THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's give up on these guys

The Gipper

Here are the stats of some guys that, apparently, given their propensity, the Browns should give up on:

Player 1: 5 career games played. 16 career catches. 278 career yards. -0- career TDs

Player 2: 2 career games played. 1 career catch. 23 career yards. -0- career TDs

Player 3: 2 career games played. 9 career runs. 15 career yards. -0- career TDs

Player 4: 4 career games played. 5 career tackles.

Player 5: 67 career games played. 25 career catches. 192 receiving yards. 1 receiving TD.

Player 6. 38 career games played. 138 career carries. 676 career yards. 1 rushing TD.

Player 7. 16 career games played. 13 career tackles. 1 caused fumble

Player 8: 7 career games played. 95 career completions. 963 career yards. 3 career TDs. 5 career ints. 11 sacks

Let me know if you think all of these guys should be dumped.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so as to promote the controversy:

Player 1 is Mohammed Massaquoi

Player 2 is Brian Robiskie

Player 3 is James Davis

Player 4 is Kaiuka Maiava

Player 5 is Josh Cribbs (I left out his rushing and special teams stats)

Player 6 is Jerome Harrison

Player 7 is Ahtya Rubin

Player 8 is Brady Quinn

GIPPER:

Not enough info.... you cannot just go by stats to make these decisions.. this seems like a suckers post..or you think people are dumb here or something. There are many more factors involved that the few stats you post up there when it comes to developing players and a team.

for example these are Elway's rookie stats when he was known as the 7mil dollar bust

123 completions 259 attempts 47.5 completion % 1,663 yards 6.4 yards per completion 7td's 14 int's..

Denver knows a young player struggles.. you cannot go just by stats. I am not saying we have any elways but just saying.. Jerry rice had the dropsies his rookie year and was terrible also

The point obviously is that you wouldn't give up on these rookies that have played in 4-5-2 games, yet a guy that has played in all of 7 games, S-E-V-E-N has already been completely judged, convicted, and sentenced. Why should we wait for the jury on these other guys. They are obviously no good and should be deleted, right?

How about this guy..... WORST in the NFL and Mangina loves him? Our team is doomed for years to come...

ATT CMP % Rt

108 48 44.4 506 4.69 43 2 6 6 41.7 127

FORTY-FOUR % !!!!!!

a FORTY-ONE rating !!!!???

And ignorant fools like ANTEARS or whatever the guy's name is still bends over and takes it for this guy.

The point obviously is that you wouldn't give up on these rookies that have played in 4-5-2 games, yet a guy that has played in all of 7 games, S-E-V-E-N has already been completely judged, convicted, and sentenced.

I think he was judged and convicted prior to ever playing at all. RAC knew he didn't have game. Mangini knew he didn't have game.

But the politics and pressure from fans such as yourself made putting him in there for some period of time a necessity.

His performance was exactly what myself, RAC, and Mangini expected. The purpose and intent was to quiet the maniacal Quinn fans. Yet still some of those fans linger, making Quinn's mere presence a hindrance.

How about this guy..... WORST in the NFL and Mangina loves him? Our team is doomed for years to come...

ATT CMP % Rt

108 48 44.4 506 4.69 43 2 6 6 41.7 127

FORTY-FOUR % !!!!!!

a FORTY-ONE rating !!!!???

And ignorant fools like ANTEARS or whatever the guy's name is still bends over and takes it for this guy.

Well, I don't know about that, but at least with DA he has had 35 career games, and has thrown 1035 passes in his career, and his is still a young career, but at least that seems to me to be a fair sampling to judge a player on somewhat. BQ, like I said, has had 7 games.

If anyone here thinks that 7 games is enough to judge a player's capabilities on, please raise your hand!

Even Charlie Frye got 21 games here with the Browns and over 560 pass attempts before they decided he wasn't going to make it here. Couldn't BQ, whom we used a first round pick on at least be given a similar opportunity?

Again, I am not here necessarily to blow BQs horn, its just that I have no freeking clue what this guy can or cannot do. Couldn't we at least give him the same opportunity we gave Charlie Frye? If he is lacking, so be it.

Twenty games for a first round QB pick. Is that so much to ask?

I think he was judged and convicted prior to ever playing at all. RAC knew he didn't have game. Mangini knew he didn't have game.

But the politics and pressure from fans such as yourself made putting him in there for some period of time a necessity.

His performance was exactly what myself, RAC, and Mangini expected. The purpose and intent was to quiet the maniacal Quinn fans. Yet still some of those fans linger, making Quinn's mere presence a hindrance.

How do you or any other motherf***er, including Mangini and Crennell tell if he has game? He hasn't been in enough

f(((ing games to tell. OK, in 2 of his seven games he lost to teams that now have a combined 12-0 record. He wasn't able to match up to that competition. Name me the players on this Cleveland Browns team that did hold their own in those games? Maybe Joe Thomas and that's about it. No one on defense. No skill players on offense.

How do you or any other motherf***er, including Mangini and Crennell tell if he has game? He hasn't been in enough

f(((ing games to tell. OK, in 2 of his seven games he lost to teams that now have a combined 12-0 record. He wasn't able to match up to that competition. Name me the players on this Cleveland Browns team that did hold their own in those games? Maybe Joe Thomas and that's about it. No one on defense. No skill players on offense.

In addition to his 7 regular season games he also played in 11 preseason games, starting 4. That's action in 18 games.

He's been the same dink n dunker the entire time. You know it. I know it.

Well, I don't know about that, but at least with DA he has had 35 career games, and has thrown 1035 passes in his career, and his is still a young career, but at least that seems to me to be a fair sampling to judge a player on somewhat. BQ, like I said, has had 7 games.

If anyone here thinks that 7 games is enough to judge a player's capabilities on, please raise your hand!

Even Charlie Frye got 21 games here with the Browns and over 560 pass attempts before they decided he wasn't going to make it here. Couldn't BQ, whom we used a first round pick on at least be given a similar opportunity?

Again, I am not here necessarily to blow BQs horn, its just that I have no freeking clue what this guy can or cannot do. Couldn't we at least give him the same opportunity we gave Charlie Frye? If he is lacking, so be it.

Charlie Frye was with the Browns for a SHORTER time than Quinn. It isn't all about the games played, there's a couple years of preseasons, a couple years of spring ball, a couple years of practice. Two coaching staffs have been reluctant to start Quinn long term, it could possibly be that after watching him for months in practice they just weren't sold on the kid. You''ve got "no freeking clue what this guy can or cannot do", but apparently the professional judges of talent feel they do.

I'm in agreement with you. Seven starts for a guy drafted in the first round? Has to be the quickest hook for a quarterback drafted that high in the history of the NFL.

Career 25 21 4-17-0 317 655 48.4 3666 14 2.1 36 5.5 83 5.6 3.6 11.6 146.6 50.0 65 377 4.6 2.7 9.0 3

I'll save you the suspense on the above stats- they belong to Ryan Leaf, arguably the biggest qb bust ever. 21 starts, 50 qb rating.

OH MR. MANGINI, THE P.O.S. QUARTERBACK YOU'RE TROTTING OUT THERE EVERY SUNDAY HAS WORSE STATS & MORE STARTS THAN RYAN LEAF, AND YOU EXPECT US TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS CRAP?

I'm in agreement with you. Seven starts for a guy drafted in the first round? Has to be the quickest hook for a quarterback drafted that high in the history of the NFL.

Career 25 21 4-17-0 317 655 48.4 3666 14 2.1 36 5.5 83 5.6 3.6 11.6 146.6 50.0 65 377 4.6 2.7 9.0 3

I'll save you the suspense on the above stats- they belong to Ryan Leaf, arguably the biggest qb bust ever. 21 starts, 50 qb rating.

OH MR. MANGINI, THE P.O.S. QUARTERBACK YOU'RE TROTTING OUT THERE EVERY SUNDAY HAS WORSE STATS & MORE STARTS THAN RYAN LEAF, AND YOU EXPECT US TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS CRAP?

The worst part is BQ is going to be worth nothing to trade..all because he rightfully wanted changes made in dumbolls offense..i will not stay with this team if the offensive playbook doesnt improve next year or if DA is still there..ive already had enough crap with the lerners bad ownership since they took over...

What POS QB are you talking about?

QB rating : Leaf 50.0 Anderson 71.0

% completions: Leaf 48.4 Anderson 53.5

YPA : Leaf 5.6 Anderson 6.5

TD/Int ratio: Leaf 14/36 Anderson 45/41

fumbles/fumbles lost: Leaf 24/12 Anderson 18/7

sacks: Leaf 65 Anderson 42

In what statistical category does Anderson have worse stats than Leaf?

GIPPER:

Not enough info.... you cannot just go by stats to make these decisions.. this seems like a suckers post..or you think people are dumb here or something. There are many more factors involved that the few stats you post up there when it comes to developing players and a team.

for example these are Elway's rookie stats when he was known as the 7mil dollar bust

123 completions 259 attempts 47.5 completion % 1,663 yards 6.4 yards per completion 7td's 14 int's..

Denver knows a young player struggles.. you cannot go just by stats. I am not saying we have any elways but just saying.. Jerry rice had the dropsies his rookie year and was terrible also

Well, I think you are making my point exactly. Clearly it was a facetious post about dumping guys who have barely gotten grass stains on their uniforms. The point is, the Broncos stuck with Elway, and gave him a chance. BQ has had 7 career games, 171 pass attempts, on which he has about a 60% completion rate or so. I am not saying he is Elway, But he should be given some kind of a chance to show what he has....or doesn't have.

In addition to his 7 regular season games he also played in 11 preseason games, starting 4. That's action in 18 games.

He's been the same dink n dunker the entire time. You know it. I know it.

So did Joe Montana, and Brian Sipe, and any number of other decent....winning, QBs.

Charlie Frye was with the Browns for a SHORTER time than Quinn. It isn't all about the games played, there's a couple years of preseasons, a couple years of spring ball, a couple years of practice. Two coaching staffs have been reluctant to start Quinn long term, it could possibly be that after watching him for months in practice they just weren't sold on the kid. You''ve got "no freeking clue what this guy can or cannot do", but apparently the professional judges of talent feel they do.

And those professional talent evaluators are the know all and be of everything, right? Remember, they work for the Browns who haven't been able to judge decent talent for 10 years. Besides, the professional talent evaluators told the Falcons that a kid they drafted couldn't make it, so he should be traded. His name was Favre, Brett Favre. Profesional talent evaluators on the Steelers some years ago said a kid named Unitas should be cut. Maybe Quinn is Unitas, maybe he is Mike Phipps, but at least Phipps got the opportunity to prove that he completely sucked. I am not convinced that Quinn is great, but neither am I convinced the other way either.

I just don't know. And NONE of you know. And the Browns don't know. And my point is that it is equally invalid to judge Quinn after 7 games as it is to judge Massaquoi or Robiskie after 4 or 5 games.

At least Leaf got 21 starts. Quinn has had only 6. One of the games Quinn appeared in was not a start.

What POS QB are you talking about?

QB rating : Leaf 50.0 Anderson 71.0

% completions: Leaf 48.4 Anderson 53.5

YPA : Leaf 5.6 Anderson 6.5

TD/Int ratio: Leaf 14/36 Anderson 45/41

fumbles/fumbles lost: Leaf 24/12 Anderson 18/7

sacks: Leaf 65 Anderson 42

In what statistical category does Anderson have worse stats than Leaf?

Quinn's career stats: 7 games played. 6 starts. 93 of 171. 54.4% completion rate. 963 yards. 3 TDs. 1.8% TD%

5 Ints. 2.9% int. rate. 5.6 yds/att. 64.5 Rating

11 sacks. 6.0% sack rate.

Compare DA: 35 games played. 27 starts. 554 of 1035. 53.5% completion rate. 6701 yards. 45 TDs. 4.3% TD %

41 Ints. 4.0% Int.%. 6.5 yds/att. 71.7 Rating

42 sacks. 3.9% sack rate.

Look, who knows what could happen. Niether if these guys have had quality careers to date.

All I want to know is if Quinn can be the next Brett Favre...or the next Ryan Leaf. And I don't know either way. I say give him 20 games...same as was give Leaf, same as was given Charlie Frye, to find out.

Brady Quinn sat on the bench for 2 years, he should have performed better than a rookie

Some would say he has performed as well or better than the 5 year veteran we have starting! When is that vet going to start performing better than a rookie?

Any QB, coach, whatever, will tell you that EXPERIENCE is a key to how a QB can perform.

I bet if you looked at Bernie Kosar's first 6 games as a starter, or Brian Sipes, their statistics would not be that much better.

Archived