by the stat line. Couldn't in 2007 and can't today either.

Ok, now that's two weeks in a row that you use the "dropped passes" excuse for DA sucking. How many times ya gonna use it? Every week? DA is well DA....horrible.

Let the kid Quinn play the rest of the year and we'll know for sure what we have...and/or what we need.

I swear I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day with this organization...the last 3 years is the same thing....DA...Quinn...DA...?

DA lost a fumble in heavy traffic because he isn't smart enough to hold the ball

tucked into his arm when he's trying to move his giant clodhopper feet.

DA threw a very, very, very, very, very, very stupid ANDERCEPTION ****again*****,

DA throws 5 yard cannonballs, and not often on target.

Even the announcers were noticing that bigtime.

DA has no upside because he qb's by thinking of staying off his backside.

No more of DA, PLEASE !

"can't evaluate DA by the stat line. Couldn't in 2007 and can't today either"

Well, I did watch the game & I say you can- there's enough evidence to show Anderson is a horrible quarterback- like Bubby Brister bad. Funny how Edwards is now catching the majority of passes thrown him- only difference? Someone else is tossing him the rock.

Bumbling and stumbling in the pocket- and the mandatory interception that was underthrown by 10 yards.

How do you know BQ is a bust? 2 1/2 freakin games with a game plan that sucked! The Browns are paying the kid big $$$$$......play him or trade him.

The money may be a factor as to why we aren't playing him. Once it becomes impossible to attain his 70% of snaps number, he may get another, late season look.

At this point he sucks. No sense in handing him 11 million more when you aren't sure he is worth what he is making now.

"can't evaluate DA by the stat line. Couldn't in 2007 and can't today either"

Well, I did watch the game & I say you can- there's enough evidence to show Anderson is a horrible quarterback- like Bubby Brister bad. Funny how Edwards is now catching the majority of passes thrown him- only difference? Someone else is tossing him the rock.

Bumbling and stumbling in the pocket- and the mandatory interception that was underthrown by 10 yards.

LMFAO ... really? .... AND .... did YOU watch THAT game? Sanchez threw more INT's trying to get the ball to EDWARDS, than Edwarsd actually caught.

Go look at THAT stat line.

Sanchez threw 5 INT's, attempting to go to Edwards 9 times, he hualed in only three of them. The Jets threw 6 INT's on the afternoon.

BTW, Sanchez passer rating against the same Buffalo team you ripped on DA for was an 8.3

AND ... the Jets lost (again).

I just don't understand the point of not using this worthless season to try and develop someone you think could be the future QB.

We've seen DA. He is who he is. Move on.

Give Quinn four or five more games. If he sucks as bad as he did in the first two games, then move on.

Then Give However the rest of the year. If he sucks, then move on.

It really doesn't seem like rocket science....

Hey Stan...fk DA...He is a fkn jioke! I hope he gets........errrr.....banged up.

The money may be a factor as to why we aren't playing him. Once it becomes impossible to attain his 70% of snaps number, he may get another, late season look.

At this point he sucks. No sense in handing him 11 million more when you aren't sure he is worth what he is making now.

I think this is exactly what's going on. Saving money and keeping him as a back up. Anderson isn't done in my book and there is no one to even trade Quinn for at the moment. Yesterday's game was interesting with all the WildDawg stuff and I did see a couple of good Anderson plays. How about where he was about to get sacked, started running (slowly lol) and then decided to toss the ball to... Harrison? I forget who but that ended up in a first down instead of a sack. He also was looking right, then tossed to Massoqui on the far left for a first down. (not staring down a reciever!?!) He may end up a decent qb yet. I really don't think it hurts that he's not afraid of losing his job after every play. Seriously how much pressure does the guy need to be under? As for BQ... I don't think they should have benched him when they did. The play calling was attrocious and the defences he was facing.... I mean woah. Unfortunatly for him, now that he's on the bench, I think he might as well stay there.

LMFAO ... really? .... AND .... did YOU watch THAT game? Sanchez threw more INT's trying to get the ball to EDWARDS, than Edwarsd actually caught.

Go look at THAT stat line.

Sanchez threw 5 INT's, attempting to go to Edwards 9 times, he hualed in only three of them. The Jets threw 6 INT's on the afternoon.

BTW, Sanchez passer rating against the same Buffalo team you ripped on DA for was an 8.3

AND ... the Jets lost (again).

That's on Sanchez for trying to force the ball to Edwards, and even with his lousy 8.3 game, he still has a better qb rating than DA, in fact every other starting qb in the NFL does!!!!.

To his credit DA isn't throwing as much into double and triple coverage as he used to, but he's not starting qb material. Our friendly Steeler fan pegged DA exactly- the guy is another Scott Mitchell- had a few great games against lousy teams. He's been figured out, and can't adjust.

To beat DA and the Browns-

1) Double his #1 target, and rotate the coverage deep to take away his long threat.

2) This forces him to throw 100mph rockets on short stuff that no one on the Browns (except maybe Robiskie) is capable of handling, and DA has shown little indication he's yet mastered the art of throwing a touch pass. Make sure you blitz early and often, because when the pressure's on, Da will fold.

Finally Anderson has shown zero indication he can raise the performance of the team around him, and the guy is Mr. anti-clutch. Badly thrown int when the Browns were theoretically still in the game.

Quinn is a dead man walking in Cleveland.

Despite some really good games under his belt, Anderson has been inconsistent at best and a horrible NFL QB at worse.

Why not play Ratliff the rest of the season? What does the team have to lose. With either DA or BQ, the team would be lucky to win 3 games or more. So why not play Ratliff and see what he can do the rest of the season.

Clearly, getting a competent QB is a major objective in the offseason whether it be by FA, trade or the draft. However, what if Ratliff proves to be a viable option at QB? Could that push the QB draft pick from a #1 to a #3, for example and leaving rounds #1 and #2 to other pressing areas of need?

Right now, Anderson is embarrassing. Let's be honest.

Let's see what Ratliff has. Unfortunately, DA and BQ are dead on arrival.

It really don't matter who is back at the QB spot......Joe Monfriggintana wouldn't help....THis team has NO offesive weapons outside of Cribbs...no rungame, no TE, NO wide-outs...what's a QB to do...??.....but sit back run for his life, and force throws to guys who are not really NFL caliber wides....

This is gonna take a loooong time to even get to 8 and 8 again.......I can't remember when this team has been this bad...:(

Archived