THE BROWNS BOARD

What the Browns' 2010 draft could look like: from a mock

calfoxwc

http://scoutingthesports.com/?p=3950

2. Cleveland Browns – Eric Berry, FS Tennessee

Considered one of the top safety prospects in a long time, Tennessee safety Eric Berry

could be the top player selected overall in his draft. He is excellent in coverage,

hits like a ton of bricks, and is a game changer in the secondary. He has game changing

speed so if he gets his hands on a pick, don't expect anyone to stop him. His speed

could also allow him to return punts, making him an even more valuable prospect.

If the Browns pick high enough and get this guy, surely we'd all be happy. I'm in Camp Berry !

34. Cleveland Browns – George Selvie, OLB, South Florida

Selvie performed well early in his career but he only had 5.5 sacks last year.

Regardless, Selvie is a talented pass rusher and could excel as a 3-4 rush linebacker.

He led the nation in tackles for loss a few years ago and really knows how to disrupt

the offense in the backfield.

I don't know that much about this one... for a second round pick, he might be the right guy...

66. Cleveland Browns – Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern

Wootton is another talented d-end with good size and tons of upside. He has tons

of room to add weight and could excel as a 3-4 end. He is very quick to the ball

and should move further up draft boards.

Wootten... sounds like a good pick to me, like the pick above, I'll have to try to watch their college games coming up

then the third round extra pick from the Jets, which the draft didn't include, unless I missed it...

73. Jacksonville Jaguars – Tim Hiller, QB, Western Michigan

Tim Hiller is a talented QB from Western Michigan that many teams like. He possesses

great size and a solid arm. He also possesses great leadership and sees the field well.

Teams will look at him despite playing against lower competition.

I like this guy - I would be surprised if he goes this low. Sounds like a Barfsonhisburger, only not ugly and very smart.

75. Dallas Cowboys – Zane Beadles, OT, Utah

Beadles is a solid left tackle who can protect the quarterback. He is a versatile

tackle who started his career at guard before moving to tackle. Beadles can play

multiple positions along the line, making him a valuable prospect.

Extra third pick a RT? I would LOVE it.

84. Houston Texans – Charles Scott, RB, LSU

Scott was the main feature of LSU's offense due to their poor passing attack.

Despite defenses targeting LSU's running game, Scott had a productive junior

season, rushing for over 1,100 yards and tallying 18 td's. His physical style

will help him in the NFL.

RB in the third round with extra pick... say, makes you want us to have three picks in the third round, eh?

95. New York Giants – Stanley Havili, FB, USC

Havilli is an absolute monster, who has been relied on to protect the likes

of John David Booty and Mark Sanchez. Havilli is excellent in pass protection

and does a great job being a lead blocker for the Trojans mass corps of running

backs. Havilli is also a threat coming out of the backfield, as he is a good short

yardage runner but an even better passing option out of the backfield.

Crap. Now I want 4 picks in the third round. Maybe this guy will be there in the fourth round. ....

Well, you have to follow the link. The first three picks are the predictions for the Browns actual picks, as assumed...

the following is just some players I picked out of the entire third round, that I imagined that the Browns could nab with their

extra pick from the Jets.

But, I would like all four. I know the fb would be a luxury, and we don't have scouting reports on the players...

but if Lewis were to retire? next year, I could see Vickers being our bigger back with Havili stepping in as fb.

Or, something. Who knows. But, I don't see a better pick for the Browns than Berry.

Well, you have to follow the link. The first three picks are the predictions for the Browns actual picks, as assumed...

the following is just some players I picked out of the entire third round, that I imagined that the Browns could nab with their

extra pick from the Jets.

But, I would like all four. I know the fb would be a luxury, and we don't have scouting reports on the players...

but if Lewis were to retire? next year, I could see Vickers being our bigger back with Havili stepping in as fb.

Or, something. Who knows. But, I don't see a better pick for the Browns than Berry.

I'd be interested in knowing what the Running Back possibilities are for the Browns not just in the draft but via trades as well.

Do we know what this years draft is rich in apart from QB's ? Are there great picks available in the 2nd round ?

maybe im reading this wrong.....you mean this years class is deep at QB? which college football you watchin son?

If we take a FB in the 3rd I will probably cry. Heres what i think we should do

1-E. Berry (FS/SS)TEN- Reminds me of Ed Reed, need I say more? I also want Brandon Spikes ILB from FLA. He is their defensive leader and that is what we are missing on this team. We need to play with some tenacity and this is a good back up option if Berry is off the bpard.

2-S.Kilgore (DE/OLB)TEX- Decent pass rusher and can cover. Is very raw but productive.

3-C.Scott (OT/OG)TEN- 345 lbs has decent enough feet to play OT. If He doesnt work at OT he is a beast at OG.

3-M.Johnson(ILB)UK- Big guy that has a nose for the ball. I have watched this guy for a couple years and eveytime I see a UK game I hear his name called.

I wont try to guess where anyone else ends up but her are some names I like

QBs-

D.Clark PSU

D.Lafavour CMU

RBs

A.Dixon MIss St

J.Bell Wayne state

Wrs

J.Shipley TEX

I have to leave but those are couple possible late rounders I like there are more but I dont have the time to go over them

Archived