THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs glad he's still in Cleveland

Mr. T

Cribbs glad he's still in Cleveland

Cleveland Browns wide receiver and kick returner Josh Cribbs is glad that he wasn't traded.

And Browns management listened to offers for him, but ultimately decided to hold onto one of their top performers.

"They want me," Cribbs told reporters. "They're really adamant about keeping me in a Cleveland Browns' uniform. That speaks volumes.

"A lot of teams wanted me, and they opted out of trading me. I've always said that I want to stay in this uniform. I'm glad to still be here. I'm going to make the best of it."

Cribbs would still like the Browns to adjust his contract.

Under contract through 2012, Cribbs isn't one of the higher-paid players at his position as he's signed to a team-friendly deal.

"I don't have a personal timetable," Cribbs said. "I'm just trying to move the process along as fast as I can. In talking with coach, I feel like we're making steps in the right direction to this point."

article

If they're smart, they'll pay the man after this season with a new contract. He's the key to their offensive woes. Get a bruiser for as a complementary back, upgrade the right side of the line, and follow the Miami plan for developing a solid run game. It will give them time to develop/find a long-term solution at QB.

Archived