THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday 10/26

The Gipper

Again, more diversion from the Fiascos, errr, the Browns, though one question does deal with them. Just give your opinions on these questions: We will start out with that Browns question, or maybe we should call them the Ecrus, because they bear only little resemblence to the team I grew up knowing:

1. As I mentioned, I attended yesterday's game, the first I have gone to in about 8 years: How often do you attend a Browns game live?

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who? They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer)

3. What is your favorite band of all time (not solo act)? I know it may be tough to boil it down to one.

4. Do you have any "love" for the Columbus BlueJackets NHL team, i.e. do you consider them "Cleveland's NHL team"?

5. What is your favorite current running TV program? (and if you want to give your all time favorite, that is fine as well)

Again, more diversion from the Fiascos, errr, the Browns, though one question does deal with them. Just give your opinions on these questions: We will start out with that Browns question, or maybe we should call them the Ecrus, because they bear only little resemblence to the team I grew up knowing:

As per usual, I will attempt to be first to answer my own questions:

1. As I mentioned, I attended yesterday's game, the first I have gone to in about 8 years: How often do you attend a Browns game live?

At this point, it is about once every decade for me. I went yesterday, once in 2001, and I can't remember the last one before that...sometime in the 80s I think.

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who? They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer)

There is no one that I know that attended Norton H.S. that would be known to the general public....unless you count Westside Steve who has a movie review forum on these boards. Does he count?

3. What is your favorite band of all time (not solo act)? I know it may be tough to boil it down to one.

Those Pesky Garden Blighters aka Beatles

4. Do you have any "love" for the Columbus BlueJackets NHL team, i.e. do you consider them "Cleveland's NHL team"?

Vaguely. If I run across them playing on FoxSports I may watch a couple of minutes. I guess if they went deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs I might pay more attention. If I were a fan at all, I would certainly be a fair weathered one.

5. What is your favorite current running TV program? (and if you want to give your all time favorite, that is fine as well)

When I can find it: History Detectives on PBS. Mainstream: Heroes

1. This was my first in several years. I used to come "home" to Cleveland for Christmas or Thanksgiving and see a game while I was here every year. Now that my kids are grown, they want to come "home" to South Carolina for the holidays so I don't get up here that often.

(therefore my tickets are often available ... and at face value!)

2. I don't really know. Off the top of my head, one of the four kids killed at Kent State back in the days of peace protests was in my graduation class. (LHS Class of '68)

3. Currently, Dave Matthews Band. Back in the day: Moody Blues or Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

4. I don't really follow hockey. Which will really steam the people I am trampling in the fantasy hockey league.

5. I went through a phase where I could watch Law and Order any version any day of the week. Now I usually just watch Top Chef or Project Runway or The Office. Given a choice, I'd watch a movie or sports on tv ... usually while crocheting or working a crossword puzzle. Oh, and Antiques Roadshow.

Once last year to the Bills. You couldn't give me tickets this year.

Jim Leyritz and I think the dude from the Cars (not Rick Okasik). There are also a couple more famous people no one would ever of heard of. My sister used to hang with Trent Resnor and Rich Patrick of Filter, least to say Trent Resnor was and will always be the biggest asshole on earth.

The Beatles (there are so many though).

No

Seinfeld (p.s. the guy who played Bizarro Kramer, the tall guy from Mad TV is from my high school as well).

Once a year. This year none.

Not to my knowledge.

The Doors.

Don't like Hockey.

Seinfeld.

Once last year to the Bills. You couldn't give me tickets this year.

Jim Leyritz and I think the dude from the Cars (not Rick Okasik). There are also a couple more famous people no one would ever of heard of. My sister used to hang with Trent Resnor and Rich Patrick of Filter, least to say Trent Resnor was and will always be the biggest asshole on earth.

Just curious: there are "famous people no one ever heard of"? Isn't that an oxymoron?

The Beatles (there are so many though).

No

Seinfeld (p.s. the guy who played Bizarro Kramer, the tall guy from Mad TV is from my high school as well).

Seinfeld isn't quite current, is it.

Once or twice a year

Well...Revere High School. So Jeffery Dahmer. And Andy McCollum (Starting Center for Rams and Lions for 14 years)

MUSHROOMHEAD

Yes they are way better than rooting for the redwings or penguins

The Simpsons

Sir...I graduated from Revere High School last year. Thats crazy. Very small world.

1. As I mentioned, I attended yesterday's game, the first I have gone to in about 8 years: How often do you attend a Browns game live?[/color] at least 2 a year and i will be getting season tickets next year.

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who? They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer). not really. we had some computer hackers 5 years ago that changed grades but that's about it. and jaime bosley, the ohio state bball player who got kicked out for stealing car radios. he then went to akron. i went to jackson high school outside of canton/massil-tucky.

3. What is your favorite band of all time (not solo act)? I know it may be tough to boil it down to one. the eagles.

4. Do you have any "love" for the Columbus BlueJackets NHL team, i.e. do you consider them "Cleveland's NHL team"? no

5. What is your favorite current running TV program? (and if you want to give your all time favorite, that is fine as well)either rescue me, it's always sunny in philadelphia or the office. seinfeld sucks and only has one funny episode: the ugly baby one. my favorite show ever is boy meets world..

2005 at cleveland municipal stadium vs the stoolers

2006 at cincy

just a few semi-famous

black sabbath especially the dio years

no

probably stargate universe..

Come on gipper how about favorite forbidden foods! hehehehe ;)

being a poor college student I'm lucky if I make 1 game a season

Michael Stanley from 98.5 wncx

too hard to choose...so I'll list three: Green Day, Zeppelin, Rush

not a hockey fan although I watched and cheered for them during the playoffs

The Office

Sir...I graduated from Revere High School last year. Thats crazy. Very small world.

I am not from Revere, but when I thought of the "famous" question, I started thinking about neighboring schools to the Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton area that I am from and when I got to Revere ole Jeffy's boy was the first name to pop up.

My kids went to Wadsworth HS, and perhaps the most famous person who went there is George W. Bush's favorite baseball player: Scott Fletcher. (Current MLB pitcher Andy Sonnanstine who appeared in last year's WS with the TB Rays is also from there. Also, Astronaut Michael Foreman of the US Space Shuttle Endeavour is from there.)

1. I have only ever been to 2 Browns games, at Tennessee in 2001 ( I think) where we won in the last few seconds as Dennis Northcutt recovered an on-sides kick from Phil Dawson where he kicked it to the other side and he grabbed it on the side-line two toes in.... and Atlanta in 2007 when Charlie Frye beat the Falcons with Mike Vick...

2. Frank Wycheck's daughter? ha

3. Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

4. Na, being from TN I root for the Predators

5. Oooo.... tough call between South Park/Heroes/ The Office

Maybe one a year.

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who?

Westside Steve.

They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer)

Beatles.

Elvis Costello and the Attractions. Or EC and the Bacharach band.

Not much.

I'd trade the Cavs to Columbus and rename the NHL team the Barons.

Sons Of Anarchy.

Entourage.

WSS

I try to get up once or twice a year, but missed last year.

There is no one remotely famous from my High School. Except The Great Zomboni, the on-line football betting guru.

Stones.

No. I root for the Original Six. Minus the Rangers.

Munsters

1. As I mentioned, I attended yesterday's game, the first I have gone to in about 8 years: How often do you attend a Browns game live? I have never attended a browns game.

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who? They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer) There is Justin Miller, former New york Jets and current Oakland Raiders.

I don't know.

No

Sportscenter.

lol no she is actually from Firestone High School. My aunt was in her graduating class. She is best friends with her and I just ate dinner with her about a month ago.

OK, she graduated from Firestone, but Angie grew up in Wadsworth. She attended the elementary school where my wife works and even came back there to talk to the kids there.....but, I believe she was wearing a little more clothing at that time than you see here. (How was she dressed for dinner?)

As for Firestone, of course you have Chrissy Hynde from there. (is that where you went?)

Once or twice a year... Whenever my friend gets tickets. We have sixth row seats.

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who?

Joe Jurevicius, Ricky Stanzi

Pink Floyd

I guess if I wanted to root for a team, I'd root for them. Unfortunately, they're usually on when the Cavs are, so I get pissed when I see them.

Lost

OK, she graduated from Firestone, but Angie grew up in Wadsworth. She attended the elementary school where my wife works and even came back there to talk to the kids there.....but, I believe she was wearing a little more clothing at that time than you see here. (How was she dressed for dinner?)

As for Firestone, of course you have Chrissy Hynde from there. (is that where you went?)

No I went to Revere like I said before. She was well covered at dinner ;) and I dont mean to brag by any measure but I know Chrissy personally too. I could search my email (it might take awhile) but ive got a pic of me and her. Our really good family friend is a chef and he started his own restaurant in downtown Akron with Chrissy called Vegiterranian. She is a very nice person. Sorta odd tho. Has to be the drugs.

Lost

I LOVE "Lost." I forgot about it because it's not currently on. I rented the seasons one at a time and watched from start to finish. It was great fun.

No I went to Revere like I said before. She was well covered at dinner ;) and I dont mean to brag by any measure but I know Chrissy personally too. I could search my email (it might take awhile) but ive got a pic of me and her. Our really good family friend is a chef and he started his own restaurant in downtown Akron with Chrissy called Vegiterranian. She is a very nice person. Sorta odd tho. Has to be the drugs.

Yes, I have eaten there. Good Portabella

last game...Dec 07..Browns beat Buffalo 3-0 in the blizzard...coldest i have ever been

the Griffins (archie, ray and others) attended our top rival high school...watched them play each falll

the who

no love at all for nhl

rescue me

I've tried to make it to one game a year...but it's a long trip and cost is a factor this year and as mentioned in the other thread....its tough to justify the cost to watch a team this dismal.

Most famous that I can come up with is Sal Aunesse, who played QB at Colorado and tragically died of stomach cancer at 20 years old and now his son also plays for Colorado. Google the name and it's an amazing story.

Dont' really have one..

Not really

I'm guessing you're talking about regular TV show and Sportscenter doesn't count. I don't really have a favorite show...I watch a few different things but there aren't many that I have to see. I am really enjoying the 30 for 30 movies that ESPN is doing.

Archived