THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's a look at whats wrong with our offense

DeadWombat

Yes, what IS up with our offense? We'll, I'll tell you. We're 30th in points scored. 31st in yards gained. 31st in passing, and 25th in rushing. Statwise, our passing game is HORRID, and our running game is mediocre.

Whats up with those stats? Well, Here's what we have on receiving:

• A rookie with a penchant for drops
  • An ex-Jet slot receiver filling in for a No. 2 with a penchant for drops
  • Another slot receiver with good hands but is slow
  • A kick returner who has never played as a WR before this year
  • A rookie who apparently must be so bad he had to be benched most of the season
Oh, and I can't forget our Tight Ends:

• A blocking TE from the Bills who can't catch
  • An old, slow TE with decent hands
  • A lackluster journeyman who we just picked up a couple days ago

Basically, we have no talent in our WRs, and our TEs look just as bad. Now, I like Furrey as a slot guy, and I like Heiden. Oh, but wait. We never PLAY Furrey or Heiden. This is the worst lineup I've ever seen in a browns uniform, and possibly the worst in the league (no wait... we may be more talented here than the Rams, but their No 1 is on IR... Maybe Oakland?). To add to it, we have a QB who can't throw accurately, and throws short passes with the speed and trajectory of a bullet. I dont think I've ever seen DA put an arc on a ball unless its traveling more than 40 yards.

When you have a talentless WR corps and a bad QB, it really screams "RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL".

Oh, you'll love this. Here's the running back stats from the last two games:

Lewis: 21 yards on 11 carries

47 yards on 15 carries

Harrison: 26 yards on 5 carries

7 yards on 3 carries.

Cribbs: 45 yards on 6 carries

-1 yard on 1 carry

All of these stats look horrid with the exception of Cribbs last week. However, what really sticks out is the number of carries. Our starting running back only gets 15 carries? Well, that seems really low, but you gotta realize its because our offense never stays on the field that long. I can't remember how many 3-and-outs we had. Even New Orleans, with the most dynamic passing game in the league, still runs the ball 20-25 times. Pierre Thomas saw 19 carries and Bush 6 last game. Hell, Thomas got 86 yards on those carries, despite being the same height and almost the same weight as Harrison.

Now, I'm not even going to go into the playcalling aspect of it... Because I could write a whole different post about just that. That's right, Daboll... You're off the hook for now. Basically, we pretty much run a vanilla offense, with a vanilla running game... when really, we need to rely on our running to make up for the lack of talent in the passing game. Thats when I would love to bring up Harrison. All those people who said Harrison couldn't be an every down back got a bit F-U to the face after seeing the Cincy game. 29 carries, 121 yards, and a 4.2 yard average. Hallelujah, we have a running game!

Oh wait, we bench Harrison the next game in favor of Lewis.

Granted, Lewis got 117 yards on 31 carries, but the Bills' heavily injured line was filled with rookies and 2nd stringers... it was a fluke. The next game, against a better Pittsburgh line, Lewis gets 21 yards on 11 carries.

Crap.

Now, I would assume, that if you have one guy who can run for 121 yards against a a Bengals defense ranked 5th against the run, that you should continue to play him in future games.

Therefore, whoever was behind the decision to bench Harrison should be shot in the face. We continue to play Lewis, and he continues to be mediocre.

But wait! We still have the WildDawg!

No, we don't.

Cribbs getting 45 yards on 6 attempts against Pittsburgh? Hellz Yes. Lets never do it again! That seems to be the M.O.. We saw Cribbs shine in the first half of the Pittsburg game (excusing the two bad passing attempts). Then, after the 1st half of the Pittsburg game, The WildDawg turned into a missing Lynx (word play, FTW), and we rarely saw it after that. Everyone (apparently including Mangini) is at a loss to explain why.

So, what I see from our offense is not only an immense lack of talent, but a stubborn refusal to use the few tools that we do have. In conclusion, the entire browns organization are all a bunch of douchebags.

The end.

Jamal Lewis isn't receiving enough blame around here.

Go back and look at the Drive charts. Anderson's INT put us in a whole at 21-3, but up until then, DA and the rookies did move the ball. A pass interference penalty on Massaquoi put us in a hole on the first drive. He had a lot of trouble fighting off coverage yesterday, but he's a rook and can be over-looked. But facing 2nd-n-17 after the penalty, we hand it to the dancing bear for no gain. This doesn't not help, at all. 3rd-n-17 we screen pass to Harrison and fall 8 yrds short of the sticks.

After an 11-play defensive stop (sort of).

We put together a nice drive, that is until we got down to the 2-yrd line. Who's to blame for not getting it in from there? I blame play calling and the run game. Anderson fumbles like a loser, but the guy did a terrific job of getting us into that position with no thanks to Lewis. DA completed passes of 9-yrds, 22-yrds, 5-yrds & 10-yrds, plus scrambled for 3-yrds and we were helped by a face mask penalty for another 15-yrds. In bewteen we got 2-yrds on 2-carries from Jamal Lewis (-1, & 3).

Green Bay easily drive 71-yrds on 6-plays for a TD, converting a 3rd-n-6 (13yrds) and a 3-n-1 (45yrd TD) as three LB's get caught in no-man's land on the play.

Browns get it back and our helped out after a 3-and-out by the Packers who have 12 players on the field for the punt. Lewis gains no yards on 1 carry after Anderson throws 2 incompletitoons and a 5-yrd pass to his new TE, Estandia. Vickers adds in a false start, DA tries to stretch MoMass deep and on 3rd-n-15 we run Harrison for a 4 yrd gain, this time 11-yrds shy of the sticks.

After 21-minutes of play, Green Bay is only getting their third possesion. AGAIN they score easily on a 3-play, 96-yrd drive.

Score: 14-3

Let's stop right here, as we all know the game is over at this point. The Packers have only held the ball at this point for 3 possesions, 11:09 in TOP, yet have gained 211-yrds (Anyone see a problem here?)

The Browns also had possession 3 times, for a 11:50 TOP, netting 76-yrds.

Jamal Lewis at this point has given us 5 carries for 5 yrds., and the game is already over. DA at this point is 7-of-11, for 65-yrds, he also legged 3-yrds on a carry, and fumbled/recovered. Cribbs has +1 in the WildDawg.

Derek Anderson then shits the bed thinking Robiskie was cutting out, when he cut in, results into an INT and a 21-3 deficit.

Lewis meanwhile gave us 1 more yard for a 6 carries for 6 yards production. DA threw 2 more incompletes before the pick, and we had a Harrison sighting with a 2yrd gain.

Play Calling is attrocious, but at this point in the game it is well over and although DA threw the INT, the interfacing with the rookie and brand spanking new receivers/TE's plodded along as decently as expected at this point. No creativity in the red zone ought to just have us start bombing it in from 40-yrds out.

Main bitch of my thread is to support Dead Wombat in that Jamal Lewis must go ... our defense sucks and it don't really matter who we have throwing to the rookies, they aren't gonan light anyone up as a tandem.

We put together a nice drive, that is until we got down to the 2-yrd line. Who's to blame for not getting it in from there? I blame play calling and the run game. Anderson fumbles like a loser, but the guy did a terrific job of getting us into that position with no thanks to Lewis. DA completed passes of 9-yrds, 22-yrds, 5-yrds & 10-yrds, plus scrambled for 3-yrds and we were helped by a face mask penalty for another 15-yrds. In bewteen we got 2-yrds on 2-carries from Jamal Lewis (-1, & 3).

Lewis for those carries, he doesn't attack the LoS, he slows down and waits for his hole. Unfortunately, by the time he sees it, the rest of the defense has caught up to him. Some call it patience. I call it stupid. Then the 3rd down attempt falls completely on DA. You have to look at your other receivers if your first read is in triple coverage. You look to the flats, easiest TD you'll ever throw (maybe not).

Main bitch of my thread is to support Dead Wombat in that Jamal Lewis must go ... our defense sucks and it don't really matter who we have throwing to the rookies, they aren't gonan light anyone up as a tandem.

Why'd you guys change my topic to remove the "SUCKS" in my Jamal Lewis Sucks topic?

Why'd you guys change my topic to remove the "SUCKS" in my Jamal Lewis Sucks topic?

Didn't know we did.

You should have chimed in with me last year, where I had to take on many who took offense to me saying he sucked early on last year. You only got grief because you did it on a day he went over 100-yards, which was his besat game in two seasons.

Eh, true. But I could've run for 100+ yards against Buffalo behind our line that week. That game was a fluke and he will never again put those numbers up against a legitimate team. And I just pretty much lurked back then, but totally agreed, he wasn't anything in 2008, and the flashes we saw from Harrison made me want him to be our every down back. Too bad he can't block for shit.

Yes, what IS up with our offense? We'll, I'll tell you. We're 30th in points scored. 31st in yards gained. 31st in passing, and 25th in rushing. Statwise, our passing game is HORRID, and our running game is mediocre.

Whats up with those stats? Well, Here's what we have on receiving:

• A rookie with a penchant for drops
  • An ex-Jet slot receiver filling in for a No. 2 with a penchant for drops
  • Another slot receiver with good hands but is slow
  • A kick returner who has never played as a WR before this year
  • A rookie who apparently must be so bad he had to be benched most of the season
Oh, and I can't forget our Tight Ends:

• A blocking TE from the Bills who can't catch
  • An old, slow TE with decent hands
  • A lackluster journeyman who we just picked up a couple days ago

Basically, we have no talent in our WRs, and our TEs look just as bad. Now, I like Furrey as a slot guy, and I like Heiden. Oh, but wait. We never PLAY Furrey or Heiden. This is the worst lineup I've ever seen in a browns uniform, and possibly the worst in the league (no wait... we may be more talented here than the Rams, but their No 1 is on IR... Maybe Oakland?). To add to it, we have a QB who can't throw accurately, and throws short passes with the speed and trajectory of a bullet. I dont think I've ever seen DA put an arc on a ball unless its traveling more than 40 yards.

When you have a talentless WR corps and a bad QB, it really screams "RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL".

Oh, you'll love this. Here's the running back stats from the last two games:

Lewis: 21 yards on 11 carries

47 yards on 15 carries

Harrison: 26 yards on 5 carries

7 yards on 3 carries.

Cribbs: 45 yards on 6 carries

-1 yard on 1 carry

All of these stats look horrid with the exception of Cribbs last week. However, what really sticks out is the number of carries. Our starting running back only gets 15 carries? Well, that seems really low, but you gotta realize its because our offense never stays on the field that long. I can't remember how many 3-and-outs we had. Even New Orleans, with the most dynamic passing game in the league, still runs the ball 20-25 times. Pierre Thomas saw 19 carries and Bush 6 last game. Hell, Thomas got 86 yards on those carries, despite being the same height and almost the same weight as Harrison.

Now, I'm not even going to go into the playcalling aspect of it... Because I could write a whole different post about just that. That's right, Daboll... You're off the hook for now. Basically, we pretty much run a vanilla offense, with a vanilla running game... when really, we need to rely on our running to make up for the lack of talent in the passing game. Thats when I would love to bring up Harrison. All those people who said Harrison couldn't be an every down back got a bit F-U to the face after seeing the Cincy game. 29 carries, 121 yards, and a 4.2 yard average. Hallelujah, we have a running game!

Oh wait, we bench Harrison the next game in favor of Lewis.

Granted, Lewis got 117 yards on 31 carries, but the Bills' heavily injured line was filled with rookies and 2nd stringers... it was a fluke. The next game, against a better Pittsburgh line, Lewis gets 21 yards on 11 carries.

Crap.

Now, I would assume, that if you have one guy who can run for 121 yards against a a Bengals defense ranked 5th against the run, that you should continue to play him in future games.

Therefore, whoever was behind the decision to bench Harrison should be shot in the face. We continue to play Lewis, and he continues to be mediocre.

But wait! We still have the WildDawg!

No, we don't.

Cribbs getting 45 yards on 6 attempts against Pittsburgh? Hellz Yes. Lets never do it again! That seems to be the M.O.. We saw Cribbs shine in the first half of the Pittsburg game (excusing the two bad passing attempts). Then, after the 1st half of the Pittsburg game, The WildDawg turned into a missing Lynx (word play, FTW), and we rarely saw it after that. Everyone (apparently including Mangini) is at a loss to explain why.

So, what I see from our offense is not only an immense lack of talent, but a stubborn refusal to use the few tools that we do have. In conclusion, the entire browns organization are all a bunch of douchebags.

The end.

Holy crap dude, that was an incredible post. Thank you, and I agree with you 10000%.

This team will be shit forever with these Retards at the helm.

Archived