THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns' Eric Wright uninjured in car accident

calfoxwc

Browns' Eric Wright uninjured in car accident

By Michael Sangiacomo

October 23, 2009, 8:40AM

wrightjpg-e13900fb53ec1491_small.jpgCleveland BrownsEric WrightCLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns defensive back Eric Wright was not injured early today when his car skidded off the entrance ramp of Interstate 490 westbound and flipped over.

Cleveland police said Wright, Browns No. 24, was southbound on Interstate 77 when he got on the ramp to Interstate 490 about 2:10 a.m. His silver Mercedes skidded on the wet highway and rolled over.

Police said he was examined at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland and released without treatment.

Police did not cite him in the accident.

Cleveland police said Wright, Browns No. 24, was southbound on Interstate 77 when he got on the ramp to Interstate 490 about 2:10 a.m.

2:10 am, huh? Well, I think we can all see what's coming next re: this story.

The good news is, there are currently very few players good enough to significantly harm this team if they become unavailable to us. Sean Rogers, Josh Cribbs, D'quell Jackson....wait, I guess we already lost DQ for the season...

Beat me to it Cal was bringing up the link so I could post it. Why wasn't he at least sited for failure to control. Seems fishy to me

You are right. All accidents in the state are supposed to have a person cited. I was cited because a deer ran into the side of my car. WTF. I guess $$ and fame can make a differnce

Well he didn't hit anything still, he slid and flipped over. Sounds familiar? Wonder if the did a BAC? If it was you or I they would have. He was obviously going to fast for conditions.

Not really. I almost wrecked when driving my Ford Ranger around a turn when it was wet. I was only going about 25-30 and it got pretty crazy.

His silver Mercedes skidded on the wet highway and rolled over. Police said he was examined at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland and released without treatment.

Wow.....he was pretty lucky to just walk out of the hospital after that one. I'm interested to read the story behind this one......

His silver Mercedes skidded on the wet highway and rolled over. Police said he was examined at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland and released without treatment.

Wow.....he was pretty lucky to just walk out of the hospital after that one. I'm interested to read the story behind this one......

Finally, a little bit of luck. Could have been killed. Yeah, those Mercedes engineers know how to protect people inside their cars in case of an accident.

Beat me to it Cal was bringing up the link so I could post it. Why wasn't he at least sited for failure to control. Seems fishy to me Skinny

Well, I was amazed it wasn't already there, you guys are so quick to post new stuff !

But I understand how the accident could happen...

You're in a hurry, you're tired, it's late, you want to get home, you're flying down the expressway, a deer breaks into a curved exit,

you are surprised, and you hit the unexpected curve, too, but you slip and go "flippety-flipplety" and all of a sudden you've had a car wreck.

Sounds to me like how McDonald plays football every so often... Maybe Wright was checking out McDonald's strategy..

What story? I'm sure he's not the first 24 year-old guy to drive too fast or recklessly and get into an accident. He's just driving a much more expensive car and has local celebrity status so we find out about it.

Did he mess up? Absolutely. Should he have used better judgement? Definitely. Did he probably learn his lesson by having his life flash in front of his eyes and luckily has another chance? That's my guess.

Don't prosecute this guy unless he messes up again. For now, I chalk this up to immaturity.

Ask yourselves how many times you got lucky while growing up and doing dumb things.

Somebody on the news apparently made the quip about Wright's accident:

"And yet, -another- Browns turnover..."

I wish I'd thought of that.

Archived