THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets owe Browns a 2nd round pick?

DestinFunk

The Jets surrendered two draft picks for Sheppard - a fifth-round choice in the upcoming draft (2009) and a conditional pick in 2010 that could go as high as a second-rounder or as low as a fourth, depending largely on playing time. The Jets sweetened Sheppard's contract, giving him a four-year, $27.2 million extension through 2013. It kicks in next year, when he receives a $10 million signing bonus in March.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...l#ixzz0UR9PLXQZ

haha not really. i never really followed how those conditional picks worked at the end of the season. but if you could try explaining it i would like to figure it out. By the way how many picks have the browns stockpiled for next years draft?

oh wait. jets owe us a 3rd rounder. if the lito pick ends up being their sole third rounder. then they no longer have a 3rd rounder to give us, and we get a 2nd? Could they possibly grab another 3rd round pick via a trade to give to us so we dont get a 2nd rounder?

oh wait. jets owe us a 3rd rounder. if the lito pick ends up being their sole third rounder. then they no longer have a 3rd rounder to give us, and we get a 2nd? Could they possibly grab another 3rd round pick via a trade to give to us so we dont get a 2nd rounder?
It'd be at a different position if it was from a different team.

I do not have the rules..or the contract...i assume the rule is it would move up to their 2nd...that is the pick it is rumored to move up to based on braylons performance...so im not sure how well lito has to do to get up to the 2nd round pick...but even more interesting and im really reaching here...is lito gets them (eagles) the 2nd round pick and braylon hits the rumored escalators to make our trade a 2nd round...do we then get the 1st rounder?...haha

again all of this is very unlikely...but how nice would it be to get another 2nd rounder?...fill some holes quick!

Just read on a blog the NYJ could owe the browns a 2nd round pick if they owe the Eagles their 3rd round pick (that pick is conditional)

hmm lets dig deeper on this.

Our trade of Edwards was listed as a 3rd or as high as a 2nd...and this may be the reason for the condition. It may have nothing to do with how well Edwards plays but rather how the final deal on the Sheppard trade goes.

It sounds like Sheppard has already beat his 4th round pick requirements...now the Jets are just waiting to see who gets the 2nd and who gets the 3rd.

well that is what i am unclear about. If they were to say get another third rounder obviously at a different position. can that be given to us... or do we get their 2nd round? I dont really know the rules that go along with all that.

No, the trade for picks would be determined by what the Jets held when the trade was made. They can't trade for a 3rd rounder after the fact and say that is the pick you get.

Im gonna crack up when you realize we get nothing higher than a 4th rounder no matter what BE does. The draft pick is undisclosed just because pete king and adam shefter say it is a 3rd and 5th doesn't mean squat. Until I see the Browns FO say its a 2nd/3rd and 5th we got fleeced pure and simple! Oh wait we do have the mighty Stuckey and Trusnik lol...

Im gonna crack up when you realize we get nothing higher than a 4th rounder no matter what BE does. The draft pick is undisclosed just because pete king and adam shefter say it is a 3rd and 5th doesn't mean squat. Until I see the Browns FO say its a 2nd/3rd and 5th we got fleeced pure and simple! Oh wait we do have the mighty Stuckey and Trusnik lol...

The trade was for a 3rd or 2nd....4th isn't in the equation.

yeah we got fleeced.....sanchez targeted BE what...8 times? 4 were picked off....

one good monday night game for an entire season does not make him useful. he's too worried about his hair to practice his football skills.

yeah we got fleeced.....sanchez targeted BE what...8 times? 4 were picked off....

one good monday night game for an entire season does not make him useful. he's too worried about his hair to practice his football skills.

one of those picks hit braylon in both hands and it bounced off his helmet and over his head: something we've seen plenty of times.

found this

-"The conditional 2010 draft choice will be a second-round draft choice if Sheppard plays 85 percent of the season and receives the four-year extension."

part of that extension is a $10mil bonus due in march....so unless he plays at a pro-bowl level, he's not likely to hit those escalators. if butterfingers would decide to show up, he'd have a chance at netting us a second.....since it'll likely be there.

second-round draft choice if Sheppard plays 85 percent of the season and receives the four-year extension."

we are due a third for BE...what is the pick for lito if he doesn't get escalators a third? if that's the case and the third goes to the eagles what do we get?

second-round draft choice if Sheppard plays 85 percent of the season and receives the four-year extension."

we are due a third for BE...what is the pick for lito if he doesn't get escalators a third? if that's the case and the third goes to the eagles what do we get?

i read a fourth if he misses the escalators, but there is a way it could be a third iirc. i would assume that a small punishment would be administered by the league if you make a trade that you can't fulfill...ie, we'd get the second since the third went to the eagles. fault is on the jets, and we would still be entitled to our full value, or more (not less) of whats left of their picks.

thats a guess though, i'd have to dig a bit deeper...which i'll do a bit later.

Archived