THE BROWNS BOARD

Rolling Blackouts

Silverback

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...g-in-cleveland/

Blackouts coming in Cleveland?

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 24, 2009 4:30 PM ET

Since their rebirth as a franchise in 1999, the Cleveland Browns have never had a local TV blackout.

That could change soon.

The Browns' home game tomorrow against the Packers is already sold out, as is the Dec. 10 game against the Steelers. So those two games will be televised locally.

But the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the team has no plans to slash ticket prices, and tickets are still available for Cleveland's four other remaining home games -- against the Ravens on Nov. 16, the Chargers Dec. 6, the Raiders Dec. 27 and the Jaguars Jan. 3.

The Ravens game -- a traditional rivalry against the franchise that moved out of Cleveland -- might still sell out. But it's hard to see why fans would flock to the stadium to see the Browns play the Chargers, Raiders or Jaguars -- three games likely to feature two teams already eliminated from playoff contention, playing in bad weather.

And so the new Cleveland Browns franchise may experience something that the old Cleveland Browns franchise experienced regularly: A game in front of a less-than-full stadium, and no local TV audience.

:rolleyes:

sorry to burst his bubble but all of our games will be televised, i assure you that.

How can every game not be sold out before the season even starts??? I don't get it? Reading this board I keep hearing about some great fan base? I know that I have been on the season ticket waiting list for my team since 1995. I get a letter in the mail that gives me instructions on how to buy game tickets for the year. I have to call in at 10 am on a Saturday before the season to try and get a single ticket to a game. The entire season is sold out in a matter of minutes and I've been shut out completely online and on the phone the last two years because there were so many calls coming in I couldn't get through in time. I can't remember a time when every seat for the season wasn't gone the first day tickets were on sale here.

So why would there be tickets to over half of your home games still available well into the season? I thought these types of problems only happened in bad NFL markets like Jacksonville and San Diego??? Why don't you guys want to support your team? Does the NFL need to move it again???

How can every game not be sold out before the season even starts??? I don't get it? Reading this board I keep hearing about some great fan base? I know that I have been on the season ticket waiting list for my team since 1995. I get a letter in the mail that gives me instructions on how to buy game tickets for the year. I have to call in at 10 am on a Saturday before the season to try and get a single ticket to a game. The entire season is sold out in a matter of minutes and I've been shut out completely online and on the phone the last two years because there were so many calls coming in I couldn't get through in time. I can't remember a time when every seat for the season wasn't gone the first day tickets were on sale here.

So why would there be tickets to over half of your home games still available well into the season? I thought these types of problems only happened in bad NFL markets like Jacksonville and San Diego??? Why don't you guys want to support your team? Does the NFL need to move it again???

did you ever stop to think maybe we are trying to send randy lerner a message? i'm going to guess that you don't think about much considering your previous posts. the only way to get lerner to listen is to hit him where it counts: in his wallet. if we don't sell out a few games (which won't happen considering we have 3 weeks until our next home game) maybe he will stop acting like an asshole and start making good decisions the fans want; not just ones he likes.

Pittsburgh has one of the smallest modern day open air stadiums. It was built small because any bump in the road will result in a non-sellout.

Cleveland built one of the larger new stadiums, to accomodate their fan base. A non sell-out of a franchise that has put up 10 horrible seasons after screwing the fans of football and their legacy can be expected as it sends a message to the owner.

I on the other hand, not only re-upped my season tickets, I upgraded them this season. I'll see every one of those games in question.

Archived