THE BROWNS BOARD

Its not the coaching..

mopaji

Sure. Derek Anderson can get as hot as any quarterback in football. When you've got an arm like that, it snaps into place once in a while and you get some fireworks. He's just never been able to keep it consistently.

More to the point, Derek Anderson's highs are very high. He's just never been able to mitigate his lows. On any given Sunday, if he gets it going, Derek Anderson can out duel any quarterback in football. The problem with Derek has always been... that a bad day is a really bad day. When Peyton Manning has a bad day he goes 14 for 29 for 162 a TD and a pick. When Derek goes bad, he goes 9 for 35 for 85 yards and 3 picks.

It's just his game.

Some argue that it's a function of big quarterbacks... that they're more prone to mechanical breakdowns. It's hard saying. I know this, when he starts getting his feet going the wrong way, and starts arming the ball, people start dropping passes. Should they catch them? Probably. But you'll see a lot of guys that look handcuffed by his throws. And I can't tell you why.

What's worse is he's got a lot of guys dropping balls that are on time and on target (or at least near-enough on target). And that's hard on the psyche. Derek's a confidence quarterback. And when he's unsure, he's inaccurate. And Derek's inaccurate he's in-f'ing-accurate.

But, yeah... I think he will have a game or two.

-jj

You may right, it just won't be in the NFL.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived