THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday 10/26

The Gipper

I LOVE "Lost." I forgot about it because it's not currently on. I rented the seasons one at a time and watched from start to finish. It was great fun.

I enjoy watching Lost but it pisses me off because it's so frustrating. I'm starting to like Flash Forward as well.

Again, more diversion from the Fiascos, errr, the Browns, though one question does deal with them. Just give your opinions on these questions: We will start out with that Browns question, or maybe we should call them the Ecrus, because they bear only little resemblence to the team I grew up knowing:

1. As I mentioned, I attended yesterday's game, the first I have gone to in about 8 years: How often do you attend a Browns game live?

I was flying up from florida every year for about 4 years home opener..and they lost all but one i think so i quit that tradition..ill go back up when they prove they can compete...could be awhile :) but ive never attended a browns board tail gate....

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who? They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer)

no..little lordstown high school has nada.,. but where i live in florida the high school produced danny wuerffal and recently glen coffee

3. What is your favorite band of all time (not solo act)? I know it may be tough to boil it down to one. that is very tough but im going with The red hot chili peppers over led zeppelin...

4. Do you have any "love" for the Columbus BlueJackets NHL team, i.e. do you consider them "Cleveland's NHL team"? i claim them as my team..but i still could care less about hockey..ive tried to care

5. What is your favorite current running TV program? (and if you want to give your all time favorite, that is fine as well)

Dexter is pretty amazing..and honestly the new sitcom modern family with ed o'neil (youngstown ohio) is pretty damn good....all time fav Sanford & son.

Again, more diversion from the Fiascos, errr, the Browns, though one question does deal with them. Just give your opinions on these questions: We will start out with that Browns question, or maybe we should call them the Ecrus, because they bear only little resemblence to the team I grew up knowing:

1. As I mentioned, I attended yesterday's game, the first I have gone to in about 8 years: How often do you attend a Browns game live?

For as long as I have been a fan, since early 80's and when I was introduced to football as a child, I've been to one game at the new stadium. That's it. I'm kind of embarrassed about that since I consider myself a big fan.

2. Has anyone famous (or infamous) attended your high school? Who? They need not have attended while you were there, just at any point. (I say infamous because I have in mind neighboring Revere H.S. whose most famous alum is probably Jeffrey Dahmer)

Nope. Yet when my football team in high school made it to the state finals in 93, we got a letter from Kosar congratulating us and giving us a pep talk through the letter. Pretty high time for me.

3. What is your favorite band of all time (not solo act)? I know it may be tough to boil it down to one.

Just one? It's a toss up between the Smashing Pumpkins and 311. But my music background is of a wide variety.

4. Do you have any "love" for the Columbus BlueJackets NHL team, i.e. do you consider them "Cleveland's NHL team"?

Yes I do. Helps that I've been playing hockey now for almost 10 yrs now and I really enjoy watching that team specifically.

5. What is your favorite current running TV program? (and if you want to give your all time favorite, that is fine as well)

Current fav TV show would have to be Family Guy. But my all time fav is Faulty Towers from the BBC.

3. What is your favorite band of all time (not solo act)? I know it may be tough to boil it down to one.

4. Do you have any "love" for the Columbus BlueJackets NHL team, i.e. do you consider them "Cleveland's NHL team"?

#1 Season ticket holder, at least three or more games every year.

#2 A couple of guys you may have heard of- Chuck Noll, & Tom Weiskopff. Noll even went to my college Alma Mater- the University of

Dayton.

#3 Band? Pink Floyd, but I like Hendrix better. Clapton & Neil Young rate up there too.

#4 Nope, both me & the wifie are Red Wings fans.

#5 None current. If you've been able to decipher my screen name, it would be pretty easy to figure out the answer to that one is Star Trek.

Every Home Game. I think I've missed three in the past ten years.

I just found out recently that the curly hair guy of the Alltel geeks attended Mentor High School.

Pink Floyd

No.

I really don't watch TV. The kids have it on, the wife watches reality TV, but I watch sporting events and glance at the tube occasionally while the family is watching.

4-5 games a year I make the trek up from Tennessee.

Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond....Rays wife)

She is much younger than I

Beatles, with George Strait a close 2nd.

No

Don't watch much TV as in a show...The last TV show I watched more than a few times was Frazier...so I will go with that

Don't watch much TV as in a show...The last TV show I watched more than a few times was Frazier...so I will go with that

Dude that was like 20 years ago. That's like saying the last show I watched was Chips. I know you still have your Farrah Fawcett poster up with the worn down nipples. I think you still swear it came in scratch and sniff.

Dude that was like 20 years ago. That's like saying the last show I watched was Chips. I know you still have your Farrah Fawcett poster up with the worn down nipples. I think you still swear it came in scratch and sniff.

Like I said, I don't find much use for TV shows...i watch news, sports, movies, and documentaries.

Never did watch Charlies Angles, so Farrah wasn't in the mix.

Guest 88fingerslewy

1/ Every game going on 4 yrs now.

2/ No one famous

3/ Pink Floyd

4/ Yes, I like the Blue Jackets. Saw them play Montreal in Columbus after the Broncos game last year. Fans were terrific, neighbors all asked us what we thought of Nationwide arena. Top shelf, first class. Jackets will be good for a long time. They have a top 10 goalie (which is key) and one of the best forwards in hockey. (Rick Nash). They made the playoffs last year and I'm hoping they do it again this year. They play in a beautiful city, and although everyone knows it's really a Buckeye sports town, they still love love their hockey down there. So, yes; I'm a fan of the Jackets....only if they're not playing Montreal.

5/ Rescue Me with Denis Leary....the dialogue is brilliant

1. One game per year right now until I win the green card lottery. I come over once per year to tailgate with the good folks from this board and to see my beloved Browns, yes I still ove them. It's a 8,000 mile round trip but worth it, even when we lose. It's a recent thing for me and G-Man (also on this board occasionally!) starting in 2007 when we beat the Seahawks in OT, what a game. Contrasted with the loss to the Texans last November - 8,000 miles is a long trip for two field goals. I'm glad I couldn't make the Greenbay game. Back in December for a late rally against the Chargers, lol.

2. No one at all famous that I can think of.

3. Fave band is The Black Keys from Akron Ohio. I have seen them in the UK 5 or 6 times, I love those two guys - pefect music in my book.

4. Just getting in to Hockey, maybe I should chose them as my NHL10 team on the Xbox

5. Curb your enthusiasm - my wife thinks I am Larry David.

Thanks for the diversion Gipper, much needed.

Just behind Jimmy Buffet. I would punch either one in the face if the chance came.

That is very sad man.. Elvis is not for everyone that i understand...but he is a great songwriter...as far as buffet?...ha punch away..i live in florida an its a freakfest for him year round...but i do give credit to a guy that has people meet in his honor around the country to get drunk and play his cds..kind of a cult really...margarita cult that is.

so Kosar let us know what kind of tunes you like then?

1. I saw last year's Browns win in Jacksonville. The last game before that was in Municipal Stadium around '84 or '85 when the Browns blocked a PAT to keep it close in a 41-21 loss to the Bungles. I wish I could go to more games and I want to check out the new stadium some time next year.

2. My HS is small, I think the Jr High and HS combined is only like 250 people and to my knowledge no one famous.

3. All time band? Tough one but I gotta go with Led Zep.

4. I haven't lived in Ohio in over 20 years so I never followed them, I always liked the Blackhawks and I am old enough to remember the awful Cleveland Barons.

5. I don't watch a lot of network TV but I like Heroes and a couple of other similar shows.

That is very sad man.. Elvis is not for everyone that i understand...but he is a great songwriter...as far as buffet?...ha punch away..i live in florida an its a freakfest for him year round...but i do give credit to a guy that has people meet in his honor around the country to get drunk and play his cds..kind of a cult really...margarita cult that is.

so Kosar let us know what kind of tunes you like then?

The White Stripes, Radiohead, Beatles, The Black Keys, The Stones, Cold War Kids, The Stone Roses, Oasis, Weezer, The Clash, The Misfits, Old Metallica, Queens of the Stoneage, Cake, Bob Dillon, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Flaming Lips, Jimmy, Ben Folds, Ben Harper, The Dead, The Beastie Boys, Floyd, CCR, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Elvis (the Vegas Years), The Pixies, Modest Mouse, Pete Bjorn, The Shins, The Mic Hawks, Mule, MGMT, James Brown, Queen, Beck, The Kooks, Blind Melon, Nirvana, Spoon.

They are in no particular order.

Really? Elvis Costello deserves to be punched in the face, but Blind Melon rocks? Was it the cute little "Bee Girl" that drew you in?

Zombo

You apparently haven't listened to any other song besides the "Bee girl song", figures, it on the radio for you. And yes, the hack Jazz wanna be deserves a punch in the face.

You apparently haven't listened to any other song besides the "Bee girl song", figures, it on the radio for you. And yes, the hack Jazz wanna be deserves a punch in the face.

SLow down now Kosar...while i do not find Blind Melon very good some of the others you listed are great...and even though i work in radio i do not limit myself to the cookie cutter playlist that it requires..

I drove to the middle of a field in Tenn to hang with a bunch of dirty hippies (not my thing) to watch Radiohead...it was great!...you know what was better?..Costello then Beck played before them...

RAWK!

and see i think the "real" Elvis sucks ass..

ESPN did a feature on Sal Aunese's son who is now a backup QB with LSU.

That's right...I messed it up..he's not at Colorado..he's at LSU with Les Miles who was part of the staff at CU when his dad played there. The dude was an amazing athelete. Very sad story.

Archived