THE BROWNS BOARD

D'Qwell Jackson out for season

ballpeen

Browns lost best defender Jackson for season

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 20, 2009 5:43 PM ET

The Browns defense hasn't had much going for it the last few years, but they have had D'Qwell Jackson, a rock solid inside linebacker that racks up tackles.

Now they don't have him for the rest of 2009.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Browns placed Jackson on injured reserve Tuesday with a shoulder injury.

Jackson was third in the NFL in tackles with 59 and finished first in the league with 2008 with 154. Of course, playing on the Browns gives linebackers plenty of pad their numbers because teams are always running on them.

With Jackson out, don't expect that to change anytime soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...son-for-season/

Maybe now we'll at least get to see Veikune....to bad the trade window is shut otherwise im sure theres gotta be some Jet that Mangini would have brought across instead

Is it closed or open until 11:59 PM?? ;)

Browns lost best defender Jackson for season

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 20, 2009 5:43 PM ET

The Browns defense hasn't had much going for it the last few years, but they have had D'Qwell Jackson, a rock solid inside linebacker that racks up tackles.

Now they don't have him for the rest of 2009.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Browns placed Jackson on injured reserve Tuesday with a shoulder injury.

Jackson was third in the NFL in tackles with 59 and finished first in the league with 2008 with 154. Of course, playing on the Browns gives linebackers plenty of pad their numbers because teams are always running on them.

With Jackson out, don't expect that to change anytime soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...son-for-season/

SWEET!!!!

I LOVE CHEERING FOR THE BROWNS!!!!

That sucks! He's one of my favorite players to watch. He'd be even better if he had better players around him. Hopefully a few of those 11 draft picks pan out next year.

Doug

No team, & especially the Browns, can afford to lose a player like DQ, but I always tend to look for positives. The positive here is that we will most likely get to see some rookies get time to develop. I am a big Maiava fan & I think we may see a lot more of him. No matter who it is, there is nothing like game experience & I agree that with the season already down the drain, why not?

Mike

i like dq. he's not a superstar but a solid player. the thing that will be missed is his great form tackling. on a defense that can't tackle for crap, he was the only constant we had. if i had to teach a kid how to tackle i would have them look at video of dq. sure most of those tackles come 6-8 yards down field, but at least he could still make them.

hilarious. it just keeps getting better. it would make sense that Veikune would get tthe reps considering the depth chart but Maiava has actually made it to the field, and played quite a bit last week. maybe both then?

Ryan's slick enough to realize offenses will probably target that position now, and once you can anticipate what the O will do you have an advantage--whether the guys are rookies or not. they will run right at them until they can't or until it stops working, and Ryan should be ready for it. now whether they can actually stop it remains to be seen.

veikune isn't getting reps because he is going from a down lineman in college to a middle linebacker in the pros. the learning curve is huge and his head is spinning right now. i for one would like to see the linebacker we got the from the jets for braylon. he coudl end up being a decent outside line backer.

veikune isn't getting reps because he is going from a down lineman in college to a middle linebacker in the pros. the learning curve is huge and his head is spinning right now. i for one would like to see the linebacker we got the from the jets for braylon. he coudl end up being a decent outside line backer.

IMO: I am sick and tired of this training a down lineman to be an OLB.

These those guys are rare and cant be trained, it is a God given ability.

You either have it or You DONT.

Archived