THE BROWNS BOARD

Nice new cheer in Cleveland

Silverback

Steeler nation is a joke. They don't even know half the guys on the roster. They know (3) Big Ben Hines Ward and cheap shot Troy.

This is actually very true, my moms side of the family are all Steeler fans and none of them could name a linemen for pittsburgh. Same with quite a few of my friends. Hell half the time they dont even no who there playing next. Maybe its not like that closer to Pittsburgh but were I live that deffinently rings true

This is actually very true, my moms side of the family are all Steeler fans and none of them could name a linemen for pittsburgh. Same with quite a few of my friends. Hell half the time they dont even no who there playing next. Maybe its not like that closer to Pittsburgh but were I live that deffinently rings true

Then they are not FANS... And the reason you guys dont have a chunk of that Type of fans , is WINNING brings those people out of the woodwork. Let the Browns have 3 good seasons in a row. you will be AMAZED , over the Retards that wear your teams Gear !!

Then they are not FANS... And the reason you guys dont have a chunk of that Type of fans , is WINNING brings those people out of the woodwork. Let the Browns have 3 good seasons in a row. you will be AMAZED , over the Retards that wear your teams Gear !!

So you're admitting there are amazing numbers of these bandwagon goobers wearing Steelers gear, eh?

Steelers vs. Browns Day and vice versa..

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=92

On Steelers vs Browns Day, citizens of Pittsburgh engage in random acts of kindness. Tailgaters share food with total strangers. Drivers on the Parkway yield and allow other drivers to merge in front of them (something that never happens outside of Steelers vs Browns Day). Children give their toys to those less fortunate than themselves. All debts are forgiven, and grudges are forgotten. Steelers vs Browns Day is truly “the most wonderful time of the year”.

In Cleveland, they also have an official holiday. It is called Browns vs Steelers Day. Browns vs Steelers Day is very different from Steelers vs Browns Day. Browns vs Steelers Day is a day of sorrow and mourning. Cleveland Browns fans rue Browns vs Steelers Day. Browns vs Steelers Day is kind of like 9/11, the anniversary of your marriage to your ex-wife (b*tch!), the day the space shuttle Challenger exploded, and the day Kennedy was assassinated, all rolled into one terrible, miserable day.

So you're admitting there are amazing numbers of these bandwagon goobers wearing Steelers gear, eh?

Amazing Numbers NO ..AMAZING that they Think they are "Fans" Yes... I would say 80% of Steeler Fans are Real Die Hard fans... the Other 20% ?? IDK... They many Have 49er and Patriot gear stashed in the closet somewhere....

Amazing Numbers NO ..AMAZING that they Think they are "Fans" Yes... I would say 80% of Steeler Fans are Real Die Hard fans... the Other 20% ?? IDK... They many Have 49er and Patriot gear stashed in the closet somewhere....

So you're admitting that a significant portion of your so-called fans are pretenders. Interesting.

Steelers vs. Browns Day and vice versa..

On Steelers vs Browns Day, citizens of Pittsburgh engage in random acts of kindness. Tailgaters share food with total strangers. Drivers on the Parkway yield and allow other drivers to merge in front of them (something that never happens outside of Steelers vs Browns Day). Children give their toys to those less fortunate than themselves. All debts are forgiven, and grudges are forgotten. Steelers vs Browns Day is truly “the most wonderful time of the year”.

I look forward to hearing wonderful stories of these random acts of kindness. More likely what we'll hear is ::crickets chirping::

Well-behaved fans of opposing teams are usually welcome at the Browns Board tailgates as the Green Bay fans who enjoyed Ed/Don's grub last Sunday will attest. Can't say I've ever seen a Stillers fan with the willingness to chance it.

BS, BS, BS, I have done the extensive research on this..... on several occasions, so, if in fact the Steelers sold out all those games, and they were only getting 35,000 people in 3 Rivers, which indeed is all they were getting at times, then that means that on various occasion as much as 24,000 people decided not to bother to show up to games.

I don't know if the Browns game this year are sold out or not. I think they are.

But like I said...give the Steelers 2 bad years, and Heiny Field would be near empty. Give them 10 bad years, like we have had....and the Cleveland Browns would be the favorite team in Pittsburgh probably.

(And if we decided to turn on our team...the chant would be for the Bengals or the Ravens to beat the Steelers...or it would be "Go, Cavs, Go" or something else entirely"

Nice extensive research.....whatever. Use proof....cite your research. Provide evidence. Not just your word that you saw something somewhere.

You can't get any more incorrect. The tickets are SOLD you moron. And if in a handful of games at the end of the season people did not go, which did happen a few times...that is not representing that we are getting 24,000 people not coming to every game. I used to live in the Cleveland area before moving, and at that same time, there were a lot of times the Browns did not sell out, and the Steelers were on Channel 3 as a result....and this was in the 1980s and early 90s too.

Maybe you should take that extensive research and realize that all your games are not sold out, hence the articles on the possibility of blackouts.

You guys are under this delusion that you are the best fans in all of sports. You're no different than the fans of any team in the midwest. Very passionate yes, but every team has bandwagon fans when things go well and drop off when things go poorly. I know a lot of Browns fans so disillusioned with with the team (this goes back several years as well) that they don't care.

As it stands, the Steelers are winning, and have been for the majority of the past 40 years -- of course people are going to be more apt to follow a winner. Your Cavs couldn't draw flies before LeBron showed up. The Indians sellout streak of the 90s has long since vanished. It's what happens in all sports. Get off your high and mighty "we are the best fans throne" and Steelers fans are just front runners. You are no different than anyone else.

Blah Blah Blah..... You are no different than anyone else.

What I can't figure out is why you CARE what we think. Why aren't you just enjoying your team? It takes grit to stick with a team when they're down and Clevelanders are proud of that grit. Why does that offend you? We point out what one of your own admits to: There is no shortage of bandwagon fans when a team is winning. The Stillers are one of those teams. The bandwagoners will evaporate when the tables are turned and lots of Stiller garb will be gathering dust and yellow towels will be used for washing cars and buffing shoes. There's no mystery here.

Hey you have LOYAL fans no Doubt ... But DAMN Dude are you seriously telling me that People ain't Raving about Steeler Nation ALL THE TIME ???? Please No one esle pack in Visiting Stadiums like us. And we Support our Team WIN and the Few down yrs... Cant speak for the few games a Year in the Mid 80~s where we were watching games on the Tube and chucking our Tickets. And NO Even a comparison As to WHO the National Football Media talks about , i really hear very little about Brown Fans ( Though we know them to be VERY Loyal) It Steeler NATION. If you cant admit that , I just got to walk away laughing , and ask How IS the Kool~aid ???

Yo, feckless, that same ESPN poll you cite that give accolades to Steeler fans, gave the same to Browns fans....and acknowledge that Browns fans would be far and away the best if only the team had any quality.

The fact is, you only hear what you WANT to hear. You surround yourself with sycophants that just tell you how great you are....

But here is a clue: The Emperor has no clothes. Give us 5 bad years of Steeler football and you would have to wake up the echos in ketchupville to hear any noise.

Nice extensive research.....whatever. Use proof....cite your research. Provide evidence. Not just your word that you saw something somewhere.

You can't get any more incorrect. The tickets are SOLD you moron. And if in a handful of games at the end of the season people did not go, which did happen a few times...that is not representing that we are getting 24,000 people not coming to every game. I used to live in the Cleveland area before moving, and at that same time, there were a lot of times the Browns did not sell out, and the Steelers were on Channel 3 as a result....and this was in the 1980s and early 90s too.

Maybe you should take that extensive research and realize that all your games are not sold out, hence the articles on the possibility of blackouts.

You guys are under this delusion that you are the best fans in all of sports. You're no different than the fans of any team in the midwest. Very passionate yes, but every team has bandwagon fans when things go well and drop off when things go poorly. I know a lot of Browns fans so disillusioned with with the team (this goes back several years as well) that they don't care.

As it stands, the Steelers are winning, and have been for the majority of the past 40 years -- of course people are going to be more apt to follow a winner. Your Cavs couldn't draw flies before LeBron showed up. The Indians sellout streak of the 90s has long since vanished. It's what happens in all sports. Get off your high and mighty "we are the best fans throne" and Steelers fans are just front runners. You are no different than anyone else.

I have done the research. It is all available on pro-football-reference.com and NFL.com.

And, BTW, YOU are also under the delusion that you are the best fans in sports. You are NOT. You did have those games where 35,000 people attended. The Browns, as bad as they have been at times, have never had such low attendance.

As far as I know there has not been a game blacked out in town here since probably the 70s. Could it happen this year? Perhaps. It would not be surprising that after 20 years of no or poor football we would not sell out.

(but it would take only 2-3 years of poor Steeler football to have the same result).

And, the fact is, potentially we ARE different than anyone else.....years and years of bad football, yet years and years of sellouts.

Now go do YOUR research and find for us what team that has performed so poorly has nevertheless drawn so well? Find a consistent 10-15 year loser that has sold out all its games....other than the Browns.

That is the proof of the pudding right there.

Being thats we have MILLIONS OF FANS... Not that concerned with WHY they are fans. Take away the Bandwagon. And we still are The Strongest Fan Nation on the Planet. Asi have said before the Browns Total Lack of Accomplishment over the past 40 years prevent you guys of having to deal with a Bandwagon . If thats what success make you deal with WE WILL TAKE IT !!

Really? Why are you guys arguing this? While we're at it, why don't we argue over why my dad can kick all of your dads' asses, or how I'm tougher than everyone on this forum and can kick all of your asses? Which, is a fact, by the way.

You are all Retards. That is all.

I know You are ...but what am I ??? LOL... Relax these Vapor ...

I have done the research. It is all available on pro-football-reference.com and NFL.com.

I call Bull Shit. You can't just say I saw it then throw two websites out and say you saw it. Mr. Extensive Research.....if you had done so much you would be able to source your information. Over at Steelernation.com, we hold everyone to that standard, either a Steeler fan making a claim, or a non-Steeler fan. It maintains actual credibility....to which making a statement at guessing means you have none.

It is fact the Steelers have sold out ever single home game since 1972. It simply is. I have freely admitted that there may have been times in which all did not attend. I myself attended a Steelers vs. Bengals game in 1991 where there were approx 10,000 empty seats. That being said--the game was still sold out because the tickets were purchased.

I recognize that is a hard concept for you to understand.

And, BTW, YOU are also under the delusion that you are the best fans in sports. You are NOT. You did have those games where 35,000 people attended. The Browns, as bad as they have been at times, have never had such low attendance.

Is that a fact? Did you get this from the same reference at NFL.com and Profootballreference.com?

(ironic how there are no attendence figures on either site).

As far as I know there has not been a game blacked out in town here since probably the 70s. Could it happen this year? Perhaps. It would not be surprising that after 20 years of no or poor football we would not sell out.

(but it would take only 2-3 years of poor Steeler football to have the same result).

As far as you know? What, you couldn't conduct "extensive research" on that? Let me tell you, I grew up in NE Ohio, and was privy to watching quite a few Steelers games on WYKC Channel 3 because the Browns were blacked out due to a non sellout. And, that was during the late 1980s at at that.

And there were more than 2-3 years of poor Steelers football in that sellout streak since 1972.

And, the fact is, potentially we ARE different than anyone else.....years and years of bad football, yet years and years of sellouts.

Now go do YOUR research and find for us what team that has performed so poorly has nevertheless drawn so well? Find a consistent 10-15 year loser that has sold out all its games....other than the Browns.

Right off the top of my head, the Minnesota Wild have sold out every single game in the history of their franchise. And that is a lousy to mediocre Hockey team.

I have never taken the credit away from Browns fans for being very passionate about their team. I don't know what part of that you don't get.

What I am telling you is that you guys seem to want to believe that ever Steelers fan is a bandwagon fan and that Browns fans are the only real fans. You hold onto that delusion.

Every single team, in every single sport, when they win, more people jump on the bandwagon. I don't care if its the Cavaliers, who 10 years ago all their fans were disguised as Blue Seats, the Penguins, who were getting 9000 to show up when it looked like the team was going to move, the Celtics, the Bengals, the Patriots, the Phillies, the Rays....EVERY SINGLE TEAM has fans jump on when they win, and jump off when they lose.

Yet what you try to do is make yourself feel better by thinking we will not care about the Steelers when the run comes to an end. You're just plain crazy.

Bottom line is EACH Team is Followed by Loyal and Fierce fans. We have a larger number or " Bandwagoneers " ...because of Success on the field . But our Base Fan~ base is among the Best in the Nation Period. Anyone who doubts that is far from a knowledgeable football fan.. HATE us if you wish but Steeler Nation is here...and in YOUR Town and thats not going to change. The browns long suffering "fandom" is impressive as well. But I wouldn't Trade places with them in a Million years.

Bottom line is EACH Team is Followed by Loyal and Fierce fans. We have a larger number or " Bandwagoneers " ...because of Success on the field . But our Base Fan~ base is among the Best in the Nation Period. Anyone who doubts that is far from a knowledgeable football fan.. HATE us if you wish but Steeler Nation is here...and in YOUR Town and thats not going to change. The browns long suffering "fandom" is impressive as well. But I wouldn't Trade places with them in a Million years.

Again, the test of how good your fan base is will come when you have the extended poor performances. Then we would see if they are among the best in the nation. I hope for your sake that is true. Let's test it shall we? For the next 10 years give the Steelers a losing season every year....no, we will give you one OK, above .500 year in that span.

Fair deal?

Again, the test of how good your fan base is will come when you have the extended poor performances. Then we would see if they are among the best in the nation. I hope for your sake that is true. Let's test it shall we? For the next 10 years give the Steelers a losing season every year....no, we will give you one OK, above .500 year in that span.

Fair deal?

LOL... I salute you ...and I would rather pass on that deal. I would like to think we would hang in. I would , Of course I have been a STeeler fan over 40 yrs...

You Dont have Years and Years of "sellouts" ... I agree with the Other poster living in NE Ohio myself ( Born in Pittsburgh... moved here by my Dad for work in the 60`s) ...we have seen Plenty of Steeler Football over the yrs. because of the Lack of Sellouts. No not RAMPANT but you guys have Not had anywhere near all you games sold out.

Yo, feckless, that same ESPN poll you cite that give accolades to Steeler fans, gave the same to Browns fans....and acknowledge that Browns fans would be far and away the best if only the team had any quality.

The fact is, you only hear what you WANT to hear. You surround yourself with sycophants that just tell you how great you are....

But here is a clue: The Emperor has no clothes. Give us 5 bad years of Steeler football and you would have to wake up the echos in ketchupville to hear any noise.

This reply cracked me up and is worth of a replay.

QUOTE (The Gipper @ Oct 30 2009, 01:02 PM)

But here is a clue: The Emperor has no clothes. Give us 5 bad years of Steeler football and you would have to wake up the echos in ketchupville to hear any noise

Funny that you guys can "ASSume" this. Since it hasn't happened since the late 60`s to the early 70~s... You have NO CLUE what "would happen" ...If the Steeler Orginization suddenly fell off the face of the earth. Esp. at this point , as I said before TWO times in the past 37 years the Steelers had had Back to Back losing seasons. The Fan base is Going NOWHERE. We would be angry , for sure . But still in place. But more than likely we wont see a 5 year drought as there is Dedication to winning Bred into the Franchise. And Barring Poor ownership we should stay the course. "ASSume" all you want ... The Hard core Base of the Steeler Fan~base is rock solid... Steel Solid... and will survive whatever happens.

The Hard core Base of the Steeler Fan~base is rock solid... Steel Solid... and will survive whatever happens.

Famous last words: "Hey y'all, watch this!" We shall see.

Famous last words: "Hey y'all, watch this!" We shall see.

Actually Fat chance you ever get to find out ...

LOL... Poor lost soul... Salt in the Wound STAT OF THE DAY.... Since 1972 the Pittsburgh STEELERS had posted back to back losing seasons ...TWICE !!!!

...as I said Back to Back losing seasons is as bad as it gets according to the track record of the past 37 years, however for the Browns 5 times in the same times span (and Most of those runs had 4 or more Consecutive losing seasons) SteelerNation alive and well throughout The USA , even in YOUR Town.

Archived