THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Free Agency

CLEVELandMILIDH

Since we're gonna have alot of money to spend in free agency I decided to look at some of the free agent options in 2010. I left alot of big names off the list, just wrote the ones I'd like the Browns to look at. So you can imagine this is a big free agency year, and with a bunch of blue chip playes coming out in the draft, if there was ever a year to rebuild its deffeniantly this one. Feel free to add who ever I left out that you like, and comment on who you like us to pursue in free agency

Position Name age

CB Ashton Youboty 24

WR Chris Henry 26

TE Tony Scheffler 26

QB Dante Culpepper 32

OLB Aaron Kamman 29

MLB DeMeco Ryans 25

QB Chad Pennington 33

RB Ronnie Brown 27

TE Anthony Fasano 25

QB Tarvaris Jackson 26

G Logan Mankins 27

NT Vince Wilfork 27

RB Darren Sproles 26

OLB Shawne Merriman 25

RB Lendale White 24

TE Alge Crumpler 31

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch 30

it's fun to think about but you have to understand half those guys will sign with their current teams or get tagged...a guy like Ryans isn't going to leave Texas without being offered the high tender number, which means we would have to give up 2 first rounders to sign him.

I would concentrate on the guys 33 and older...they might actually end up free agents.

Since we're gonna have alot of money to spend in free agency I decided to look at some of the free agent options in 2010. I left alot of big names off the list, just wrote the ones I'd like the Browns to look at. So you can imagine this is a big free agency year, and with a bunch of blue chip playes coming out in the draft, if there was ever a year to rebuild its deffeniantly this one. Feel free to add who ever I left out that you like, and comment on who you like us to pursue in free agency

Position Name age

CB Ashton Youboty 24

WR Chris Henry 26

TE Tony Scheffler 26

QB Dante Culpepper 32

OLB Aaron Kamman 29

MLB DeMeco Ryans 25

QB Chad Pennington 33

RB Ronnie Brown 27

TE Anthony Fasano 25

QB Tarvaris Jackson 26

G Logan Mankins 27

NT Vince Wilfork 27

RB Darren Sproles 26

OLB Shawne Merriman 25

RB Lendale White 24

TE Alge Crumpler 31

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch 30

I bet KVB gets franchised after the Titans lost Haynesworth, unless they decide they are rebuilding

Position Name age

CB Ashton Youboty 24

WR Chris Henry 26

TE Tony Scheffler 26

QB Dante Culpepper 32

OLB Aaron Kamman 29

MLB DeMeco Ryans 25

QB Chad Pennington 33

RB Ronnie Brown 27

TE Anthony Fasano 25

QB Tarvaris Jackson 26

G Logan Mankins 27

NT Vince Wilfork 27

RB Darren Sproles 26

OLB Shawne Merriman 25

RB Lendale White 24

TE Alge Crumpler 31

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch 30

Not a lot going on here..some mentioned Pennington...i would hang myself from the browns scoreboard to prove my point...

Ryans is a solid LB not sure how he fits in this scheme..i think Merriman may be done...but hes better than anything we have...and if Lendale white culd give up all you can eat chinese buffets ..nah never mind even then he is still toast

come on draft!!!

Not a lot going on here..some mentioned Pennington...i would hang myself from the browns scoreboard to prove my point...

Ryans is a solid LB not sure how he fits in this scheme..i think Merriman may be done...but hes better than anything we have...and if Lendale white culd give up all you can eat chinese buffets ..nah never mind even then he is still toast

come on draft!!!

Lendale actually said he quit drinking tequila this year to lose weight. He's down like 20-30 pounds from last year if I remember correctly. As for "Not a lot going on here" I think everyplayer listed is a pretty big upgrade over what we have expect maybe NT

Lendale actually said he quit drinking tequila this year to lose weight. He's down like 20-30 pounds from last year if I remember correctly. As for "Not a lot going on here" I think everyplayer listed is a pretty big upgrade over what we have expect maybe NT

yes every player may be an upgrade..but not the long term answer and most likely will not be available for us anyways ...just being real..hah!

and yah WHite did lose some weight but he does not look like the same playe..isnt that weird?

yes every player may be an upgrade..but not the long term answer and most likely will not be available for us anyways ...just being real..hah!

and yah WHite did lose some weight but he does not look like the same playe..isnt that weird?

Have we had a long term answer at any position since we came back in 99? Left tackle and Kick returner are the only possiple long term solutions on this team and who knows what will happen with them. If you have an opportunity to upgrade a position for 3-4 years you do it. Like EM said, were looking at every possible way to get better, and if we see an opportunity to get better will do it.

You cant plug in 22 long term solutions in one year, you gotta have a balance.

Have we had a long term answer at any position since we came back in 99? Left tackle and Kick returner are the only possiple long term solutions on this team and who knows what will happen with them. If you have an opportunity to upgrade a position for 3-4 years you do it. Like EM said, were looking at every possible way to get better, and if we see an opportunity to get better will do it.

You cant plug in 22 long term solutions in one year, you gotta have a balance.

Hey now don't forget long snapper! Ryan Pontbriand for Pro Bowl!!

Position Name age

CB Ashton Youboty 24

WR Chris Henry 26

TE Tony Scheffler 26

QB Dante Culpepper 32

OLB Aaron Kamman 29

MLB DeMeco Ryans 25

QB Chad Pennington 33

RB Ronnie Brown 27

TE Anthony Fasano 25

QB Tarvaris Jackson 26

G Logan Mankins 27

NT Vince Wilfork 27

RB Darren Sproles 26

OLB Shawne Merriman 25

RB Lendale White 24

TE Alge Crumpler 31

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch 30

Ummm bring them all... every one is an upgrade. then all we need is another 35 guys on top of that..( ok except culpepper)

Not this again!

DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT!!!!

spend 3 years drafting well, and add 1 FA player a year.

You build a team, you don't piece one together.

(I know I've said something that make sense, so, see you in 20 days after my banning is over)

Its always good to build through the draft if you can do it but its gonna take a few years. If you have the cap space to get extra pieces in free agency, why not do it. Look at what the Patriots do they bring in a bunch of free agents every year and still win.

Look at what Mcdaniels did in denver, he brought in basically the whole team through FA's. Its been done both ways we just need a guy who knows what he's looking for weather its free agents or the draft

Archived