THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

OK, I gotta admit, I really don't know much about the 2009 Packers other than some names and reputations, so I had to do some research.

At Home, they beat the Bears and the Lions, but lost to the Bungles.

On the road, they beat the Rams but lost to the Vikings.

So beating the Bears in Green Bay is their only quality win ... hmm.

Their offense is 10th in yards and 8th in points ... playoff quality.

Their defense is 10th in yards and 9th in points ... again, playoff quality.

If they have weaknesses, it seems to be their rush defense and their rush offense.

Ryan Grant and his 3.8 yards per carry don’t scare anybody, so the key is to frustrate Aaron Rodgers with a sticky pass defense and a pass rush.

Which is how we played Buffalo ... and how we got torched by Pittsburgh.

Statistically they are just a better team than us by leaps and bounds. On our side ... home field advantage, our weekly "trap game" hope, and they had a pretty long injury list last week.

Seems to me that the ONLY way we beat them is to tap into an area that has been largely non-existent this season ... yes, the passing game. We need a huge game from Horseballs. One of those games where everything starts clicking early for the offense, Anderson gets his confidence, the crowd gets into it and ... the receivers actually catch his missiles.

What are the chances that happens? Let's look into the ol' Crystal Ball and see...

Green Bay at Cleveland 1 PM

The Browns dormant offense finally explodes at home. Utilizing an inside/outside running game of Harrison and Lewis well, the Browns open up passing lanes for Derek Anderson who finally has that big game they were hoping for when they switched commanders three weeks ago. Harrison logs over 100 rushing and receiving combined, MoMass has his biggest day as a pro and Brian Robiskie comes up with some key drive sustaining grabs. Defensively the Packers are able to move the ball, but a gambling secondary comes up with three turnovers and the Browns prevail in an exciting shootout at home. BROWNS 38 PACKERS 33

Minnesota at Pittsburgh 1 PM

The Steelers key early on Adrian Peterson and get burned by the Ageless One, as Brett Favre throws two first quarter TD bombs and the Vikings play keep-away and tough defense the rest of the way to hold on. After the game, Steeler kicker Jeff Reed assaults two women, farts in the face of an old man in a wheelchair, exposes himself to a midget, eats a baby and needs medical assistance after he has a three way with a rabid raccoon and a dead possum in Schenly Park. VIKINGS 20 STEELERS 14

Chicago at Cincinnati 4:15 PM

The Great Zomboni has had a good feel for the Cincitucky boys all season long, and this week is no exception: They get lambasted. Jay Cutler throws for 450 yards and 5 TDs before he finally pulled and Bengal fans finally get the message: "Holy Crap, We Suck Again!". Their next home game is blacked out and by season's end visiting teams have taken over the stadium as per usual. BEARS 45 BUNGLES 17

Zombo

OK, I gotta admit, I really don't know much about the 2009 Packers other than some names and reputations, so I had to do some research.

If they have weaknesses, it seems to be their rush defense and their rush offense.

Ryan Grant and his 3.8 yards per carry don’t scare anybody, so the key is to frustrate Aaron Rodgers with a sticky pass defense and a pass rush.

Statistically they are just a better team than us by leaps and bounds. On our side ... home field advantage, our weekly "trap game" hope, and they had a pretty long injury list last week.

Seems to me that the ONLY way we beat them is to tap into an area that has been largely non-existent this season ... yes, the passing game. We need a huge game from Horseballs. One of those games where everything starts clicking early for the offense, Anderson gets his confidence, the crowd gets into it and ... the receivers actually catch his missiles.

What are the chances that happens? Let's look into the ol' Crystal Ball and see...

The Browns dormant offense finally explodes at home. Utilizing an inside/outside running game of Harrison and Lewis well, the Browns open up passing lanes for Derek Anderson who finally has that big game they were hoping for when they switched commanders three weeks ago. Harrison logs over 100 rushing and receiving combined, MoMass has his biggest day as a pro and Brian Robiskie comes up with some key drive sustaining grabs. Defensively the Packers are able to move the ball, but a gambling secondary comes up with three turnovers and the Browns prevail in an exciting shootout at home. BROWNS 38 PACKERS 33

The Steelers key early on Adrian Peterson and get burned by the Ageless One, as Brett Favre throws two first quarter TD bombs and the Vikings play keep-away and tough defense the rest of the way to hold on. After the game, Steeler kicker Jeff Reed assaults two women, farts in the face of an old man in a wheelchair, exposes himself to a midget, eats a baby and needs medical assistance after he has a three way with a rabid raccoon and a dead possum in Schenly Park. VIKINGS 20 STEELERS 14

The Great Zomboni has had a good feel for the Cincitucky boys all season long, and this week is no exception: They get lambasted. Jay Cutler throws for 450 yards and 5 TDs before he finally pulled and Bengal fans finally get the message: "Holy Crap, We Suck Again!". Their next home game is blacked out and by season's end visiting teams have taken over the stadium as per usual. BEARS 45 BUNGLES 17

Zombo

i LOVE Reading Zombo`s Fiction !!!

Zippy, you didn't need to do research, I already posted all of these stats and info about the Packers.

Iit's a total trap game for them. We are going to control some clock with the run game, and get some big turnovers by blitzing their weakass OL.

We got this one.

Harrison is sick with the flu last time I checked, and even if he dresses we will still use Lewis most of the time because Daboll is an idiot.

You have much more faith on MoMass than I do, zippy.

I think the biggest keys of this game are continued use of the WildDawg and Robiski... because Robo seems to be the only WR with dependable hands at this point, and only because we havn't seen him drop yet. (I like furrey too but he isnt seeing much action) Oh, and please bench Stone Hands Royal.

Defesivly we need to rush the passer and aggresivly so that rodgers doesnt have time to throw. His O-line is just decent and he takes a while to get the ball off. We can't rely on our secondary to save us. We need to get the QB.

Zombo

NICE Work ... You are a very Funny author though !!

Zippy, you didn't need to do research, I already posted all of these stats and info about the Packers.

Iit's a total trap game for them. We are going to control some clock with the run game, and get some big turnovers by blitzing their weakass OL.

We got this one.

Trap game ?? What flavor Kool~Aid do you guys Drink ??

Funny You calling ME a Dumbass.... And could be the New Improved CHOCOLATE Kool~Aid !!!

Actually, i said it was a dumb ass question. I never called you a dumb ass. You really need to learn to read. But hey the Steelers are better then the Browns......so that makes you the smartest person on the planet. Good for you.

I heard he got a contract to write a comedy fiction book, but after reading today's chapter they pulled the plug.....they said "there's not a human being alive who would accept this"

Dude just loves his team.........what the hell is wrong with that?

Actually, i said it was a dumb ass question. I never called you a dumb ass. You really need to learn to read. But hey the Steelers are better then the Browns......so that makes you the smartest person on the planet. Good for you.

I didnt say that... And Its the SAME DAMN thing dude. I am not saying I know everything. But to go into this week GREEN BAY a and have Any inclination the Brows could win , is Sipping Kool~Aid. You guys outta organize and March on the Browns Offices. Asking them what the HELL are you doing. Why is DA your QB. It makes NO Sense... this season is done. Play Quinn the rest of the season and see what youve got !! The Kid got what 3 games !!! ??? Amazing !!

Archived