Cliff Lee

Starts - 3

Innings - 24.1

Hits - 14

Walks - 3

Strikeouts - 20

ERA - 0.74

WHIP - 0.70

I'm obviously not questioning whether we'd be a better team with those guys still here.

It's just a matter of them being made into folk heroes while everyone is saying Dolan is too cheap and Shapiro always gets fleeced and they're the reason we're a bad franchise, when the fact remains they put together a World Series caliber team. If Cliff and CC pitched in 2007 like they're doing now, we would've won the title.

I'm not letting anyone off the hook, just trying to give a better perspective.

dear cc, thank you so much for not pitching like this two years ago when we needed you. you suck, fatso.

sincerely,

cleveland.

That's more like it.

And don't forget to thank ol' Cliff for pitching himself to Buffalo and watching the playoffs from home.

thanks-cleveland-lee-300x226.jpg

Dolan is the reason we can't win because he's too cheap to pay for anyone. We'll never field another dynasty team as long as he refuses to fork over some doughm, especially to pitchers.

I'll never understand how Travis Hafner got a big contract, but Kevin Millwood wasn't rewarded similarly...

We'll never field another dynasty team as long as he refuses to fork over some doughm, especially to pitchers.

I don't mean to chide, but it's kinda funny when one suggests we've *had* such a thing as a dynasty. We're one of two organizations in the history of modern baseball to never have back-to-back pennant winners and there's a portion of the audience reaching for the "another" tag while talking about the future. Gotta love Cleveland fans!

I'll never understand how Travis Hafner got a big contract, but Kevin Millwood wasn't rewarded similarly...

Huh. I'll agree that we'd like to have a huge do-over when it comes to Pronk, but you're the first person I've encountered who didn't understand why we didn't "reward" Millwood with a contract similar to the one given to Pronk. What exactly don't you understand about that?

Very curious.

Beanpot

yeah, I've thought a lot about how Lee wasn't on the playoff roster in 2007. He just wasn't playing good that year, who knows how he would have done in the post season. Too bad Lee didn't have his cy young year a season earlier. The Tribe would have won 109 games and this would be the second anniversary of their latest world championship.

Archived