THE BROWNS BOARD

The hard-luck life of a Cleveland Browns Fan

TN Browns Backer

I love it:

5. Because one day I'll be able to say, "No more Derek Anderson. Ever." Incidentally, this day cannot possibly come soon enough. It also should not be confused with the organization's stance on Brady Quinn: "No more Brady Quinn. Ever. Because a subpar performance by a third-year QB who's little more than a rookie in terms of experience -- with tenuous coaching staff support after a protracted, unnecessary and unrealistic preseason position competition -- against two currently undefeated juggernauts and three of the top defenses in the league is enough to convince us that there's absolutely no way the kid can play, and we are smart, smart peop … ooooooh look, a squirrel!"

Im not sure if someone already posted this, but I couldnt find it anywhere the past few days so hopefully not... its so true though

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

Good read ... anyone of us could have been the basis for that article.

The part that just makes ya ill though is just how far away we are from ever eradicating all that heart-break. I don't think we want some bought-over-night Super Bowl win either (See: Florida Marlins World Series win). We want a team we are well connected to, watched grow before our eyes and become dominate in a win. That would suffice all past failure.

I know a lot of you can't see it this way but ........... "this is a business" and until Randy Lerner sees a half filled stadium for three weeks in a row, he will never change his "business management" of the Cleveland Browns. He lines his pockets every Sunday at the expense of those of you who go to the games to see a bad product.

It wouldn't even surprise me if he laughs about it! "Look at how much money I make without even trying to produce a winner....they go to the games, they buy the $11 beers and $8 hot dogs, they buy the jerseys.....maybe I should fire Mangini and get someone cheaper"

Yea I agree from the standpoint that ownership is terrible, but at the same time I dont think Lerner is going to start cutting more corners, his name is at stake with the franchise an any good businessman knows that reputation is just as important as the success of the business. If that wasnt the case, businesses would not donate to charities, make enviromental steps that cost the money ect.

Anyways, that is the only article I have ever read that has actually touched what its truely like to be a browns fan, even if it is espn haha.

Archived