THE BROWNS BOARD

Many lament the proof positive of Statistics

osusev

How about from a more scientific approach. The fact is the earth warms and cools. Everyone is looking at this like "over the last 10 years", bullshit, the planet has been here quite some time. People are arguing if the earth is heating or cooling, well the answer is YES. YES it is. Read this.

NASA temperatures for March 2008 indicate that it was the third warmest March in history, but satellite data sources RSS and UAH disagree. They show March as the second coldest ever in the southern hemisphere, and barely above average worldwide. (The northern hemisphere in March was split between a cold North America and a very warm Asia, causing temperatures in the northern hemisphere to be above average.) Data so far for April shows both hemispheres back on the decline, and April is shaping up to be an unusually cool month across most of the globe (Africa, South America, North America and portions of Europe and Asia).

Bottom Line

Both of the satellite data sources, as well as Had-Crut, show worldwide temperatures falling below the IPCC estimates. Satellite data shows temperatures near or below the 30 year average - but NASA data has somehow managed to stay on track towards climate Armageddon. You can draw your own conclusions, but I see a pattern that is troublesome. In science, as with any other endeavour, it is always a good idea to have some separation between the people generating the data and the people interpreting it.

LINK

Just staying objective.

No, people aren't just looking at "the last ten years." That's the whole point of the exercise. The people who just look at the last ten years are the ones not being objective.

The earth simply isn't getting cooler, despite a Herculean effort by the right to pretend that it is. That's the point of the story. It's also the same point I've been making for quite some time. I think I made it to you the other day, Kosar. It's about the misuse of statistics, like proving that Derek Anderson is a Pro Bowl QB.

And Steve, nothing fresher than coming back with the "we're all doomed" line for the 178th time.

No, people aren't just looking at "the last ten years." That's the whole point of the exercise. The people who just look at the last ten years are the ones not being objective.

The earth simply isn't getting cooler, despite a Herculean effort by the right to pretend that it is. That's the point of the story. It's also the same point I've been making for quite some time. I think I made it to you the other day, Kosar. It's about the misuse of statistics, proving that Derek Anderson is a Pro Bowl QB.

And Steve, nothing fresher than coming back with the "we're all doomed" line for the 178th time.

Did you read the article. I can say the same argument about your efforts to pretend it is.

Did you read the article. I can say the same argument about your efforts to pretend it is.

How do you mean? I didn't find this article to be the least bit persuasive, and uses the same cherry picked data that is the problem that's highlighted in osusev's post. The whole point is that when looking at the historic rise in temperatures you don't look at, say, last March.

How do you mean? I didn't find this article to be the least bit persuasive, and uses the same cherry picked data that is the problem that's highlighted in osusev's post. The whole point is that when looking at the historic rise in temperatures you don't look at, say, last March.

I guess you missed the point. I'll type slower (see I can be a douche bag too). The point is that perception is in the eye of the beholder. Both sides think they are correct off of "cherry picked" evidence. Neither side can prove for a definitive. So why put billions of dollars into something that may or may not work?

The guy who started all this foolishness about the goober warning stuff, was a

great, big, ardent advocate of....

a one world government where there are no borders, no countries.

Heck just listened to John Lennon singing too much.

Scientists, thousands now, are coming to the forefront of this controversy,

and saying "HEY, stop saying we all agree that man is causing global warming".

I still say, that Heck, Shep and mz the pussy, maybe Al, their chosen mod, all met each

other at some other leftwing board for blowhards. Question: Is it true? Did they

meet elsewhere, all cut from the same extremist liberal cloth, and then some came here

and joined up to meet Shep, the Browns fan?

Just ... wonderin.....

I guess you missed the point. I'll type slower (see I can be a douche bag too). The point is that perception is in the eye of the beholder. Both sides think they are correct off of "cherry picked" evidence. Neither side can prove for a definitive. So why put billions of dollars into something that may or may not work?

Kosar, Both sides are using cherry picked data? Actually Only ONE side is using cherry picked data.

No one has what I call proof positive......definately not the detractors, however the worlds brightest minds collectively have found multiple sources of data that do point toward a warming trend.

Call me cautious but I would rather error of the side of caution on something that is well "earth shaking" rather than side with the detractors who have very little to no data supporting their platform.

Kosar, Both sides are using cherry picked data? Actually Only ONE side is using cherry picked data.

No one has what I call proof positive......definately not the detractors, however the worlds brightest minds collectively have found multiple sources of data that do point toward a warming trend.

Call me cautious but I would rather error of the side of caution on something that is well "earth shaking" rather than side with the detractors who have very little to no data supporting their platform.

I am not arguing that the earth is not warming. It ALWAYS warms and cools. Ice age anyone? I could swear cave men had Chevy Tahoes. I mean come on.

Many of us know, that the earths' temperatures ebb and flow, warming and cooling, over centuries.

The nutjob (not Heck, the other one) who started the whole global warming thing, was a one world

government guy.

"Imagine there's no countires, it's easy if you try"

What better way to work for a one world government than to use a global cause to be able to dream of making that

warped dream come true?

And, manipulating masses of silly people's opinions by cherry picking any kind of data, or plain out making incredulously

ludicrous claims a thousand times over?

Like.... making a movie with a movie clip in it, where the iceberg is LITERALLY from a movie that used STYROFOAM to create

what would look like a iceberg? Oh, Al Gore did EXACTLY that.

Notice, the global warming treaty is of the UN. Which wants to control the world.

and disarm all countries.

Apparently, so when Obama signs the treaty (I hope our military deposes him before he does), and it supercedes our

Constitution/Bill of Rights, they will have succeeded.

Then global warming as a cause will go by the wayside. It will "ahem" ... have run it's course. "yay". Not.

How about from a more scientific approach. The fact is the earth warms and cools. Everyone is looking at this like "over the last 10 years", bullshit, the planet has been here quite some time. People are arguing if the earth is heating or cooling, well the answer is YES. YES it is. Read this.

NASA temperatures for March 2008 indicate that it was the third warmest March in history, but satellite data sources RSS and UAH disagree. They show March as the second coldest ever in the southern hemisphere, and barely above average worldwide. (The northern hemisphere in March was split between a cold North America and a very warm Asia, causing temperatures in the northern hemisphere to be above average.) Data so far for April shows both hemispheres back on the decline, and April is shaping up to be an unusually cool month across most of the globe (Africa, South America, North America and portions of Europe and Asia).

Bottom Line

Both of the satellite data sources, as well as Had-Crut, show worldwide temperatures falling below the IPCC estimates. Satellite data shows temperatures near or below the 30 year average - but NASA data has somehow managed to stay on track towards climate Armageddon. You can draw your own conclusions, but I see a pattern that is troublesome. In science, as with any other endeavour, it is always a good idea to have some separation between the people generating the data and the people interpreting it.

LINK

Just staying objective.

And how long have we been recording temeratures? I believe its been less than 100 year now.

When Obama raises men from the dead and starts healing all those who are sick and afflicted and shows he can truley walk on water then I will believe Al Gore.

Otherwise its just a political fairey tail.

No, no, and no. You've missed the point. We're not talking about perceptions. We're talking about statistics. Statistics are not in the eye of the beholder. There's a right way to do them and a wrong way. The point of the article posted was that when you do them the right way, there is no cooling to be found, only warming. When you do them the wrong way you can make them say anything you want.

No, no, and no. You've missed the point. We're not talking about perceptions. We're talking about statistics. Statistics are not in the eye of the beholder. There's a right way to do them and a wrong way. The point of the article posted was that when you do them the right way, there is no cooling to be found, only warming. When you do them the wrong way you can make them say anything you want.

Like I said to Sev. I am not arguing that the earth is not warming. It ALWAYS warms and cools. Ice age anyone? I could swear cave men had Chevy Tahoes. I mean come on.

And liberals get to choose the "right way"...

like they want to choose who gets to voice their opinions about what,

or they will leave the forum via ultimatums.

LOL.

"I'm a liberal, and I am right because I think the right way, and you don't, so don't talk, and Obamao

is not the antichrist, or maybe not not, but don't make me cry my masquera will absolutely make like

global warming icebergs with little cute polar bears on it. ... run all over the place and only liberals

are allowed to be arrogant because we have the evil one in the White House, so Ha ha."

Like I said to Sev. I am not arguing that the earth is not warming. It ALWAYS warms and cools. Ice age anyone? I could swear cave men had Chevy Tahoes. I mean come on.

Kosar, do you really think suggesting that the earth has had periods of warming and cooling rebuts global warming theory? I think you can be quite sure that the climate science community understands this.

I mean, come on. If you don't know what even the basics of global warming theory are, don't waste my time.

Kosar, do you really think suggesting that the earth has had periods of warming and cooling rebuts global warming theory? I think you can be quite sure that the climate science community understands this.

I mean, come on. If you don't know what even the basics of global warming theory are, don't waste my time.

Because I and other scientists don't agree... A+ for being a douche bag. I could not perceive a single person in the world wanting to hang out with you without being forced.

Hmm. Cal says things like "goober warming" and "nopsies nopsies" when he runs out of things to say. I'll take these last two posts as an admission that you really did think pointing out that the earth has warmed and cooled in the past was a devastating critique, and that now you're out of things to say as well.

And that you're somewhere between 14 and 21 years old.

Actually, it's "goober warNing". Not warming. That's the point.

Also, I have never said "nopsies nopsies". It's "nopie nopie". Perhaps you have liesies via weaselsies?

And, you should know by now, I have never run out of things to say.

So, you lose all the way to being a little pouty-cake. Hell, it's understandable you can't win with Steve, or John,

or T, or me...

but you are so fake you can't win with Kosar, either. That's bad.

I say fake, because that's how your suntan looks, while you are trying to look macho sitting in

the back seat with Ellen Degeneres.

Did you ever say how you know Shep, mz the pussy and Al before you came to the Brownsboard? Just wonderin...

Hmm. Cal says things like "goober warming" and "nopsies nopsies" when he runs out of things to say. I'll take these last two posts as an admission that you really did think pointing out that the earth has warmed and cooled in the past was a devastating critique, and that now you're out of things to say as well.

And that you're somewhere between 14 and 21 years old.

Nope. I just came to the conclusion that I don't argue with douche bags that are such pricks and so blinded they can't take someone's opinion into account because it's not the same as Obama's, I mean their own. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how right or in this case how wrong it is. I would still like to see one post without you being a douche. Sort like getting a non-gay post from Cal. Whoopies.

Kosar, I've been arguing global warming on this board long before Obama was even a name, so that critique doesn't hold a bit of water. It's just more flailing.

And I do believe I took your opinion into account. But that's the problem - it's just an opinion. It's not based on anything in the way of facts or science, so it's easily dismissed. If you've got more opinions on global warming they're going to have to be better than "the earth has been warmed and cooled in the past" for me to take your opinions seriously.

If you can show me how wrong I am about global warming, go right ahead. So far, you've only shown that this isn't an area of expertise for you. If that makes me an asshole for pointing it out, so be it.

Heck, you know as well as any of us,

that plenty of scientific explanation that global warming is not a man made crisis,

but those legit explanations get ignored, or the particular scientist(s) are dissed, etc.

In the least, they are not accepted as evidence of a serious question about the validity of

the Gore claims and global warming is brougt up a month? later, and it starts all over again.

Shall we start the gw debate alllllll over AGAIN? There are far more scientists coming forward

to establish their critiques of Gore's allegations.

Archived