THE BROWNS BOARD

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

admin

In all honesty, I am not sure. A good friend of mine who I met here 20 years ago in our quest to watch Browns games moved back to Cleveland 4 years ago...anyway, he stopped in the bar yesterday as he was visiting his mother who still lives here. Quite the surprise. We get together quite a bit when I go up for games, so we are planning to get together on that Saturday and am going to leave it up to him on where and what we do....as long as my butt is in front of a tv at 3pm.

His brother was also up and said something about heading to his house in Mentor for a big Italian shin-dig...lot's of guys named Mikey, Vinny, Tony, Frankie....you get the picture.

I think the best is we will meet up Sunday morning some time.

See you then

No problem, say hello to Mickey Blue Eyes for me and see you Sunday morning.

H

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday Nights the Cavs game. I will get back to you all on where we should meet, I'll rely on Ed for that part. If I were to suggest an establishment to meet at, I'd say let's meet at the Hard Rock Cafe (My buddy Dennis manages that place) prior to the game ... but hold off for now, that is not for sure.

Saturday, I'm a little unsure if we will even plan anything. Howard and G-man are taking in a little Blind Pig action. Mark is arriving in that afternoon ... I'm pussing out and would love to avoid a heavy day/night of drinking and then feel like shit through the entire 7-hour long tailgate party the next day. There also could be the possibility of attending the High School State Playoff game(s) in Canton (next to the Pro Football Hall of Fame), but if Mark thinks it is cold for Browns games, try the open-end venues of High School Football at night, it's 3x's colder! I'm leaning toward dinner, scoping Milf's, a few beers and in bed by midnight ... what most likely will happen is that I pick Mark up from airport, head straight to the Blind Pig, hit thirty bars downtown with the foreigners (Howie, G-man & Keith), pop bail by 6:00am, head home; shit & shower and be back to sacred Tailgate land by 9:18am.

Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm. I can pick-up anyone staying at the hotels in Middleburg Hts. My candy-Apple red Mini Van departs at 9:00am sharp! (unless HagII delays me with twenty stops for cigs, atm, burger king, laxatives, gas, hand/feet warmers, etc...)

I'm in. ;)

OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.

Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.

I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway. :)

OK, glad to say I'm officially in for the weekend- had some issues that needed to be resolved. Howie, (I haven't forgotten- was just really slow on getting around to it) also will have two DVDs of Browns games for you that recall happier times. The 51-0 blowout of the Steelers on opening day 1989 (it's missing about the first 5-10 minutes of the game- damn Bengal blackouts- but that look on Chuck Noll's face in the 4th quarter- priceless) , and the 1987 Browns Jets double overtime playoff game. By far the greatest football game I've ever actually been at- it was so memorable I refused to even look at a replay of the game for about 20 years until a guy from the Dayton Browns Backers gave me a tape of the game and insisted I watch it.

Unfortunately, can't get off work to take in the Cavs game Friday night, but I will be in town by Saturday afternoon for whatever festivities are going on. I think 'Peen has a good idea- sports bar with the Florida- Alabama game.

I won't be getting down to the tailgate bright and early- maybe 11AM or so- if you guys start hammering the Orange Stuff any earlier, you'll be passed out by the start of the first quarter anyway. :)

Hoorta, that sounds awesome, especially the DVDS! superb.

I'll PM you with my cell number so we can hook up.

Sunday, Anyone later to the tailgate than 9:20am is a soccer fan. Kick-off is at 4:05pm, we will head for the stadium from the tailgate party by 3:30pm.

I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

I think you know I come walking around the concrete abutments earlier than most. I wake up at 5am in my own bed....it's more like 3:45am when sleeping in a hotel. You want to get this thing rolling at 6 am, I am in.

I have a few dozen Muni lot buddies from another board and have regularly joined them before the sun makes it's way up.

I have done that the last few times up...hit the Muni early before it get's too wild, then walk over to your lot for the festivities....which I prefer to be honest...I just don't like the late start. If I am going to do it, I am going to do it big...

Gumbo (an old previous member here) and I use to get down there at like 6am and cook omlets for the homeless. I now have to tow the Hag and she slows me down ...

(Relax Francis, it's a 4pm kick-off)

I am as relaxed as they come..4pm starts give plenty of time for camaraderie..

If I am a little late, it means I got hung up saying good-by to Hooper and the gang.

I got it...I can take the train back...saves a lot of walking. It's a pretty good hike from the far end of the muni to the landing in the flats.

The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

The closer the weekend gets the more ready I am. It's a total trap game for the Chargers (trust me..they're already counting it as a win) and they're starting to talk out here about them being a 2 seed in the AFC.

I'm due for a win when I'm in the stands and it may as well happen in cold shitty conditions.

Zombo is going to be sorry he missed out on this one....

Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

Now that's what I like to hear MarkO, bring it on. I really do see this as the game we stick it to the haters across the league. I'm hoping for a blizzard on the opening kick off and a buffalo 07 style win. I know you are hoping it gets much colder too. Can't wait to meet you. It's a W for sure.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

Sorry to disappoint you guys but as of now temps will be around 34 with a nice breeze off the lake, not much of a chance for snow. Keep your feet warm and let the orange stuff take care of the rest. see ya this weekend

Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

I'm going shirtless ...

Haha... ahhh, predicting weather here for the weekend on Wednesday morning ... rrright.

There is as much chance that it will be 57-degrees or we get 6" of snow. But don't worry Mark, if you don't like the weather when you show up, just give it a halfhour to change.

I'm going shirtless ...

Now heres a scarey thought, how about all of us going shirtless with maybe BROWNSBOARD.COM on us jk

Sounds like a plan to me..

39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

That said...

Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

I hope it snows....I'm ready.

The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

39 and partly sunny also sounds good to me. I think I might be bringing to many clothes.

That said...

Hoorta...you had offered a warm type jacket or something that you had for a wimpy californian to borrow...would you mind bringing it with you to the tailgate on Sunday or we can see how the weather looks when it gets closer and the orange shit might do enough to keep me warm.

The Chargers are already counting this as a win...I heard this weeks game on the radio here called a bye week.

I usually pack a big duffle bag full of all sorts of clothes for all weather. I then step out into the tailgate party for the first few minutes to get a feel for what the temps are downtown and then decide my wear from there. Packing up the Candy-Apple-Red Chick Magnet in my driveway some days can feel pretty warm, but downtown is awhole different story.

I'll share some plastic shit with ya.

A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

A warm jacket is about the only thing I'm missing and I may not need it depending on the weather. I'm building up my cold weather gear supply. I even purchased long underwear today (no small feat in SoCal).

I'm not too worried about it...I'm sure I'll survive and if its cold...I'll just find a nice warm body to help me deal with the elements.

That's were Balpeen comes in to help. You'll be nice and toasty.

I think ballpeen is going to be busy with whichever hooters waitress he gives his extra ticket to.

Unless I'm taking his extra ticket...

Skippy?

Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

Yeah, if Ballpeen's ticket is still available, take him up on it. There should be enough open seats that we could all sit together.

By the fourth quarter, I'm predicting all 20- or whatever- of us will have no problem sitting together in Section 134 (50 yard line, lower deck).

Don't ask my prediction of the score at that point- you wouldn't like it.

That said...

I'm bringing that spare parka, and I'll drag along a bunch of other stuff that might come in handy Mark. :)

It is...I'll give it to him, but like I said, let me know so in a drunken moment I don't give it to some Hooter girl.

I guess I will just hold on to it. If he doesn't need it on Sunday, I can always stand next to your Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet and find a babe to give it to.....you don't mind if I lie and tell her that is my sweet ride do you?

UPDATED

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

TAILGATE GROUPS TEN YEAR ANNAVERSARY - TBB APPRECIATION WEEKEND

December 4th-6th, 2009

With Howard & G-man coming in from England, Keith from the UK and Mark from San Diego, we thought we would use the weekend of December 4th, 5th, & 6th for our Tailgate Party 10-yr Annaversary and TheBrownsBoards Appreciation party.

FRIDAY NIGHT 12/04/09, join us for a CAVS GAME:

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Chicago Bulls 8:00pm, Friday December 4th, 2009

We will be meeting prior to the game at the Hard Rock Cafe for drinks between 6:15pm & 7:15pm. Then head over to the Arena together to take-in the game from a corporate suite. Food & Spirits provided in the suite. (SOLD-OUT)

SATURDAY NIGHT 12/05/09, open for suggestions.

Idea’s:

* Cleveland's official Browns Backers Party at the Blind Pig from 6pm to 8pm.

* Get together for SEC Championship Game in Middleburg Hts./Berea area

* Attend the Ohio High School DI State Championship Game in Canton Ohio between Glenville & Hilliard Davidson.

* Dinner and a few drinks, chill for a relaxing night, calm before the storm.

Suggestions?

SUNDAY 12/06/09, Cleveland Browns Game Day

9:00am – Tailgate Party Kicks-off, with special celebration, revive old traditions, and fun

4:05pm – Browns vs San Diego Chargers

(Game Tickets secured on your own)

We are inviting all members to plan for this occasion.

Haven’t been in for one of our Tailgate Parties yet? Visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm (Main Tailgate Page)

For Hotel Lodging & Air/Ground transportation, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/thebrownsboard_hotel_directory.htm

Map & Directions: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Site.htm

Most other Q&A’s, visit: http://thebrownsboard.com/Tailgate%20Party%20QA.html

If you need any help with travel arrangements, please advise.

Bring the message board to life, meet the crew and many members. It makes the experience here that much better. Help Ed carry the 100lb grill … Drink Hoorta’s orange ‘blood of the Browns’ … Watch Zippy get arrested … See Skippy in his plastic diaper pants … Have a flaming Jello-shot … Watch Flugel do a beer bong while standing on his head … Watch the California homo (Marko) freeze his ass off in 30-degree weather … toss Don a cigar as he prepares the grub … Raunchy Christmas songs by Westside Steve(?) … and much, much more!

Browns%20Board%20Wk1%202008.jpg

Howie2.jpgthe%20browns%20board.jpgThe%20Browns%20Board%20Night%20Out2.jpg

It is...I'll give it to him, but like I said, let me know so in a drunken moment I don't give it to some Hooter girl.

I guess I will just hold on to it. If he doesn't need it on Sunday, I can always stand next to your Candy Apple Red Chick Magnet and find a babe to give it to.....you don't mind if I lie and tell her that is my sweet ride do you?

Sure you can borrow the Chick Magnet, how do you think Ed found a woman?

Archived