THE BROWNS BOARD

This is Beyond Bad-Mangini Is The Problem

Sony Reed

People this is the NFL and these guys are paid professionals, this team looks like a expansion team.

This offense is NOT NFL CALIBER...It looks like a High School offense and I can't believe these players are that bad, these are guys that were star players in High School and College this is all on this coaching staff.

We have a inexperienced offensive coordinator who is handpicked by Mangini so that Mangini can control him, Mangini would not hire a experienced OC because he has fears the OC would not run a offense to Mangini's liking.

Eric Mangini is a control freak who has destroyed this team, everyone here wanted Romeo gone, now I would bet most would want Romeo back after watching this crap that Mangini puts on the field every week.

I know it won't happen but if Randy Lerner knew anything about how the NFL is run he would can this entire coaching staff at the end of the season

People keep saying give Mangini a chance and lets see what he does with the draft, this team has so many holes how do people really think the draft can fix this mess, out of a good draft if you get 2 starters you are lucky and after the 2nd round its a crap shot so it does not matter who we draft the draft is not going to fix this team. Knowing Mangini if he is here we will most likely trade down again a draft a few specials team standouts in college.

I have no confidence in this regime and I was anti Eric Mangini when he was hired and he has shown me NOTHING but being a control freak, we don't even have a true GM all Kokinis is, is a puppet for Mangini and does what Mangini tells him to do.

Tell me what free agents other than ex Jets would want to come here with this pathetic of a team

I hear people make the excuse that Mangini had 2 winning season with the Jets, his first season playing a 4th place schedule ( Like the Browns in 2007) Mangini went 10-6, the next season he went 4-12 playing a real schedule and then last year the front office spent close to 80 Million signing free agent and getting Brett Farve and the great Mangini CHOKED down the stretch, so tell me Mangini fans what has this SNITCH ever done but snitch on Bill Belichek.

Compare the browns offensive starters to the bengals starters. How many of the browns would play for the bengals right now? IF the number is less than six talent is the biggest issue. MoMass and Robo will become good but they don't compare to the bengals receivers right now.

Would we have a better offense with the Warrior and Edwards? Probably, but neither of them wanted to be here. You can't build a team with your leaders being malcontents

People this is the NFL and these guys are paid professionals, this team looks like a expansion team.

This offense is NOT NFL CALIBER...It looks like a High School offense and I can't believe these players are that bad, these are guys that were star players in High School and College this is all on this coaching staff.

We have a inexperienced offensive coordinator who is handpicked by Mangini so that Mangini can control him, Mangini would not hire a experienced OC because he has fears the OC would not run a offense to Mangini's liking.

Eric Mangini is a control freak who has destroyed this team, everyone here wanted Romeo gone, now I would bet most would want Romeo back after watching this crap that Mangini puts on the field every week.

I know it won't happen but if Randy Lerner knew anything about how the NFL is run he would can this entire coaching staff at the end of the season

People keep saying give Mangini a chance and lets see what he does with the draft, this team has so many holes how do people really think the draft can fix this mess, out of a good draft if you get 2 starters you are lucky and after the 2nd round its a crap shot so it does not matter who we draft the draft is not going to fix this team. Knowing Mangini if he is here we will most likely trade down again a draft a few specials team standouts in college.

I have no confidence in this regime and I was anti Eric Mangini when he was hired and he has shown me NOTHING but being a control freak, we don't even have a true GM all Kokinis is, is a puppet for Mangini and does what Mangini tells him to do.

Tell me what free agents other than ex Jets would want to come here with this pathetic of a team

I hear people make the excuse that Mangini had 2 winning season with the Jets, his first season playing a 4th place schedule ( Like the Browns in 2007) Mangini went 10-6, the next season he went 4-12 playing a real schedule and then last year the front office spent close to 80 Million signing free agent and getting Brett Farve and the great Mangini CHOKED down the stretch, so tell me Mangini fans what has this SNITCH ever done but snitch on Bill Belichek.

Sony,

With all due respect, what the hell are you trying to say?

You say that this team has "so many holes" that there's no way that a draft can "fix this team." You are making the claim that this team is terrible, yet want to blame Mangini for it. Huh?

Sony, Vince Lombardi as head coach with Bill Belichick calling the D and Bill Walsh calling the O couldn't make this current team a playoff threat. They. Have. No. Talent.

I agree with you about Daboll. I have my doubts, too. But what "established" OC could we have had? The only ones I can think of are the guys who are currently out of football with TV gigs (Mariucci, Gruden, etc.) and they would have no interest in committing career suicide by putting their future into the hands of DA or an unproven BQ.

Goodness, Mangini has coached six games. SIX. In every game we have played teams with superior talent. Every single one. And I have news for you. We will be playing teams with superior talent every week until we run into Kansas City.

I understand your frustration. I'm with you there. But for crying out loud, Mangini is the least of our concerns right now.

Sony,

With all due respect, what the hell are you trying to say?

You say that this team has "so many holes" that there's no way that a draft can "fix this team." You are making the claim that this team is terrible, yet want to blame Mangini for it. Huh?

Sony, Vince Lombardi as head coach with Bill Belichick calling the D and Bill Walsh calling the O couldn't make this current team a playoff threat. They. Have. No. Talent.

I agree with you about Daboll. I have my doubts, too. But what "established" OC could we have had? The only ones I can think of are the guys who are currently out of football with TV gigs (Mariucci, Gruden, etc.) and they would have no interest in committing career suicide by putting their future into the hands of DA or an unproven BQ.

Goodness, Mangini has coached six games. SIX. In every game we have played teams with superior talent. Every single one. And I have news for you. We will be playing teams with superior talent every week until we run into Kansas City.

I understand your frustration. I'm with you there. But for crying out loud, Mangini is the least of our concerns right now.

Yes there are hole on this team but tell me who is the person that created these holes....That my friend is Mangini

This team has some talent but the talent is not being utilized correctly, examples tell me why we have to watch Jamal tip toe every week to gain 2 yards?

Who is responsible for the Floyd Womacks and John St. Clair?

Who brought in all these ex Jet players who have made little to no contributions to this team

Daboll is here because Mangini can control him, Mangini wants a power running game Ha Ha Ha, and to control the clock, only thing we don't have the players for the type of team and offense Mangini wants to run, everybody got on RAC but if I had a choice today I would rather have RAC, at least until injuries crippled the team last year we were in games this year we are toast midway into the 3rd quarter.

Look at the players we have given away and got nothing in return, thats all on Mangini

What about last years draft makes you think Mangini is going to turn this team around thru the draft, we have a top 5 pick and trade it away for a extra pick in round 2, a center and 6th round draft choice that a joke just like this team has become

Also its not like we are losing playing a bunch of kids, we are losing playing veterans like Barton, Coleman, Bowens, Elam, Robaire Smith, Pool, Rogers,Wimbley I don't see any rookes getting torched on defense and the oline is all veterans the only position we are young at is wide receivers and look at the routes called for the receivers I don't care who the receivers are they are not being put in the position to succeed and thats this coaching staff, I thought the staff with RAC was bad but this is just ridiculous. and I won't get started on the quarterbacks

We have a offense that can't score unless its on a return I have seen some High School offenses look better than the Browns

Compare the browns offensive starters to the bengals starters. How many of the browns would play for the bengals right now? IF the number is less than six talent is the biggest issue. MoMass and Robo will become good but they don't compare to the bengals receivers right now.

Would we have a better offense with the Warrior and Edwards? Probably, but neither of them wanted to be here. You can't build a team with your leaders being malcontents

OK I will say that only Steinbach and Joe Thomas would start for the Bengals but no NFL team should look like this on offense

Brian Daboll should be calling plays as much as you or I, I can call 2 runs up the middle and pass on 3rd down

This team looks like a expansion team

Have you ever seen a offense this bad in Pro Football? I guess that comes from running so many laps in training camp

I do agree that this looks like an expansion team but Mangini inherited most of this mess, he didn't create it. I do agree that the O line hasn't worked well on the right side.

Everyone is just as frustrated but I honestly think that Mangini and Kokinis know what is required to fix the problems.

I'm unsure about Daboll, many times it is hard to know if the problem is execution or play calling. If some of the plays had been executed better daboll looks like a genius.

None of the guys Mangini brought in are long-term fixes. They're not. If those guys are starting four years from now, then we've got serious problems, no question.

But look at who they replaced. They've all replaced guys that weren't very good to begin with.

Bowens replaced Shaun Smith. 'Nuff said.

Barton replaced Andra Davis.

Elam replaced Sean Jones.

St. Clair replaced Shaffer.

Womack hasn't replaced anybody. He's in there because Hadnot is/was injured.

Position by position, this is a rebuilding project. We just don't have many keepers from the prior regime. Thomas, Wimbley, and Wright. That's about it. So that's three bona fide starters from a four-year prior regime that Mangini inherited. Five if you count Winslow and Edwards, who unfortunately weren't toeing the line.

We have 11 picks in next year's draft. Blame Mangini and Kokinis if and when those guys go belly-up. But wait until then. For now, please face reality. We just don't have the players to win in this league. Especially not against the teams we've played the first seven weeks (Pit, Bal, Cincy, GB, Denver, Min).

Archived