THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Revolution board

Sez.EJ

Browns revolution.. I was just there and there was not a single member signed in.. There literally is nothing going on there. Your not missing a thing. I have looked at it two or three times... Seriously..there is nothing going on there.. I was never looking to jump ship..just curious. Besides, There are a couple guys who post there I am not even remotely interested in dealing with. I have dealt with their idiocy on this board in the past. I am not mentioning any names but thier initials are Rich and Ghoulie.. No thanks.. This board is the place to be...flaws and all.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude...all (good) boards have morons, trolls and inside cliques that are very high school...most of those guys are competitive about their post count and would rather talk with a few buds then conduct general discussion...

im glad this place has slimmed down on the constant drama as of late..im not sure what happened...but a bunch of people we have never heard from are actually posting! Maybe its because they can finally get a word in...

Thanks to everyone for digging up info on our team!

Heres a couple cents from me.

I don't think anybody can devote much attention when there are so many people posting on the same subject.

Serioulsly there really aren't that many varied opinions and it's controversy that gets the most emotion and responses.

I was invited to go look over some new board, I went but didn't sign up.

I don't expect I would.

Here's one reason.

I have been on a list that had a great deal of rancor so some of the guys on one side quit formed a new list and banned everybody from the opposing side.

From what I've seen im my recently limited perusal of TBB is that some guys want one or more of DAs big fans banned.

Since he wasn't they stomped off to a paradise without him and his ilk.

I've seen a lot of guys whose main concern is removing anybody they disagree with no matter what the subject.

Discussions between acolytes aren't all that much fun in my experience.

"XXX sho is the cat's meow ain't he?"

"You said it bro!"

"Yes indeed!"

"And how!!"

WSS

There are numerous other boards in operation. The old AOL boards are still operating if you want to nuzzle up to some of the biggest idiot Steeler trolls on earth. There is another board I frequent that is a "Browns board" but where we do a lot of trivia, which most people don't care for.....you all aren't as big a nerd as I am. And I am sure there are a variety of others. I think there is a "fans forum" on the Browns official website, plus probably one on NFL.com and numerous other places.

There are people I really like over there........and this site seems to have been a few new members appear over the past 2 weeks (like grinder) so I don't think anyone is going to be hurting. They are happy, this board is happy......so I guess it was a win win situation for everyone.

Anyways......these boards offer 2 different brands of football discussion. Regardless of what happened between whomever, I enjoy and respect both. It goes without question that I liked alot of the people that are here and went over there....and reading Browns topics that these people wrote (minus the slander) for the past 4/5 years.

Hopefully and maybe everyone can chose to just accept both.

I have been looking at both boards...with the limited time I now have due to work, I am posting less than ever before...but I am on BOTH!

I refuse to get into the he said she said stuff on either board...because there are excellent posters on both sites.

I still have no idea what actually occurred, but I can tell you that to me a Browns fan is a Browns fan and I will never bash anyone for their personal likes or opinions.

A lot of people seem to still think this was all about the QB situation...and while I know I said that I don't know what was at the root of the split, I can tell you that the QB situation WAS NOT IT!

Since the split, NEITHER board is jumping up and down proclaiming EITHER QB....so it tells me that there was some intentional antagonism going on...and no, I have no idea who was behind it or why....but suffice to say that it seems both boards are better off for it at this time.

I hope to be able to continue to post in both places, as I appreciate everyone's opinions and there is definitely a different 'style' between the two...so...

Enjoy! And thanks for keeping me around.

you guys don't get it alt all...99% of the guys over there don't want/think BQ is any good...they are just sick of everythread turning into a da vs BQ thread....CAUSE THEY BOTH SUCK ASS!!!

Lol, how many of the posts on this board now are about DA or BQ one maybe two the number has dropped significantly since they left. Not saying they were entirely at fault but I think everyone was to blame for the situation that was going on here.

you guys don't get it alt all...99% of the guys over there don't want/think BQ is any good...they are just sick of everythread turning into a da vs BQ thread....CAUSE THEY BOTH SUCK ASS!!!

Well, what it turned into was a couple of people trying to tell Stan who should stay and who should get banned. He and most of the mods got pretty tired of the name calling that was going on too. And we do (sort of) try and keep this board kid friendly- no need to be dropping F-bombs every sentence to make a point. I noticed Inspecta's a mod "over there" more power to him. :)

I will say this much, some of the posters "over there" got deleted for actively trying to recruit folks from this board to go over to the other board- using our PMs and e-mail to try and destroy this board.

Lol, how many of the posts on this board now are about DA or BQ one maybe two the number has dropped significantly since they left. Not saying they were entirely at fault but I think everyone was to blame for the situation that was going on here.

Actually, I think that is part of the problem we had here. If anyone started a post dissecting the issue on the QB, it turned into a name calling bash thread within seconds. So, the lack of posts about it just means nobody is willing to discuss them. Not saying one person or another is to blame for it...but if you can't even discuss a subject without it flaming out...and it is a MAJOR subject...it stops being fun.

There's an old saying we live by in the Flugel household:

"We're all here because we're not all there."

- Tom F.

That's scary funny Tom because it totally applys here and I can identify with that statement. Guess that's what makes family and friends. We can admit we're not all here and it doesn't bother us. :blink::huh:

Heidi

It's funny now. Same threads here, same over there. Both sides pissing and moaning about how bad the other board is.

One thing is for sure, having two "competing" boards will at least keep the mods/admins honest and less likely to be dicks.

That's fairly important, all the frustration is being generated by the massive suckage of your football team and that's not likely to get any better anytime soon.

Regards

.... an'at

Archived