THE BROWNS BOARD

Can We Stop Calling it a Rivalry?

dencyguy

It was never the same after Mo'Smell moved the Browns to Baltimore and they became the Ratbirds, who are now Pittsburgh's real rival. You know blood will flow from both teams and maybe fans also when the Ratbirds fly into town on their ugly greasy wings like the monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.

Observations on Week 6

1)Cribbs is dangerous any time he gets the ball, not too many like that.

2)Mack handled Hampton pretty well. I bet he's a Pro Bowler in not too long. Excellent draft pick, I hear PGH coveted him also.

3)DA might surprise you on a better team, lots of dropped passes that were not his fault plus too many PGH jerseys in the backfield with him much of the day. In fact there were a lot of PGH fumbles and drops too, which usually means that it was chilly and/or wet. I did not hear the field conditions but crappy game weather IS a Cleve-PGH tradition.

4)The spot was bad, no question, but PGH must have got twice the yardage the Browns did and dominated time of posession so that spot did not cost the Browns the game.

5)Wallace, WR for PGH, is seriously seriously fast, noticeably faster than the other players on the field. If he has even average hands he is the starter by the next time PGH and the Browns play.

6) Reed, K for PGH, is a complete disgrace and will drink himself out of the NFL in short order if he does not get help. There are too few jobs like that and too many unemployed kickers around for him to piss it away like that.

Well, you can blame the NFL fathers for that in a sense. They elected to put an expansion team in Jacksonville which is only the 40th most populous metropolitan area in the US with about a 1.3 mill population over Baltimore which is 20th ranked with over double the metro area population than Jax, (and much, much more if you count the D.C. metro region).

Of course, if the NFL chose Baltimore, it probably only means that Modell would have been snooping around other towns, like Jax, for a bribe to go there, so it is hard to tell what would have happened.

Have to add in a comment in that regard. IMHO, the Jags are not long for Jacksonville. They downsized the stadium to avoid blackouts, but there were a ton of empty seats in plain view yesterday when they played the Rams. HUGE mistake by the NFL not to give Baltimore the expansion franchise.

Modell might have snooped around, but I doubt anyone could have come close to the Baltimore Bribe.

Archived