THE BROWNS BOARD

Nice new cheer in Cleveland

Silverback

"Go Pack Go!"

Wow, some great fans you have there. Flopping sides during a game. Wow, that is as low as it can get for a fan base. I'll call Mayflower, again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...cleveland-fans/

Cribbs not happy with Cleveland fans

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2009 9:09 AM ET

Toward the end of Sunday's home loss to Green Bay, Cleveland fans unhappy with the Browns' effort were chanting, "Go, Pack, Go."

And Browns receiver Josh Cribbs didn't like it.

"It hurts," Cribbs said, per the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I almost want to run up in the stands. That should never happen."

I was there. It was not Browns fan who were chanting Go Pack Go, it was the many Packer fans in attendance. Their fans travel well and pay a premium to get seats for an away game.

Let it be noted that that "Go Pack Go" Chant lasted for all of about 10 seconds when Browns fans booed them down. I said to a Packer fan near me: "its OK for you to enjoy your win here and be happy, there is nothing we can do about that, but the unified chant for the opposing team will not happen in here....and like I said, they were all booed down after 10 secons and they stopped the chant for the rest of the game.

I was there. It was not Browns fan who were chanting Go Pack Go, it was the many Packer fans in attendance. Their fans travel well and pay a premium to get seats for an away game.

Let it be noted that that "Go Pack Go" Chant lasted for all of about 10 seconds when Browns fans booed them down. I said to a Packer fan near me: "its OK for you to enjoy your win here and be happy, there is nothing we can do about that, but the unified chant for the opposing team will not happen in here....and like I said, they were all booed down after 10 secons and they stopped the chant for the rest of the game.

Oh I remember that horrid moment on Christmas eve a few years ago when the Steeler fans were waving all those towels during anoter pitiful performance from the Browns there was no booing them down. I am not looking forward to seeing what the stadium may look like in a few weeks. I have a sick feeling it will start to look like old Riverfront stadium with a lot of black and gold in there.

another attempt to mock us falls flat in its face ....

simpsons_apu.jpg

So your answer is that the Browns fans weren't chanting, the thousands of Packers fans who overtook your homefield were load enough to drown you all out.... Umm, yeah. Either way it shows how bad your fans really are. Blackouts, outnumbered in your own stadium, cheering for the other team. LA Browns sooner than later.

So your answer is that the Browns fans weren't chanting, the thousands of Packers fans who overtook your homefield were load enough to drown you all out.... Umm, yeah. Either way it shows how bad your fans really are. Blackouts, outnumbered in your own stadium, cheering for the other team. LA Browns sooner than later.

we've had no blackouts dumbass. why don't you go look at the Pirates before you talk?

Oh I remember that horrid moment on Christmas eve a few years ago when the Steeler fans were waving all those towels during anoter pitiful performance from the Browns there was no booing them down. I am not looking forward to seeing what the stadium may look like in a few weeks. I have a sick feeling it will start to look like old Riverfront stadium with a lot of black and gold in there.

I was at that game. Since then my hatred of all things "Steelers" has grown exponentially (I didn't think that was possible). I was embarrassed and pissed off. I was driving that day, hence sober. It is a good thing, because I probably would not have been able to not punch at least three of those goddamn Steeler fans. We must NEVER let that happen again.

"Go Pack Go!"

Wow, some great fans you have there. Flopping sides during a game. Wow, that is as low as it can get for a fan base. I'll call Mayflower, again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...cleveland-fans/

Some of the responses to the article were quite funny.

"The only thing Cribbs should be running up into the stands for is to kiss the fans for continuing to come so he can get paid his salary while the team is a black hole of suck on the field."

but if the browns move to LA and this forum ceases to exist, wont you life become meaningless and purposeless ? start praying silvie ..

This is why I drink at the game. Alcohol makes me happy and when I'm surrounded by Steeler fans, I need something.

That game definitely sucked. No question. But I took it all. It actually helped keep me warm. Someday, when the tables are turned, we can release all that frustration. I just think we're going to have to wait a little longer!

You sure as hell have reading comprehension issues. The "Go Pack Go" chant started only very near the end of the game, probably by a few dozen Packer fans. Sure, the Browns fans weren't making any noises. What was there in that game to cheer about? WE certainly weren't "outnumbered" by any stretch of the imagination. But the boos that drowned out the "go Pack go" chant, certainly shut them up right there and then. To my knowledge there are no blacked out games.

And I suppose you are a Steeler fan? The same fans, who a couple of years after winning two Super Bowls only could put 35,000 people in the seats of your stadium because the team was having a mediocre year?

Who wants to bet that if the Steelers were now to have 2 losing years in a row that Heinz field would be "Ghost Town Gulch"?

You sure as hell have reading comprehension issues. The "Go Pack Go" chant started only very near the end of the game, probably by a few dozen Packer fans. Sure, the Browns fans weren't making any noises. What was there in that game to cheer about? WE certainly weren't "outnumbered" by any stretch of the imagination. But the boos that drowned out the "go Pack go" chant, certainly shut them up right there and then. To my knowledge there are no blacked out games.

And I suppose you are a Steeler fan? The same fans, who a couple of years after winning two Super Bowls only could put 35,000 people in the seats of your stadium because the team was having a mediocre year?

Who wants to bet that if the Steelers were now to have 2 losing years in a row that Heinz field would be "Ghost Town Gulch"?

Steelers have sold out every single game since 1970, and have the highest local tv viewership of any NFL team pretty much every year. Your home games are not sold out yet, with the exception of the week the Steelers come to town. When you decide to turn on your team that week, the cheer goes "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" :rolleyes:

request all antiBrown maniacs to read this

Steelers have sold out every single game since 1970, and have the highest local tv viewership of any NFL team pretty much every year. Your home games are not sold out yet, with the exception of the week the Steelers come to town. When you decide to turn on your team that week, the cheer goes "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" :rolleyes:

you gonna make me break this out again. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/footba...ions_Value.html Dont talk to Cleveland fans about supporting there team, and this is with a 4-12 team every year. When your train gets derailed and your still bringing in as much revenue as the superbowl champs then you can come talk. Till then STFU

BS, BS, BS, I have done the extensive research on this..... on several occasions, so, if in fact the Steelers sold out all those games, and they were only getting 35,000 people in 3 Rivers, which indeed is all they were getting at times, then that means that on various occasion as much as 24,000 people decided not to bother to show up to games.

I don't know if the Browns game this year are sold out or not. I think they are.

But like I said...give the Steelers 2 bad years, and Heiny Field would be near empty. Give them 10 bad years, like we have had....and the Cleveland Browns would be the favorite team in Pittsburgh probably.

(And if we decided to turn on our team...the chant would be for the Bengals or the Ravens to beat the Steelers...or it would be "Go, Cavs, Go" or something else entirely"

I was at that game. Since then my hatred of all things "Steelers" has grown exponentially (I didn't think that was possible). I was embarrassed and pissed off. I was driving that day, hence sober. It is a good thing, because I probably would not have been able to not punch at least three of those goddamn Steeler fans. We must NEVER let that happen again.

LOL... You make me laugh.

BS, BS, BS, I have done the extensive research on this..... on several occasions, so, if in fact the Steelers sold out all those games, and they were only getting 35,000 people in 3 Rivers, which indeed is all they were getting at times, then that means that on various occasion as much as 24,000 people decided not to bother to show up to games.

I don't know if the Browns game this year are sold out or not. I think they are.

But like I said...give the Steelers 2 bad years, and Heiny Field would be near empty. Give them 10 bad years, like we have had....and the Cleveland Browns would be the favorite team in Pittsburgh probably.

(And if we decided to turn on our team...the chant would be for the Bengals or the Ravens to beat the Steelers...or it would be "Go, Cavs, Go" or something else entirely"

Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa... Yet the National Football League experts and such rant and rave about Steeler Nation. Personally I dont fault you guys for not selling out...the Economy is Crap and You team is too WHY the hell should you flock to see them. Money and support Talks !! Stay away now and then ... It will motivate management all the more. And Sorry to tell you Thoses games WERE indeed sold out , Only a very few (maybe 4) had those really Low numbers... One day it was Bitter Cold and Icey. Tickets all gone and the Fans stayed home... and We have had two bad years in a Row TWICE since the 70`s ..and The Stadium was NOT Empty. Stop pointing a crooked finger our way.

Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa... Yet the National Football League experts and such rant and rave about Steeler Nation. Personally I dont fault you guys for not selling out...the Economy is Crap and You team is too WHY the hell should you flock to see them. Money and support Talks !! Stay away now and then ... It will motivate management all the more. And Sorry to tell you Thoses games WERE indeed sold out , Only a very few (maybe 4) had those really Low numbers... One day it was Bitter Cold and Icey. Tickets all gone and the Fans stayed home... and We have had two bad years in a Row TWICE since the 70`s ..and The Stadium was NOT Empty. Stop pointing a crooked finger our way.

You had about 10 games where the attendance was in the 30K or low 40K range, for a team that had just recently won multiple Super Bowl. Rain, ice, or not, that is Peetownpeethetic.

Yea, OK, I never said the stadium was empty. You have 35,000 in a 59,000 seat stadium, OK, that is not empty, per se.

And FYI, as far as I know, there is no game this year that is not sold out....I would like to see some evidence that says that a Browns game is going to be blacked out.

The fact is, it is the BROWNS fans that the NFL experts rant and rave about.....precisely because we have had no football or lousy football for about 18 or 19 of the last 20 years....and yet the strong support of the team is still there.

Imagine what the support for the Steelers would be if they had losing records for the next 18 or 20 years? Can you imagine that? They abandoned ship back in the 80s after only two mediocre years.

Sorry, but any team that has had the Steelers on field success will receive accolades for their fan support. Next to the Yankees, Celtics, and Lakers there is perhaps no bigger bandwagon following for a team in sports. The test of character is in the elongated periods of tough times.

Hey FREAK! Do you have something constructive to contribute to the BROWNS BOARD? The Squeelers may not be having trouble keeping their stadium filled right now (neither are the Browns), but by the amount of Pukesburg fans on our board, all the their forums must be pretty empty! This just adds to validates all the claims that the Squeeler fans are bandwagoners. Can you all not think of anything to talk about without having us Browns fans to rip on? If that's the case, I would hate to be in your shoes once Mankok and company get this thing turned around. When the Browns are no longer the laughing stock of the NFL (along with the Lions, Rams, Chiefs, Redskins, etc.) you will have nothing to do with your time but sit there and wonder why your life sucks so bad! You will have no one to kick while they are down. I can all but guarantee we won't see you here anymore. No way you'll want to be ripped apart by the same Browns fans you are antagonizing now!

Guest berniesipe
Some of the responses to the article were quite funny.

"The only thing Cribbs should be running up into the stands for is to kiss the fans for continuing to come so he can get paid his salary while the team is a black hole of suck on the field."

I'd love to see that punk come up into the stands. He'd go back down to the field minus a couple of teeth!

clevelandb.png

You had about 10 games where the attendance was in the 30K or low 40K range, for a team that had just recently won multiple Super Bowl. Rain, ice, or not, that is Peetownpeethetic.

Yea, OK, I never said the stadium was empty. You have 35,000 in a 59,000 seat stadium, OK, that is not empty, per se.

And FYI, as far as I know, there is no game this year that is not sold out....I would like to see some evidence that says that a Browns game is going to be blacked out.

The fact is, it is the BROWNS fans that the NFL experts rant and rave about.....precisely because we have had no football or lousy football for about 18 or 19 of the last 20 years....and yet the strong support of the team is still there.

Imagine what the support for the Steelers would be if they had losing records for the next 18 or 20 years? Can you imagine that? They abandoned ship back in the 80s after only two mediocre years.

Sorry, but any team that has had the Steelers on field success will receive accolades for their fan support. Next to the Yankees, Celtics, and Lakers there is perhaps no bigger bandwagon following for a team in sports. The test of character is in the elongated periods of tough times.

Hey you have LOYAL fans no Doubt ... But DAMN Dude are you seriously telling me that People ain't Raving about Steeler Nation ALL THE TIME ???? Please No one esle pack in Visiting Stadiums like us. And we Support our Team WIN and the Few down yrs... Cant speak for the few games a Year in the Mid 80~s where we were watching games on the Tube and chucking our Tickets. And NO Even a comparison As to WHO the National Football Media talks about , i really hear very little about Brown Fans ( Though we know them to be VERY Loyal) It Steeler NATION. If you cant admit that , I just got to walk away laughing , and ask How IS the Kool~aid ???

Archived