THE BROWNS BOARD

New York vs. Philadelphia

The Gipper

With the World Series starting tonight between the Phillies and the Yankees, here is the history of New York vs. Philadelphia "Finals" held between teams from the two cities:

Baseball:

1905 NY Giants defeat Philadelphia A's

1911 Philly A's defeat NY Giants

1913 Philly A's defeat NY Giants

1950 NY Yankees defeat Philadelphia Phillies

Hockey:

1980 New York Islanders defeat Philadelphia Flyers

There has never been an NFL title game since 1933 between a team from Philly and one from NYC, nor has there been an NBA Final between teams from the two cities, primarily because they play in the same conference.

On this same subject of New York vs. Philly, here is something for you to "chew on". I am going to list "icons" of each city.

You tell us which one you prefer:

1. New York Cheesecake or Philly Cheesesteak?

2. The Empire State Building or Independence Hall?

3. The Statue of Liberty or The Liberty Bell?

4. NYC's Little Italy or Philly's Italian Market?

5. Roy Hobbs, fictional athlete playing for New York Knights or Rocky Balboa, fictional boxer from Philly

6. Brownstones or Rowhomes

7. Buying a coney dog from a NYC street vendor or buying a soft pretzel from a Philly street vendor

8. New York, New York by Frank Sinatra(or Liza Minelli) or The Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen

9. Earl the Pearl Monroe (NYC basketball player) or Dr. J (Philadelphia basketball player)

10. George Carlin (comedian from NYC) or Bill Cosby (comedian from Philly)

11. Without a Trace (Jerry Bruckheimer mystery set in NYC) or Cold Case (Jerry Bruckheimer mystery set in Philly)

12. Theodore Roosevelt (from NYC) or Benjamin Franklin (from Philly)

On this same subject of New York vs. Philly, here is something for you to "chew on". I am going to list "icons" of each city.

Philly

Philly

NY

NY

5. Roy Hobbs, fictional athlete playing for New York Knights or Rocky Balboa, fictional boxer from Philly

Philly

NY

7. Buying a coney dog from a NYC street vendor or buying a soft pretzel from a Philly street vendor

NY

8. New York, New York by Frank Sinatra(or Liza Minelli) or The Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen

NY

9. Earl the Pearl Monroe (NYC basketball player) or Dr. J (Philadelphia basketball player)

Philly

Philly

11. Without a Trace (Jerry Bruckheimer mystery set in NYC) or Cold Case (Jerry Bruckheimer mystery set in Philly)

Philly

Philly

As for the World Series ... Phillies in Seven

I will answer my own query:

1. New York Cheesecake or Philly Cheesesteak? give me the protein, Cheesesteak

2. The Empire State Building or Independence Hall? Independence Hall has more meaning to the nation

3. The Statue of Liberty or The Liberty Bell? The lady in the bay.

4. NYC's Little Italy or Philly's Italian Market? Mulberry Street (Little Italy)

5. Roy Hobbs, fictional athlete playing for New York Knights or Rocky Balboa, fictional boxer from Philly Yo, Rocky

6. Brownstones or Rowhomes Brownstones, more room

7. Buying a coney dog from a NYC street vendor or buying a soft pretzel from a Philly street vendor Pretzel baby

NY, NY, more upbeat

9. Earl the Pearl Monroe (NYC basketball player) or Dr. J (Philadelphia basketball player) The Doc

10. George Carlin (comedian from NYC) or Bill Cosby (comedian from Philly), Carlin, more edgy

originally, Without a Trace, now, probably Cold Case

12. Theodore Roosevelt (from NYC) or Benjamin Franklin (from Philly) As the creator of this thread I am allowed the privilege of declaring one tie. This is it. I am a big fan of both.

Philly Cheesesteak. Everytime I visit my daugher we go and get one.

Independence Hall

Statue of Liberty

NYC's Little Italy

Rocky Balboa

Brownstones

Coney dog NYC

New York, New York by Frank Sinatra

Dr. J

George Carlin

Without a Trace

Benjamin Franklin

Living in downtown Philadelphia is ridiculous. When the Phils won the NLCS the streets were packed. When they won the WS last year, the town was torn to pieces.

I was hoping to catch a WS game in person before I die, but since they are playing the Yanks, ticket prices are sky high because the two cities are relatively close.

And don't even get me started about the Game 1 pitching matchup.

1. Cheesesteak (yum)

2. Empire State Building (It plays a key role in the best chick flick ever)

3. Statue of Liberty (My grandparents all entered the USofA via Ellis Island so she wins)

4. Draw. I don't know enough about either.

5. Hobbs I love baseball

6. Brownstones

7. Not even close---the dog

8. Sinatra just because it's well, Sinatra.

9. Dr. J.

10. Cosby

11. Cold Case

12. Benjamin Franklin.

I think that gives Philly the win by a nose.

I didnt get to catch the game yesterday, can someone fill me in on the score and how Cliff and CC did.

Phillies won 6-1. Cliff Lee gave one of the greatest performances in a WS game, apparently, 10 Ks, no walks, the only run scored was an unearned run given up in the 9th inning. CC pitched well, leaving the game behind only 2-0, but the Yankee bullpen gave up 4 more runs.

How sad! The Browns are so bad were are forced to talk about the crap the Gippers posting.

Nobody is forcing you to dick around with my crap. You dick around with my crap because you like to dick around with my crap, or you like to do dick. If you don't want to dick around with my crap, don't. If you don't want to do it, go crapless, or dickless.

How sad! The Browns are so bad were are forced to talk about the crap the Gippers posting.

I can't speak for anyone else, but ive found gippers little trivia questions and other info to be pretty good and entertaining.

Keep it coming.

I'm more curious about the person who posted asking about the game last night. Why not just go on one of 100 websites that would tell you all about the game? Maybe that's just me. Kinda like the people in the tavern on Sundays constantly asking for game updates, drives me crazy.

I'm more curious about the person who posted asking about the game last night. Why not just go on one of 100 websites that would tell you all about the game? Maybe that's just me. Kinda like the people in the tavern on Sundays constantly asking for game updates, drives me crazy.

I eventually did do that to find out the score. I just wanted to hear a Cleveland fans perspective on how 2 former Cleveland pitchers performed.

Archived