THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday

The Gipper

To take our minds off the debacle that is the Cleveland Browns, I will start a regular "Survey Monday". These are not trivia questions. Just your own answers to some questions. Here you go:

1. What is the last product you purchased specifically because you liked their TV commercial?

2. Is there a Non-North American sports entity (team or whatever) that you have a rooting interest in?

3. Do you believe Bin Laden is dead or alive?

4. Where did you take your last vacation? What is your next vacation destination?

5. What colleges did your family attend, (including 2 year and tech colleges)? Include yourself, wife, children, (grandchildren), parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, in-laws.

I will be the first to answer my own survey

To take our minds off the debacle that is the Cleveland Browns, I will start a regular "Survey Monday". These are not trivia questions. Just your own answers to some questions. Here you go:

1. What is the last product you purchased specifically because you liked their TV commercial?

Jack Links Beef Jerky, because of the "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials.

2. Is there a Non-North American sports entity (team or whatever) that you have a rooting interest in?

My late uncle from England was a Liverpool F.C. supporter, so I gained a brief interest in them (even over Aston Villa)

Dead. I believe Al-Qaeda just props him up like he was El Cid and phonies up audio tapes that they proclaim to be him

4. Where did you take your last vacation? What is your next vacation destination?

Last month went to the Cayman Islands. Over Christmas will be going out near San Antonio where my wife's sister is.

5. What colleges did your family attend, (including 2 year and tech colleges)? Include yourself, wife, children, (grandchildren), parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, in-laws, etc.

My schools: Akron U. undergrad, Cleveland St. law school. Wife: Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Son: Kenyon College. (daughter still in HS). Mother in law: Wittenberg. Father in law: Illinois, masters at Arizona St. Nephew: Dayton. Two sister in laws and a brother in law: Oklahoma. Brother went to the Five Star Horseshoe School (in OK)

5 hour energy - DAMN YOU BRAYLON EDWARDS!!!!

They play sports in other countries?

I believe he needs a better A/V crew. The quality on those vids sucks!

Does going to jail count?

5. What colleges did your family attend, (including 2 year and tech colleges)? Include yourself, wife, children, (grandchildren), parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, in-laws.

Tri-C baby!

The Snuggie

snuggie_blanketsleeves.jpg

No.

Not sure ... and believe he may never have really exsisted in the context we know of.

Cooperstown NY & Carolina's ... Leave for Vegas this Wednesday night.

Bradley U., Kent St., Akron U., Lakeland C.C., Theil, Cuyahoga C.C., Case Western [EDIT: Slippery Rock Univ.]

Not once in my life

Not one

Alive in an underground suite somewhere in the Colorado mountainside

Colombia. A place I always dreamed of going only, I wish I hadn't taken my wife. Penelope Cruz and Selma Hayek were riding Vespas and selling produce on the streets! And they don't even realize they are gorgeous because they all are!! Guys! GO THERE AND FIND A WIFE!!! TODAY!!! Next, we're going to Fresno to visit more in-laws.

LCC, Tri-C and CSU. Next year the wifey is going to Case baby!!!! Again, find yourself a Colombian right now!!!

None that I can remember.

no

alive

I can't remember and I don't know

None of my family went to college.

:

Jack Links beef jerky

No

Alive

Las Vegas......next....not sure

Florida(me), Tennessee(wife), Louisville(daughter), Duke(son), LaGrange(son), Iowa(brother), Alabama(sister) Alabama(mother)..don't remember where the others you mention went, or they didn't attend college

I got one of those Baskin Robbins large Oreo milkshakes. I didn't do it because of the commercial. I read online that it had 2600 calories, so I figured it had to be good. It was the thickest friggin thing I've ever tried to drink. Way too sugary, couldn't even finish it.

FC Barcelona, Aston Villa

Alive

Daytona Beach... Maybe Sweden up next.

My parents didn't go to college. My brother dropped out of Lakeland after a semester =[ I'm studying physics at U. of Dayton.

none that i know of..i bet some fast food or pizza place got me...im more of a packaging whore...fancy logos and bottles while browsing grab my attention and i stop and stare like ralphie looking at the red rider bb gun through the window.

none...all cleveland all the time..and i havent lived in ohio in 20 years..

alive and plotting.

mexico..did a 7 day cruise to change it up..was nice... next destination is orlando as it is a 5 hour drive for me and i need to take my kids to disney.

I am college free ...im a musician we dont need no stinkin college..hah! my wife is a graduate from florida state...my father from Kent state...my brother from youngstown state and my in laws both from oklahoma state

Thanks to the gipper for keeping the questions and interaction going!

none that i know of..i bet some fast food or pizza place got me...im more of a packaging whore...fancy logos and bottles while browsing grab my attention and i stop and stare like ralphie looking at the red rider bb gun through the window.

none...all cleveland all the time..and i havent lived in ohio in 20 years..

alive and plotting.

mexico..did a 7 day cruise to change it up..was nice... next destination is orlando as it is a 5 hour drive for me and i need to take my kids to disney.

I am college free ...im a musician we dont need no stinkin college..hah! my wife is a graduate from florida state...my father from Kent state...my brother from youngstown state and my in laws both from oklahoma state

Thanks to the gipper for keeping the questions and interaction going!

1. What is the last product you purchased specifically because you liked their TV commercial? Tough one: I'm rather immune to advertising. Let's say: a Gillette Razor.

2. Is there a Non-North American sports entity (team or whatever) that you have a rooting interest in? No

3. Do you believe Bin Laden is dead or alive? Alive, that scum sucking raghead

4. Where did you take your last vacation? What is your next vacation destination? New York. Key Largo

5. What colleges did your family attend, (including 2 year and tech colleges)? Include yourself, wife, children, (grandchildren), parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, in-laws. University of North Carolina, Clemson, Medical University of South Carolina, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Washington and Jefferson College, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The Citadel, the College of Charleston (SC), Mount Aloysius, University of Delaware, Trident Technical, Charleston School of Law, University of Georgia, Kennesaw State University, Kansas State University, Auburn

[/color]

1. Hmmm.... can't think of one.

2. Nope.

3. Dead though that's more wishful thinking than anything.

4. Last: The Outer Banks of North Carolina Next: Cleveland

5. I attended: St. Vincent Hospital School of Nursing, Mary Manse College, Georgia State, Augusta College, Charleston College, and the Medical University of South Carolina; (I moved around a lot during that time of my life)

Other family members: Lorain Community College; University of Toledo; BGSU; University of Georgia; Medical College of Georgia; Virginia Tech; University of South Carolina Honors College; Harvard Law School. That's not everyone, but these are the ones I know for sure.

:

Jack Links beef jerky

No

Alive

Las Vegas......next....not sure

Florida(me), Tennessee(wife), Louisville(daughter), Duke(son), LaGrange(son), Iowa(brother), Alabama(sister) Alabama(mother)..don't remember where the others you mention went, or they didn't attend college

You got a smart kid there going to Duke, rated Top 25 nationally in academics. My daughter says she wants to go to college in North Carolina to a school with a good sports scene and sorority scene. I would like it if she went to Duke, but I don't know if she has the academic stones to make it, though, so far she is getting almost all As. (what kind of GPA/SAT/ACT scores did it take your son to get in there?)

1. What is the last product you purchased specifically because you liked their TV commercial? Tough one: I'm rather immune to advertising. Let's say: a Gillette Razor.

2. Is there a Non-North American sports entity (team or whatever) that you have a rooting interest in? No

3. Do you believe Bin Laden is dead or alive? Alive, that scum sucking raghead

4. Where did you take your last vacation? What is your next vacation destination? New York. Key Largo

5. What colleges did your family attend, (including 2 year and tech colleges)? Include yourself, wife, children, (grandchildren), parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, in-laws. University of North Carolina, Clemson, Medical University of South Carolina, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Washington and Jefferson College, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The Citadel, the College of Charleston (SC), Mount Aloysius, University of Delaware, Trident Technical, Charleston School of Law, University of Georgia, Kennesaw State University, Kansas State University, Auburn

[/color]

That last batch looks like the Un. of Florida's football schedule. A pile of tomato cans and only a couple of mediocre SEC opponents. (Sorry Ballpeen, but that is the way it looks from my point of view)

1. Hmmm.... can't think of one.

2. Nope.

3. Dead though that's more wishful thinking than anything.

4. Last: The Outer Banks of North Carolina Next: Cleveland

5. I attended: St. Vincent Hospital School of Nursing, Mary Manse College, Georgia State, Augusta College, Charleston College, and the Medical University of South Carolina; (I moved around a lot during that time of my life)

Other family members: Lorain Community College; University of Toledo; University of Georgia; Virginia Tech; University of South Carolina Honors College; Harvard Law School. That's not everyone, but these are the ones I know for sure.

Harvard Law School is not quite as good as Cleveland St., but we will acknowledge that it has a mediocre reputation since they like to do movies there. (The Paper Chase, Legally Blonde)

Shamwow.

Tokyo Giants Baseball.

Alive.

Phuket Thailand.

Parents did not attend college. Younger brother Cleveland State.

1. --

2. Kilkenny football, Manchester City

3. Probably dead

4. Last: Maryland/Virginia Civil War sites. Next: Russia

5. Me: KSU. Grandparents: KSU. Uncles: KSU. Mother: KSU. Father: University College Dublin. Lady Friend: Case.

I did the Maryland/VA Civil War sites a couple of years ago: Antietem, Monocacy, Harper's Ferry, Wilderness, Manassas, Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania. (though I have not been to the Richmond/Petersburg/Appamattox sites)

1. What is the last product you purchased specifically because you liked their TV commercial? A brady quinn subway sanny!

2. Is there a Non-North American sports entity (team or whatever) that you have a rooting interest in? No, but if the CFL counted..go Riders

3. Do you believe Bin Laden is dead or alive?Don't care, the on the assumption that the next extremist will be more extreme then the last, Ill say alive

4. Where did you take your last vacation? What is your next vacation destination?NYC! Loved it..Next one is Maui

University of Saskatchewan in Canada..go Huskies

You got a smart kid there going to Duke, rated Top 25 nationally in academics. My daughter says she wants to go to college in North Carolina to a school with a good sports scene and sorority scene. I would like it if she went to Duke, but I don't know if she has the academic stones to make it, though, so far she is getting almost all As. (what kind of GPA/SAT/ACT scores did it take your son to get in there?)

He finished HS with a 4.0....I don't remember the SAT score 2280 ???...his ACT was 33.

My daughters were just as good....but she wanted Louisville...ended up following my footsteps and got her law degree.

then hell's eternal fire awaits you both. just kidding, my girlfriend is in her 1st semester at akron law.

LOL...tell her it gets easier as she progresses..first year is wash out year. Schools look to weed out those who can't hack it and thankfully don't wait until the end to do so...saves a lot of time, effort, and money.

He finished HS with a 4.0....I don't remember the SAT score 2280 ???...his ACT was 33.

My daughters were just as good....but she wanted Louisville...ended up following my footsteps and got her law degree.

That'll do it. High School GPAs are difficult to assess because of the "weighted system" used. My son had a 3.7 in a non-weighted system. ACT of 32 (both 32 and 33 are in about the top 1/2 of 1% taking that test). Not quite as high in SAT. If not for a problem with math he may have had a similar score. He didn't want to go too far away, plus he wanted a small school. That is why he chose Kenyon. (I asked him to consider Duke, Notre Dame, Cornell, but he said not interested....came down to Oberlin and Kenyon). Duke is rated like #10 best in US, Kenyon #22.

That'll do it. High School GPAs are difficult to assess because of the "weighted system" used. My son had a 3.7 in a non-weighted system. ACT of 32 (both 32 and 33 are in about the top 1/2 of 1% taking that test). Not quite as high in SAT. If not for a problem with math he may have had a similar score. He didn't want to go too far away, plus he wanted a small school. That is why he chose Kenyon. (I asked him to consider Duke, Notre Dame, Cornell, but he said not interested....came down to Oberlin and Kenyon). Duke is rated like #10 best in US, Kenyon #22.

It's all about that they want Gip, not what we want.

Sounds like yours are on the right track...congrats my man!

Harvard Law School is not quite as good as Cleveland St., but we will acknowledge that it has a mediocre reputation since they like to do movies there. (The Paper Chase, Legally Blonde)

And Tom Cruise was recently on campus, though that may or may not be considered a good thing. The Harvard Law Record did make some coins selling the pictures.

Bud Light Wheat

Chelsea- English Premier League Soccer

Dead

The Outer Banks, NC/Windsor, CA

Me- Currently Kent State. Mother- Kent State. Father- Maimi (Ohio). Stepfather- Akron University

Brownie Batter Blizzard at Dairy Queen

Not personally, but the guy in the room next to me (dorm) is a crazy Chelsea fan.

Alive. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist.

Never been. Anywhere I wish.

THE Ohio State University (myself, currently), Lima Tech (mom), Clark State (mom), Edison State (mom), ITT Tech (brother), Indiana (grandma)

1. What is the last product you purchased specifically because you liked their TV commercial? Gold

No

COMA

4. Where did you take your last vacation? Ohio What is your next vacation destination? Myrtle beach

Lubbock Christian, David Lipscomb, Baldwin Wallace, Ohio State, York, MCC Abilene Christian Piedmont CC & Cape Fear CC

Archived