THE BROWNS BOARD

mangini must go

firemangini

mangini must go. i don't know what lerner saw in him to bring him in, but either way its been obvious since before the season even started that the mangina wasn't right for cleveland. i'm not sayin the browns would be a superbowl contender with another coach, but the talent on this roster is too good to be embaressed week after week. i just started a site to begin the campaign to fire mangini (or even better, get the prick to resign). check it out. firemangini.com

mangini must go. i don't know what lerner saw in him to bring him in, but either way its been obvious since before the season even started that the mangina wasn't right for cleveland. i'm not sayin the browns would be a superbowl contender with another coach, but the talent on this roster is too good to be embaressed week after week. i just started a site to begin the campaign to fire mangini (or even better, get the prick to resign). check it out. firemangini.com

Embarrassed? Uh, that would be the stellar performance turned in by the Titans today. I hate the Patriots, and BB but I was actually rooting for them to score a couple more touchdowns to equal the record for points scored in an NFL game- and in bad weather to boot!!!

I can not stand browns fans like you, you are a moron...Lets see we have no QB, no RB, No WRs no talent on offense, our best player is our kick off man in Cribbs and they ran more WildDawg today and it worked, our defense is playing way over there talent level and you want to fire our coach...your a moron.......

I can not stand browns fans like you, you are a moron...

He's not a Browns fan. If you check out his site, you'll see that he's a Jets fan.

However, he is a moron. NYU's a good school and a fun place. He's an idiot to be wasting his time trying to get another team's coach fired when he could be engaging in a myriad of more productive and/or pleasurable pursuits.

Go away, firemangini. I say it for your own good.

yeah you're a damn moron weirdo if you're wasting your time trying to get a coach fired, no one go to his website, I guarantee you he's just trying to make money off of angry browns fans via ads. go the hell away.

btw:

but the talent on this roster is too good to be embaressed week after week

stopped reading there.

Way too premature.

We lost to the Steelers in a game we played hard.

In a couple of years I might be on board with this idea, but right now you don't have a firm grasp of reality.

What exactly were you expecting??

We have serious match-up problems all over the field, on both sides of the ball, especially on the lines.

I don't care what you do, when the other teams defensive line can dominate your O-line, the offense isn't going to work in any way shape or form.

When the other teams O-line can push your defensive front off the ball or not allow pressure, your defense is going to bend, bend, bend, and break.

That is the reality you need to come to grips with.

I became more of a Mangini fan when he shipped Edwards out of town. I am willing to give him time, and see what players he brings in here next April.

Go Browns.

Given the comparitive state of our roster we are far away from the worst performing team out there right now, as Hoorta said, look at the Titans giving up those points in bad weather. Eric needs seasons not games. He hardly inherited a stellar product did he. He's smarter tha he looks, I'm sure he gave Quinn the chance to hope he could make it, decided quickly he couldn't - hoofed him on the bench to keep him form devaluing himself further, gave us DA who at least can throw an exciting ball and is probably draft planning right now for the replacement. No way do we say goodbye just yet, and I don't like the guy.

Whoops wrong button. This post is stupid. Fire the guy 6 games in? Grow up.

I think mangini is doing a lot of things right and to many things wrong...he isnt as smart as he was billed to be and is in way over his head..he seems to be a compulsive liar and doesnt honor his own ethical ,moral or conduct codes..(its good to be the boss)i dont see him as the guy thats taking us to the superbowl or the playoffs but i do see him as the guy who may restore the team to a respectable level and set the tone for the next coach "perhaps rob ryan" he will give this team an identity for running a boring gutless offense but still hanging tough...

Its all speculation and i see marked improvement in discipline and the rooting out of malcontents which has just barely began...there are many more that obviously dont like this organization in general but like their payday...i think mangini will eventually get them all out..i currently only see him as a temporary 2 or 3 year coach...a good foundation builder but not a finisher due to his unbending futile philosophies that apply to everyone but him and daboll,pet projects and bad draft prospects...

Overall he is a man that gives off a sense that he thinks highly of himself as some kind of a mastermind when in fact his brand of ball is not only uncreative but devoid of anything original...a mastermind doesnt use someone elses old used up tactics they creatively pave their own way..josh McDaniels and perhaps rob ryan may be up and coming masterminds but mangini is far far away from that claim...

Ryan is doing a sweet ass job with what he has to work with.. that defense is only 2 safeties ,a decent corner and a LB away from being amongst the best...

Daboll should have never been hired and should be fired according to manginis doctrine but best friends dont apply i guess...daboll makes really bad decisions at inopportune times on the "check with me" plays we all understand DAs or BQs strengths are not in a run run pass on 3rd and 7 situation and the run run run a couple games ago was downright Retarded...rookie OC or not daboll is nothing special at best...

proposed name changes to this thread: mangini must go to the store and buy stickum- mangini must go to practice to see these players just aren't cutting it- mangini must go to the offensive coordinator convention to find a guy who knows what he's doing- mangini must go to the gym and lose a few lbs- mangini must go to a psychiatrist to explain to him he is no longer with the jets- and my personal favorite: mangini must go to the all you can eat buffet so that he can finally win something. i am not a mangini fan and never have been, but you can't ditch him now. give him at least 3 years.

When you guys first hired Mangini, I thought it was a good choice. But Mangini has made very poor decisions. He is almost as bad as Romeo and maybe even worse. With the draft picks, O-line, and improved defense, this team should have done much better. When he started that whole QB controversy, he pretty much shot himself and the browns right in the foot.

When you guys first hired Mangini, I thought it was a good choice. But Mangini has made very poor decisions. He is almost as bad as Romeo and maybe even worse. With the draft picks, O-line, and improved defense, this team should have done much better. When he started that whole QB controversy, he pretty much shot himself and the browns right in the foot.

Disagree. Mangini is cleaning up the mess left us by RAC. It is his team and he changed the way it operates. The players who are used to RAC and didn't conform are mostly gone. Now it's a matter of time before we get better. You can't judge an NFL coach after 6 games. He didn't chose DA or BQ. He had one draft and whatever he could scrounge from the Jets and Free Agency. I give him 3 years at least before canning him.

I never thought Romeo left you a mess at all. I just thought he was a bad coach that did not know how to make the right choices on game day. Mangini came in and removed your best play makers and got next to nothing in return. He tore your team apart by creating a QB controversy that should have been settled long ago and then you go with your QB and have his back and create some team chemistry. He never did that, he tore any chemistry you had apart. The way he is treating Cribbs is another bad decision. I'd love to have that guy on the STEELERS.

The way he handled the QB's showed a lot. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing there, and he lied about it, saying how he'd stick with the guy because of his great process. Preseason was a joke. The best looking QB, Bartel, was let go! They should've kept him and either DA or BQ for starter. But he was indecisive and neither got good reps, work and planning.

We will probably be rebuilding again in a few years. Why can't the Browns just get a proven coach where we know his methods have worked, and we can stick with him.

Yes there isn't a lot of talent here, but you know what, (this sickens me but it's true) you could probably put half these players on the Steelers and they'd shine. It's MORE than the players. Scouting, drafts, coaching....

I never thought Romeo left you a mess at all. I just thought he was a bad coach that did not know how to make the right choices on game day. Mangini came in and removed your best play makers and got next to nothing in return. He tore your team apart by creating a QB controversy that should have been settled long ago and then you go with your QB and have his back and create some team chemistry. He never did that, he tore any chemistry you had apart. The way he is treating Cribbs is another bad decision. I'd love to have that guy on the STEELERS.

The QB contoversy has been going on for a couple of years, he didn't create it. Winslow was washed up due to his own stupidity, Edwards has an attitude that didn't fit here. If you don't think RAC left a mess thats because you don't live here. It takes time to adjust to new leadersip.

The QB contoversy has been going on for a couple of years, he didn't create it. Winslow was washed up due to his own stupidity, Edwards has an attitude that didn't fit here. If you don't think RAC left a mess thats because you don't live here. It takes time to adjust to new leadersip.

Sorry but other than a few people on message boards, the QB controversy ended after DA went down a very fast slide towards the pile of crap he is. It was always clear that DA had a couple of good games but then when the NFL adjusted to him because they became aware of him, he was awful and terrible and worthless and just a bum. Mangini revived that QB debate and took it to a new extreme that should have ended somewhere in the preseason. Then you support your QB and give him the team. Taking time to adjust to new leadership is one thing, Mangini never showed that leadership. Mangini made some very bad decisions and in my opinion fractured the team in half and killed any chemistry you were creating. I'm well aware of RAC and what he did with this team. Then he trades some of the best talent on the team for next to nothing. I think Mangini has been worse.

NO

I think mangini is doing a lot of things right and to many things wrong...he isnt as smart as he was billed to be and is in way over his head..he seems to be a compulsive liar and doesnt honor his own ethical ,moral or conduct codes ..(its good to be the boss). i dont see him as the guy thats taking us to the superbowl or the playoffs but i do see him as the guy who may restore the team to a respectable level and set the tone for the next coach "perhaps rob ryan" he will give this team an identity for running a boring gutless offense but still hanging tough...

That's what I like about him ... him and I think alike. wacko.gif

We seem to have less penalties than we have had under RAC and I am seeing less stupidities like jumping off sides and whatnot. I don't know what the answer is, but another new coach?? Really who are you going to pick up and what's he going to be able to do with this team? I would think more along the lines of a new OC (I think the plays were better yesterday than they have been all year though) Also more drills with DA throwing the ball to his recievers as hard as he can. He needs some softer touches too but... They should be catching those balls!

Firstly, some moronic Jet fan starts the thread..that fool needs to worry about Rex jets and your 50 million dollar QB who seems to have problems in cold and windy weather..That'll work in Giants Stadium..A team thats gone from 1st to worst in sacks and one of the top 3 penalized teams in the NFL this year..STFU...now

Anyone who can't see this Browns team needs more parts isn't too bright. If you don't see this team plays with more discipline and is much much better coached isn't too swift. We have the right f**kin coach, after all the BS the last 10 years lets stay the course and build the program the right way..this s**t isn't happening over night..Let Mangini and Kokinis get THEIR players.

Don't be mad you lost to the BILLS at home. LOL!!

All I know is a winning team isnt built over night. Mangini is either really smart or really really stupid. Only time will tell and seeing as how we all knew this year was a waste we should atleast have patience. All one has to do is look at the Jets before he started and after he finished to see how he works. Im sure he made mistakes when he was there but hopefully he learned from them. I can honestly say I think were going to be a great team in 2011 but that comes with a price and that price is losing now. Would you rather win now and lose later or lose now and keep winning later?

..he seems to be a compulsive liar and doesnt honor his own ethical ,moral or conduct codes..(its good to be the boss)

Overall he is a man that gives off a sense that he thinks highly of himself as some kind of a mastermind when in fact his brand of ball is not only uncreative but devoid of anything original...a mastermind doesnt use someone elses old used up tactics they creatively pave their own way..josh McDaniels and perhaps rob ryan may be up and coming masterminds but mangini is far far away from that claim...

I am going to ask where you find that he is "immoral". As for conduct, he expects professionalism. As for compulsive lying? Do you LISTEN to NFL coaches? He is no different.

I think that you're buying into what ESPN wants you to see. I've been three NFL locker rooms and I'll tell you that if you knew what it was like....you'd never read a newspaper again....because it's 99% made up. Joe Thomas, for one, came out last week and said that "Coach is nothing like what the public sees and the media portrays".

If he was such a jerk, then why isn't Shaun Rogers still whining? You know why? He did a mea culpa and apologized to Shaun.

You go on about "masterminds" and Eric Mangini didn't arrive here saying things like Rex Ryan did (He DOES think he's a mastermind). Eric Mangini is emulating his mentors (BB and Parcells). If the school of thought works then why can't the student use it? Do we bash Holmgren or any one of a dozen Bill Walsh disciples for using the West Coast?

You're interjecting pre-supposed outcomes here. That's not fair.

Archived