THE BROWNS BOARD

Why did we release Dave Patten?

medicineman

Why does everyone seem to have a dinosaur fetish on this site.. Guys wanting Marvin Harrison, Gallaway, now Patten..how are those guys supposed to help the Browns in 2,3,4,5 years from now..think about it.. So you want our rookies and young guys sitting on the bench and learning nothing while these old dinosaurs earn their last paycheck.. Please...

Why does everyone seem to have a dinosaur fetish on this site.. Guys wanting Marvin Harrison, Gallaway, now Patten..how are those guys supposed to help the Browns in 2,3,4,5 years from now..think about it.. So you want our rookies and young guys sitting on the bench and learning nothing while these old dinosaurs earn their last paycheck.. Please...

No. We had Patten. We released him before the season started. I don't care how old the reciver is now. if they can CATCH the ball they are way better than what we have.

I think your missing the point of letting the young guys play.

I think everybody is missing the point. OUR RECIVERS CAN'T CATCH THE DAM BALL. Its sicking to watch this shit. Then even more sick the people saying Anderson throws the ball too hard!?!!?? And just letting the young guys play with nobody teaching them(not a coach) a vet player they will not get any better.

SezEJ Im not calling you out and no dis respect just sick of our guys looking lost.

I understand your frustration and I don't take it personally.. We all are frustrated.. With the QB situation, dropped passes, Big Roth throwing for 400+ yards and so on and so on.. .. fact is these guys on the team CAN catch the ball. Yes they did drop passes. Yes, there were a bad passes.. but we need to allow the young guys to stay in.. make mistakes, and also make plays..

A guy like patten is not going to be able to teach them anything furrey cannot teach them. Furry is a guy who caught over 100 balls in one season..so we do have that veteran on the team..

These (rookies) are the guys we are going to need the next 4-8 years.. bringing in someone like patten is merely a bandaid that in the long run does more harm than good because he would be taking reps and experiences away from our young players.

Archived