THE BROWNS BOARD

There's NOT just 1 Scapegoat

Flugel

Folks,

If our problem was 1 simple fix - I MIGHT buy into "fire the Coach" or "bench the QB." I think we all try to convince ourselves it's just 1 simple fix so the end of the problems is near. Truth is Savage was SOOOOOOOO bad - we're venting our anger and frustration at those that had nothing to do with his 4 year resume in Cleveland.

When DA's agent said "my client is available for higher wages than the Browns are paying him" we got 0 takers. Do I blame Mankok for that? How? That being the case, commmon sense says we KEEP Quinn and hope he starts. Guess who got the first 3 starts? By week 3, I had seen enough.

Now for the deck our new regime was handed. Remember, to TRADE someone - you gotta have market value in the first place or you get 31 no thank you's.

The Savage plan was Trent Doofus, Charlie Frye on Deck, DA in the hole and Quinn in the draft. I've heard alot of "fire the OC" chants during this time and "the oline sucks" complaints.

Want to know what the worst part of the Savage plan was?

We only had 4 draft picks heading into the 2009 draft

That wasn't gonna get reversed overnight while the Jets are 1-2 since Edwards arrived and Tampa hasn't won a game since committing to Winslow. DIVAS don't win games - TEAMS do.

Since Savage didn't hire himself - a BIG part of our problem has been the owner who's getting richer while many of us can't even buy 1 jersey without trusting the expiration date on that sucker.

Anyway - I was hoping the Lerner family was here for all the right reasons - now I question if they are HERE at all. We shouldn't look worse than 1999 11 years into their ownership. Try to think about WHO really is the problem the next time your convinced we're all set the day we fire Daboll or Mangini.

- Tom F.

DA is as much a pawn in this massacre of browns football and fan trust as BQ is..the real blame is on randy lerner and even mangini who does lerners biddings..this guy has no right to own an nfl team let alone the cleveland browns...what a trainwreck..

The best thing the Lerners have done, is try to kill some of these poser-players with staph infection and viral flu. That was an innovated tactic that I'd like to see more of.

Well, Bentley wasn't exactly a poser. It's still amazing the number of players that got MERSA, despite the best efforts of Cleveland Clinic's Epidemiology Department to figure out where it was coming from.

Folks,

If our problem was 1 simple fix - I MIGHT buy into "fire the Coach" or "bench the QB." I think we all try to convince ourselves it's just 1 simple fix so the end of the problems is near. Truth is Savage was SOOOOOOOO bad - we're venting our anger and frustration at those that had nothing to do with his 4 year resume in Cleveland.

When DA's agent said "my client is available for higher wages than the Browns are paying him" we got 0 takers. Do I blame Mankok for that? How? That being the case, commmon sense says we KEEP Quinn and hope he starts. Guess who got the first 3 starts? By week 3, I had seen enough.

Now for the deck our new regime was handed. Remember, to TRADE someone - you gotta have market value in the first place or you get 31 no thank you's.

The Savage plan was Trent Doofus, Charlie Frye on Deck, DA in the hole and Quinn in the draft. I've heard alot of "fire the OC" chants during this time and "the oline sucks" complaints.

Want to know what the worst part of the Savage plan was?

We only had 4 draft picks heading into the 2009 draft

That wasn't gonna get reversed overnight while the Jets are 1-2 since Edwards arrived and Tampa hasn't won a game since committing to Winslow. DIVAS don't win games - TEAMS do.

Since Savage didn't hire himself - a BIG part of our problem has been the owner who's getting richer while many of us can't even buy 1 jersey without trusting the expiration date on that sucker.

Anyway - I was hoping the Lerner family was here for all the right reasons - now I question if they are HERE at all. We shouldn't look worse than 1999 11 years into their ownership. Try to think about WHO really is the problem the next time your convinced we're all set the day we fire Daboll or Mangini.

- Tom F.

I can agree with a lot of what you're saying, but a lot of blame needs to be placed on the OC. You just don't run the ball and expect to pick up a first down on 3rd and 15...He doesn't even use our best weapon (cribbs) effectively! Daboll needs to get his head out of his ass or else I will be hopping on the fire Daboll ship. Mangini, however, has my patience. I am willing to give him some time to draft and get his players in here before I call for his head

The best thing the Lerners have done, is try to kill some of these poser-players with staph infection and viral flu. That was an innovated tactic that I'd like to see more of.

That's FREAKIN hilarious! I needed a laugh like this today.

It would figure Randy's a hero in a country/sport where men wear skirts. At what point does the NFL look at what that family has done to a proud tradition?

Here we are - we lose one of the only Pro Bowl defenders we've had in 11 years (Jamir Miller) to a torn achilles and all the NFL Commmish wants to do is make sure Pittsburgh gets compensated with additional compensational draft picks when Joey Porter, Plex Burress and Earl Holmes are getting replaced with All Pros. Seriously, EVERY draft someone in that front office makes sure they get additional compensation picks at the end of various rounds. Pay attention to this - this year.

When I think that Calvin Hill from Yale and our very own Cardiac Kids could have bought this team with an idea of HOW you win football games - I keep looking at an owner that doesn't know whether to shit or wynde his wrist watch. Sell this FREAKIN team if you'd rather be sky-diving or hanging out in England. Does he really think he's doing us a favor when I can't even buy a current jersey I trust that will last? I wish it was just 1 QB or 1 OC to pin this all on but folks, who was BEATING either GB corner yesterday at all? Right now, Ray Charles could sing the national anthem and outrush Jamal behind this line. END the Jamal thing already - he's a fraction of who he was.

Just venting folks - sorry!

- Tom F.

That's FREAKIN hilarious! I needed a laugh like this today.

It would figure Randy's a hero in a country/sport where men wear skirts. At what point does the NFL look at what that family has done to a proud tradition?

Here we are - we lose one of the only Pro Bowl defenders we've had in 11 years (Jamir Miller) to a torn achilles and all the NFL Commmish wants to do is make sure Pittsburgh gets compensated with additional compensational draft picks when Joey Porter, Plex Burress and Earl Holmes are getting replaced with All Pros. Seriously, EVERY draft someone in that front office makes sure they get additional compensation picks at the end of various rounds. Pay attention to this - this year.

When I think that Calvin Hill from Yale and our very own Cardiac Kids could have bought this team with an idea of HOW you win football games - I keep looking at an owner that doesn't know whether to shit or wynde his wrist watch. Sell this FREAKIN team if you'd rather be sky-diving or hanging out in England. Does he really think he's doing us a favor when I can't even buy a current jersey I trust that will last? I wish it was just 1 QB or 1 OC to pin this all on but folks, who was BEATING either GB corner yesterday at all? Right now, Ray Charles could sing the national anthem and outrush Jamal behind this line. END the Jamal thing already - he's a fraction of who he was.

Just venting folks - sorry!

- Tom F.

Good stuff Flugs Savage definitely left us a mess. I do think Cribbs was banged up so Daboll was instructed to not utilize him, but it's not like they've had a clue how to utilize one of the best players in the game yet. It's not the fault of the QB's right now, but DA sucks badly.

Berns was on Reghi today and he said our receivers couldn't even get into their routes from the man domination GB was running with their corners. Pretty sad to think our talent level is that bad right now. Let's just say they were all flu ridden, that's sounds better.

BTW Flugs, thanks for donating to Sandy, much appreciated bud.

Archived