THE BROWNS BOARD

Bryan Bulaga, OT

SiperBowl

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa. The 6'6", 312-pound junior (yeah, there are a lot of juniors on this list) has made a full recovery from an overblown thyroid problem and injury issues earlier in the season, and has very nearly regained the form that made him one of the top underclassmen on scouts' lists entering the season.

Bulaga is big, with quick feet and long arms, and he can sink his hips against speed rushes - that's pretty much all you need (along with a mean streak, of course) to become an elite NFL offensive tackle.

With a strong finish to the '09 campaign, Bulaga will cement himself as the top tackle available should he decide to leave Iowa a year early.

source

iowa_bryan_bulaga.jpg

is he a 1st round pick? if he is a second or third then definitely. we need to spend our first rounder on defense in my opinion.

I don't know where this kid would rank....but I look at it differently.

I am a BPA guy as a rule.....but if I had to identify a position of top need, it would be RT.

In my honest opinion a top RT would do more to impact the overall team, and specifically his side of the ball more than any singular defensive player would. Poor play on the right side of our line is limiting every other player on the offense, and really on defense as well.

Our inability to sustain some drives doesn't give the D much time to regroup. I am not so worried about the rest they get, I don't think it is that important until late in the game. I do worry about our coaching staff not having much time to look at some snapshots and then have the time to communicate the adjustments we might have to make. We seem like we are always having to do it on the fly, and when you do that, people miss assignments.

I am a BPA guy as a rule.....but if I had to identify a position of top need, it would be RT.

In my honest opinion a top RT would do more to impact the overall team, and specifically his side of the ball more than any singular defensive player would. Poor play on the right side of our line is limiting every other player on the offense, and really on defense as well.

Our inability to sustain some drives doesn't give the D much time to regroup. I am not so worried about the rest they get, I don't think it is that important until late in the game. I do worry about our coaching staff not having much time to look at some snapshots and then have the time to communicate the adjustments we might have to make. We seem like we are always having to do it on the fly, and when you do that, people miss assignments.

RT is a gaping need, but it's not higher than CB, S, LB and DE in my opinion. I don't think we should draft a single offensive player, other than QB and line. Let's make a defense that can compete with our division and then build the offense around the young players we alread have (Davis, Harrison, Robiskie, Massaquoi).

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa. The 6'6", 312-pound junior (yeah, there are a lot of juniors on this list) has made a full recovery from an overblown thyroid problem and injury issues earlier in the season, and has very nearly regained the form that made him one of the top underclassmen on scouts' lists entering the season.

Not based on what I've seen. Though Kirk Ferentz's Hawkeyes are having a great year, the play of their two supposedly NFL-caliber OT's has been pretty underwhelming, particularly in the last two games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bulaga returned to Iowa to rehabilitate his draft stock.

Gaping need??? QB ! Rt never in top 10 picks... we will have a top 5 pick...we already have a LT....for the $ the only two positions worth paying a top 5 pick is DE and QB!

Don't misunderstand my comment on the guy. It isn't that I am pimping him...it was more a comment on the position. Where we will be picking, Berry, a couple of DT's, maybe a corner come in to play...it all depends where we sit.

Bulaga would be a mid round selection at best...and as Alo mentioned, his stock may be dropping.

If I am going to pimp anyone, it would be Eric Berry..he is the best player in this draft and we will have to be at 3 at the latest...and that may be too late. With Bradfords question marks, it wouldn't even mildly shock me if Berry went #1.

IMO: If you need to pass you draft a LT, If you need to run you draft a RT.

Archived