THE BROWNS BOARD

DEREK ANDERSON IS BENCHED

TheClevelandSound

Every week since Mangini has made the switch from Brady Quinn to Derek Anderson, he has been asked in the post game press conferences this question:

"Do you think you will go back to Brady Quinn next week?"

His response for the past 4 weeks has been:

"No, Derek Anderson is giving us offensive production and I am sticking by my decision".

WHEN ASKED A HALF HOUR AGO THE ABOVE QUESTION, MANGINI RESPONDED WITH THIS ANSWER:

"I will review the numbers of Derek Anderson this week and will make my decision based off of that"

Unless Mangini is a complete idiot and was never taught mathematics, Brady Quinn WILL BE the starter come next Sunday @ Chicago. Mark my words. And his.

Every week since Mangini has made the switch from Brady Quinn to Derek Anderson, he has been asked in the post game press conferences this question:

"Do you think you will go back to Brady Quinn next week?"

His response for the past 4 weeks has been:

"No, Derek Anderson is giving us offensive production and I am sticking by my decision".

WHEN ASKED A HALF HOUR AGO THE ABOVE QUESTION, MANGINI RESPONDED WITH THIS ANSWER:

"I will review the numbers of Derek Anderson this week and will make my decision based off of that"

Unless Mangini is a complete idiot and was never taught mathematics, Brady Quinn WILL BE the starter come next Sunday @ Chicago. Mark my words. And his.

or ratlifff.

wonder if BQ's house will be "too big" if he starts next week.

RAC was a goof; but Mangini is a complete tool....Anderson will be in there I am sure; why not he gives us a 'spark'

Is your comment referring to Mangini's handling of the QB situation or Mangini in general?

No question the QB switch has not worked, but what has on this offense? There is absolutely no talent there now that Edwards and Winslow are gone. Lewis is finished. Massaquoi isn't there yet. No tight end. No quarterback. No nothing.I would rather see Quinn in control of this mess. We have GOT to see what he's worth before the end of the season.

As a whole, I can't see how anybody is blaming Mangini for this mess. He did turn over half the roster, but did so with an eye on the future. The guys he brought in are not long-term solutions. I'm sure he knows this. He didn't give away talent for nothing. We do have picks coming. Obviously, this makes it paramount to hit on those choices. If we screw those up, then, yeah, Mangini is a tool.

But for crying out loud, people, stop blaming the coach. WE HAVE NO PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. I challenge any coach in the league to get five/six wins out of this group. They're rotten, plain and simple.

But for crying out loud, people, stop blaming the coach. WE HAVE NO PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM. I challenge any coach in the league to get five/six wins out of this group. They're rotten, plain and simple.

I agree. It is simple. Before each game compare the Browns starters at each position and without bias who would you take. Add up the numbers and you can then decide whether the browns should compete in that game or possibly win that game.

I would guess that there would be three or four starters from the browns that the packers would like to have: Rogers, Thomas, and MAYBE Steinbach and maybe vickers. What other current starters would you take a browns player over the starter for the Packers?

I think it makes more sense to throw DA to the wolves next week in Chicago, then install BQ as the starter in the Bye week. The problem with that is that you have Baltimore at home the following week, and that's a D that neither QB can handle. Oh yes, and waiting another week ensures, I think, that Quinn doesn't get his bonus.

Hopefully Mangini has fully evaluated DA at this point and realizes that he should be cut after the year. They can use that 7.4M salary in total next year for better things.

I agree. It is simple. Before each game compare the Browns starters at each position and without bias who would you take. Add up the numbers and you can then decide whether the browns should compete in that game or possibly win that game.

I would guess that there would be three or four starters from the browns that the packers would like to have: Rogers, Thomas, and MAYBE Steinbach and maybe vickers. What other current starters would you take a browns player over the starter for the Packers?

All you have to do is look within the division.

QB: Roethlisberger, Palmer, Flacco, Anderson.

RB: Parker, Rice, Benson, Lewis

WRs: Ward/Holmes, Mason/Clayton, Johnson/Coles, Massaquoi/?

TE: Miller, Heap, Coffman/Coats, Heiden

LBs: Woodley/Farrior/Harrison, Lewis/Suggs, Maualuga/Hodge, Barton/Jackson

CBs: Ratliff/Taylor, Joseph/Hall, Washington/Foxworth, Wright/McDonald

Safety: Polamalu, Reed, Ndukwe, Pool

DE: Keisel/Smith, Odom/Geathers, Edwards/Pryce, Smith/Coleman

Of these positions, we are clearly last in talent in all of them. And it's not even close on QB, RB, WR, LB, and Safety. Those are the sobering facts. We HAVE to draft better the next two years to have any chance of closing the gap within the next four or five seasons.

Archived