THE BROWNS BOARD

Friday 10/23 observations

The Gipper

Here are this weeks musings:

1. I almost had free tickets to go to only my second Browns game in the new stadium since the "return". A non profit that I am on the board of had 4 tix available, but by the time I e-mailed them back to say I might be interested someone else scarfed them up. I told them they owe me, but next time it had to be loge seats!

2. Think about what a tragic, boring year in sports this would be if the Yankees win the World Series. That would mean that all the garbage teams in the major sports would have won titles in the major sports: Steelers, Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Yankees. Can anyone think of a more wasted year in sports than to have that outcome? Hopefully either the Angels can come back and win this series, or the Phillies can open a can up in the World Series. Though the Phillies won last year, and I am always in favor of fresh blood winning a title, there are some exceptions: Yankees, Lakers, Steelers. (Penguins winning would have been palatable had not the Steelers gotten lucky and pulled the SB out of their ass)

3. Saw the movie Paranormal Activity. OK, guys and gals, here is my mini-review: It is a piece of shit. For further details see Westside Steve's review on this forum.

4. Speaking of the Yankees, here is hoping that C.C. Sabathia chokes for them the same way he choked for the Tribe and for Milwaukee. If all it took was extra money for him to perform in the postseason, that, to me, demonstrates something lacking in the man...though of course I know he didn't WANT to choke the prior 2 seasons, I don't see why that skunk should change his stripes now and perform well in the post season just because he took the Yankee cash.

5. Life can be tough sometimes. My sister lost her husband to an anyeurism about a month ago. He was the nicest, gentlest guy, and very young really. Only 60. In this day and age, that is too young to die.

6. But as I believe Elton John sang, there is that Great Circle of Life: my same sister just had her third grand child born this week.

7. Hot chick of the week: Ali Larter. Currently on Heroes. She was also in Legally Blonde, and in the first "Final Destination" movie I believe. Smokin'

Hey! What do you know! I just got called and told I do have two free tickets to the game!! Like I said, it will only be the second one I attend in the new stadium! The first one was the game the Browns played against the Patriots the first year old BB was their coach. I think the Browns won that game like 10-9 with Doug Pederson at QB!

I am thinking of taking my daughter to her first professional sporting event.

My seats for Sunday's game are Section 534, Row 31. How are those seats?

I LOVE those seats! You're near (or AT!) midfield, high up, but you can see the entire field & really see a play develop. WHEN I buy season tickets, I hope comparable seats will be available. You lucked out!

Take your Daughter. My first game at the new stadium was a pair of "nosebleed" tickets I won & I took youngest Daughter Maggie, who was a huge Tim Couch fan (his rookie year). We took binoculars & she had a fantastic day...she still talks about that game, even though she has been to others. Being a Dad, you will understand that her joy was worth FAR more than the game itself.

Have fun.

Mike

I LOVE those seats! You're near (or AT!) midfield, high up, but you can see the entire field & really see a play develop. WHEN I buy season tickets, I hope comparable seats will be available. You lucked out!

Take your Daughter. My first game at the new stadium was a pair of "nosebleed" tickets I won & I took youngest Daughter Maggie, who was a huge Tim Couch fan (his rookie year). We took binoculars & she had a fantastic day...she still talks about that game, even though she has been to others. Being a Dad, you will understand that her joy was worth FAR more than the game itself.

Have fun.

Mike

Thanks, yes, I had a great view of the entire field, and I could see that fiasco develop quite well thank you. But my daughter could not attend. Perhaps that was merciful....for her

Archived